What up Texas?

DevilDog

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Man Kilgore had the ball on Gilmer's 5 yard line with 6 ticks left.  A Kilgore game was hurt went down injury without a time out.  10 second run off and they lost.  They are not happy a terrible way to lose a great game. They lined up to kick and was advised game over and they are pissed.  24 - 22 Buckeyes

Woooow.

10 minutes ago, Champa said:

The game should have never been that close. Duncanville couldn't stop turning the damn ball over. Oh well.

Also, Duncanville with the two dropped pick 6’s on the SAME drive, the missed 3-pt. FG and the wide open receiver missed for a TD 😒

. . . but it would’ve been far worse had they lost the game from all of that.

Even though it could’ve gotten ugly for SFA, I am proud of Texas for standing tall and bringing us an instant [Heart Trauma Inducing] classic ❤️

I wouldn’t want it any other way.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Also, Duncanville with the two dropped pick 6’s on the SAME drive, the missed 3-pt. FG and the wide open receiver missed for a TD 😒

. . . but it would’ve been far worse had they lost the game from all of that.

Even though it could’ve gotten ugly for SFA, I am proud of Texas for standing tall and bringing us an instant [Heart Trauma Inducing] classic ❤️

I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Duncanville having a bye week, week 1 hurts them. The game time experience with this team could have better settled the nerves and mental errors 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Duncanville having a bye week, week 1 hurts them. The game time experience with this team could have better settled the nerves and mental errors 

I agree.

They seemed to play a lot more comfortable in the 2nd half and I could see them playing the entire game that way if this was game 3 for them. With more poise.

It would be nice to see them have their oos opponents in week 3 instead of game 1 or 2 more often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I agree.

They seemed to play a lot more comfortable in the 2nd half and I could see them playing the entire game that way if this was game 3 for them. With more poise.

It would be nice to see them have their oos opponents in week 3 instead of game 1 or 2 more often.

Being saying this for years.  Especially considering this was SFA game 4.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 12:01 PM, DevilDog said:

There have been plenty top 4A teams beating top 5A teams.  Take Argyle they moved up to 5A and only State Champ SOC beat them in a tight game in the Quarter finals of 5AII.    Every 4A power that moved up has been dominate in 5A.  So what would make Lufkin special against the most Dominate 4A Team.  Liberty Hill, China Spring and others have beaten or went toe to toe with 5A Teams as 4A. Carthage beat 5A State runner up  Crosby about 3 years ago.   WOS constantly beats 5A Playoff teams.  As a matter of fact 5A State Champ PNG beat them by 6 in OT last year but beat down the rest of 5A.  I don't think they beat Lobo most years.  But they would give Lufkin hell and favored in most games the last decade.  They will play a 6A team in a few weeks.  Losing to Rival Kilgore which hadn't beaten them in a while is always a tough game.  Suratt's kid needs to stop fumbling and tossing Int's this year.  They have beaten multiple5A Marshall teams including the one that went almost 4 rounds deep in the 5A Playoffs.   There is no great difference between top 4A and 5A because now they play and that bias has been proven to be false.  Mid. Heritage, Melissa, Liberty Hill and Argyle are 5A Powers and didn't miss a beat moving up.  Anna will prove this again as a new 5A team.   The to 4A Teams in bEast Texas 1 - 5 are better than the top 5A 1 - 5.  PG, Carthage, Kilgore, Gilmer and Chapel Hill would beat down 5A.  Whitehouse a top 25 5A team got beat down by Kilgore 27 -7 last week. They won't beat Gilmer like that tonight.  And I would love to see Lufkin win State or do well.  5A in bEast Texas don't represent the Piney Woods well in the playoffs like 4A down which is dominate.  Like 29 out of the last 30 years straight with a State Champ in 2A - 4A.  

PNG got boat race by Port Arthur Memorial last season 47-7. Big jump from 4AD2 to 5AD1. Not as big of a jump playing 5AD2. Lufkin's been down but this year they would absolutely whip Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore and any other 4A school. Lufkin's gonna beat PAM later this year. Just watch. I already conceeded that Carthage would have won a few vs Lufkin this last decade we've had some bad teams but this isn't one of them and most years since Surrat has been there Lufkin would win. Especially from 2000 to 2012. I don't wanna come off as dismissive of Carthage or any other 4A school. Just think it's a little different at the top of 5AD1. Longview Pine Tree just beat Gilmer this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

PNG got boat race by Port Arthur Memorial last season 47-7. Big jump from 4AD2 to 5AD1. Not as big of a jump playing 5AD2. Lufkin's been down but this year they would absolutely whip Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore and any other 4A school. Lufkin's gonna beat PAM later this year. Just watch. I already conceeded that Carthage would have won a few vs Lufkin this last decade we've had some bad teams but this isn't one of them and most years since Surrat has been there Lufkin would win. Especially from 2000 to 2012. I don't wanna come off as dismissive of Carthage or any other 4A school. Just think it's a little different at the top of 5AD1. Longview Pine Tree just beat Gilmer this year. 

Pine Tree beat Gilmer for the 1st time in their history.  There isn't a big differences in 5Ai and 5AII.  Hell 5AIi has beaten Longview and Skyline.  If the classes are that dominate how does a smaller Ga. School just give Rockwall Heath hell.  But in Texas we don't believe we can have a 4A Powerhouse that would do the same.  .I can give plenty examples of 5AII kicking 5AI butt's too and losing to a 4A team.  5AII Lovejoy beat 5AI College Station as one example.  If that's true how did  4AI LBJ beat Down 5AI Power Manor 21 - 7 a few years ago.  Their only loss till Paetow beat them in the playoffs.  If that jump is that great that shouldn't happen?  Frisco Panther Creek beat the hell out of Arlington Heights . There isn't that great a difference with the top teams.  SOC a 5AII School just went on the road and beat Longview.  Again all those FORMER 4A powers moved up to 5A and became dominate 5A Teams.  How was that possible.  Years ago 4A Stepehenville beat Florida's Dillard.  But somehow Texas 5AI would be a different animal.  I doin't buy it because I keep up with the cross classifications and once 5A Split we get a lot of 4A and 5A games.  Hell top 3A has kicked topped 4A ass.  Columbus might be a top 35 Texas team and they are 3A.  They killed Cuero who will play 5AII C.C. Miller who played Desoto this past week.  They better better  destroy Cuero.   3A Columbus beat 4A Power Cuero 65 - 24.  I damn sure will be watching.  After all that is 2 classes up for Cuero.   I will be pulling for Lufkin and the rest of bEast Texas regardless of Class.  4A has beaten, Byrd, Arkansas High and years ago 3A power at the time beat Lawton Eisenhower who was a powerhouse at the time.  As a matter of fact they split.  PG has many teams that would have beat their T-Town fellow Texas High over the last decade.  Not this year Though.  I agree 5A can have a few teams that can go head up with 6A that is a rare bunch the majority of 5A is Closer to top 4A than they are 6A.  Aledo is an exception and beats 5A like a ragdoll.  Hell they have won State 200 years in a row.