What up Texas?

DevilDog

On 8/18/2024 at 1:57 PM, DevilDog said:

I respect them for schedulling 3 Texas Teams and each good in their respective classes.  Yep Lobo and Ruston have a long History going back decades.   Those games are 5, 6, and 7. All those teams will have their resume set by week 5.  Really interested in them vs. Stephenville.  That will be an indictment on their States Football.  No way in Hell Stephenville would be competitive vs. our Top 5.  We have a lot of games vs. Neighboring states teams.  Melissa and Texas High who have a dynamic RB will battle top Ark teams.  Don't know why Lufkin is playing L.R. Southwest, Ar.  That is a bad football team and Lufkin is projected to be good in 5A this year.   With that said Lobo has won 64% of their games vs. Ruston head to head and has beat them like a rented mule the last 3. 

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/ruston.html

Lufkin didn't have a choice but to play them. It's going to get ugly tonight. This is as good as Lufkin has been in almost 20 years. I fully expect them to make a legit run to the title game. Probably would had beaten Longview had the starting QB not got hurt in the scrimmage.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 8:38 AM, RedZone said:

Carthage is 40 minutes from Beast Longview, but they don't have the balls to schedule Longview....or even Lufkin and the rest of the Big East Texas schools that surround Carthage.

That's why they will always be little bitty Carthage. The wanna-be power dominating small school polls.

Carthage is legit but they not beating Longview or Lufkin most years. Lufkin has had some pretty down years this last decade so I wouldn't rule them out sneaking a few during that time frame. I would have much rather played Carthage instead of this Arkansas team tonight. 

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Lufkin didn't have a choice but to play them. It's going to get ugly tonight. This is as good as Lufkin has been in almost 20 years. I fully expect them to make a legit run to the title game. Probably would had beaten Longview had the starting QB not got hurt in the scrimmage.

Is the starting QB out for the year? 

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Carthage is legit but they not beating Longview or Lufkin most years. Lufkin has had some pretty down years this last decade so I wouldn't rule them out sneaking a few during that time frame. I would have much rather played Carthage instead of this Arkansas team tonight. 

There have been plenty top 4A teams beating top 5A teams.  Take Argyle they moved up to 5A and only State Champ SOC beat them in a tight game in the Quarter finals of 5AII.    Every 4A power that moved up has been dominate in 5A.  So what would make Lufkin special against the most Dominate 4A Team.  Liberty Hill, China Spring and others have beaten or went toe to toe with 5A Teams as 4A. Carthage beat 5A State runner up  Crosby about 3 years ago.   WOS constantly beats 5A Playoff teams.  As a matter of fact 5A State Champ PNG beat them by 6 in OT last year but beat down the rest of 5A.  I don't think they beat Lobo most years.  But they would give Lufkin hell and favored in most games the last decade.  They will play a 6A team in a few weeks.  Losing to Rival Kilgore which hadn't beaten them in a while is always a tough game.  Suratt's kid needs to stop fumbling and tossing Int's this year.  They have beaten multiple5A Marshall teams including the one that went almost 4 rounds deep in the 5A Playoffs.   There is no great difference between top 4A and 5A because now they play and that bias has been proven to be false.  Mid. Heritage, Melissa, Liberty Hill and Argyle are 5A Powers and didn't miss a beat moving up.  Anna will prove this again as a new 5A team.   The to 4A Teams in bEast Texas 1 - 5 are better than the top 5A 1 - 5.  PG, Carthage, Kilgore, Gilmer and Chapel Hill would beat down 5A.  Whitehouse a top 25 5A team got beat down by Kilgore 27 -7 last week. They won't beat Gilmer like that tonight.  And I would love to see Lufkin win State or do well.  5A in bEast Texas don't represent the Piney Woods well in the playoffs like 4A down which is dominate.  Like 29 out of the last 30 years straight with a State Champ in 2A - 4A.  

28 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

There have been plenty top 4A teams beating top 5A teams.  Take Argyle they moved up to 5A and only State Champ SOC beat them in a tight game in the Quarter finals of 5AII.    Every 4A power that moved up has been dominate in 5A.  So what would make Lufkin special against the most Dominate 4A Team.  Liberty Hill, China Spring and others have beaten or went toe to toe with 5A Teams as 4A. Carthage beat 5A State runner up  Crosby about 3 years ago.   WOS constantly beats 5A Playoff teams.  As a matter of fact 5A State Champ PNG beat them by 6 in OT last year but beat down the rest of 5A.  I don't think they beat Lobo most years.  But they would give Lufkin hell and favored in most games the last decade.  They will play a 6A team in a few weeks.  Losing to Rival Kilgore which hadn't beaten them in a while is always a tough game.  Suratt's kid needs to stop fumbling and tossing Int's this year.  They have beaten multiple5A Marshall teams including the one that went almost 4 rounds deep in the 5A Playoffs.   There is no great difference between top 4A and 5A because now they play and that bias has been proven to be false.  Mid. Heritage, Melissa, Liberty Hill and Argyle are 5A Powers and didn't miss a beat moving up.  Anna will prove this again as a new 5A team.   The to 4A Teams in bEast Texas 1 - 5 are better than the top 5A 1 - 5.  PG, Carthage, Kilgore, Gilmer and Chapel Hill would beat down 5A.  Whitehouse a top 25 5A team got beat down by Kilgore 27 -7 last week. They won't beat Gilmer like that tonight.  And I would love to see Lufkin win State or do well.  5A in bEast Texas don't represent the Piney Woods well in the playoffs like 4A down which is dominate.  Like 29 out of the last 30 years straight with a State Champ in 2A - 4A.  

Is there any chance we ever see a Carthage move up?

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Is there any chance we ever see a Carthage move up?

I don't think so unlike Aledo ISD though a small town too.  5 other towns fall under their ISD.  Carthage is the ISD.  Their Cosch said he has a hard time getting games.  Notice they play all the 4A powers before district games.  That's how 6A Benito got on their schedule.  I think they meet in Bay City.  

3 minutes ago, Champa said:

and Cita scores a 78 yard TD. 14 - 14.

Can the defense play now?

They can! At least for one play. Interception Atascocita.

Cita - 17

Westlake - 14

Other scores:

Good 4A game:

West Orange - 16

La Vega - 14

Silsbee - 17

Nederland - 0

I'm shocked at this one.

FB Hightower - 21

Port Arthur Memorial - 6