What up Texas?

DevilDog

40 minutes ago, Champa said:

Has a team ever Rockwalled their way to a state championship? NC may be the best equipped to do that, but I'm afraid Dville will only get better and manhandle them physically.

not in recent memory.  I don't believe NC can do it either, they will have to improve on defense.  both DV and NS would beat them in the trenches

however, last year desoto defense was undersized and they were able to put enough pressure on DV to slow down the pass game and stop the run, for the most part. its possible NC could do the same 

Dallas Jesuit got killed by Highland Park. Add the Hebron blowout and DJ’s only win on the year so far is against New Orleans Jesuit. 

Fun fact. New Orleans Jesuit is ranked 35th in Louisana and Dallas Jesuit is ranked 70th just in class 6A!! 😂

speaking of Highland Park, they play Colorado’s number 1 team this week Cherry Creek. Interesting game 

• Like 1

Honestly, if there was a NC/Desoto rematch, I'd put money on Desoto winning. A lot of things just happened to go right for NC on that night. Things that probably wouldn't happen again. The Eagles had a few bad turnovers, key players being stupid and getting ejected, NC faking a punt deep in their own territory and running it for a first down to name a few.

As has already been stated by a few people already, they need to get tougher on defense. If not, they'll end up like Atascocita has the past several years.

• Like 1

a team to keep an eye on in 5AD2 is Arlington seguin. They’re 3-0, all blowouts, but the eye opener was the 50-14 win over a talented red oak. Same red oak team that just beat cedar hill 41-14. I watched their first game v north mesquite, very quick n fast and a defense that swarms to the ball (first game had a lot of penalties but that’s expected some) 

they have a 6A sized OL:

6’4 330

6’0 310

6’7 370

6’4 310

they play grapevine this Thursday, game is on NFHS.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 9:04 AM, Horsefly said:

a team to keep an eye on in 5AD2 is Arlington seguin. They’re 3-0, all blowouts, but the eye opener was the 50-14 win over a talented red oak. Same red oak team that just beat cedar hill 41-14. I watched their first game v north mesquite, very quick n fast and a defense that swarms to the ball (first game had a lot of penalties but that’s expected some) 

they have a 6A sized OL:

6’4 330

6’0 310

6’7 370

6’4 310

they play grapevine this Thursday, game is on NFHS.

Watch they'll end up like Arlington Martin...

• Haha 1