What up Texas?

DevilDog

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is a big Private vs. Public.  Jason Whitten led #1 TAPPS I Argyle LIberty Christian vs. 5AII #4 Texas High of bEast Texas.

Game is at LIberty Christian.

Liberty's no joke.  Interested to see how this one goes, big step up for the Warriors here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

where is the one being played?

At Liberty, in Argyle.  They have a nice little setup out there.  Right down the street from the Argyle HS stadium, but the new Argyle HS is down the road in Flower Mound lol.

• Thanks 1

Tw other big Private school games are:

Plano Prestonwood @ FW All Saints  - All Saints beat parish last night and they got several good players over the summer.  No one os sure if it was more on Parish having an off night (several turnovers/etc.) or AS being that good.  Prestonwood has been a rung behind Parish  for the last few years, but maybe they're better and on that level this year.  

This game may help to clarify this.

Bellaire Episcopal @ Parish - These teams have been the class of their leagus (TAPPS/SPC) and have played recently.  Bellaire took last year's meeting and there is plenty for Parish to prove in this game. A bt of revenge from last seaons dwn in Hosuton and to sho last week was a fluke.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pied said:

Liberty's no joke.  Interested to see how this one goes, big step up for the Warriors here.

i had the pleasure a few years ago to watch them vs. Melissa.  Former Saints and Bronco's Head Coach Sean Payton's son played LB for them. I got to spend the 2nd hafl of the game with him.  Talking football a lot about the Saints but also Texas HS Football.  I told him I was upset he didn't get to replace Parcell as the Cowboys coach.  That guy flew here every Friday night to watch his kid.  Told me he grabbed a Whataburger and took the redeye back to New Orleans.  He knew every kid by name and told me that when he was suspended he coached them and they were like 6 graders.  That is a good program with some wealthy parents and they do have a nice stadium out there in Argyle.   With that said I am a bEast Texas kid and will be pulling for the Texas High Tigers who have a tough schedule. They play Arkansas  top 7A in a few weeks too. 

• Like 1