What up Texas?

DevilDog

32 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Norris (McLaren) was bringing it today for pole position.  Verstappen 2nd and Norris teammate, Piastri 3rd slot for tomorrow’s race.  

Very little room for passing maneuvers on this track layout.  Nonetheless, will look fwd to watching, as always.  

The last 3 years (up until the second half this year) has been unwatchable with no parity and the obvious ways the governing body has manipulate the outcome of races and stifled competition. At least this year it more competitive and next year should be interesting with all the changes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

The last 3 years (up until the second half this year) has been unwatchable with no parity and the obvious ways the governing body has manipulate the outcome of races and stifled competition. At least this year it more competitive and next year should be interesting with all the changes.

It was a lot different when Hamilton won the four previous and six of the last eight....

10 minutes ago, pied said:

Meant six of 7, but it's funny that you think 3 in a row was unwatchable, but seem ok with ~7 in a row lol.

It has nothing to do with who won the championship or how many, it’s the quality of racing involved. Verstappen is probably going to win another one but he’s had to work for it and the outcomes don’t seem predetermined.

4 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

It has nothing to do with who won the championship or how many, it’s the quality of racing involved. Verstappen is probably going to win another one but he’s had to work for it and the outcomes don’t seem predetermined.

if you say so

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yessir!  Texans are well represented 

Tarleton State is destroying McNeese St.   They are ranked 21st in FCS and looking good.  You know you are getting old when i just saw B.J. Johnson's son score a TD on a WR fade.   They got some good looking WR's.  Also the Little Lone Stars are up 2 - 0 on the Baby Gators.  Beat them 4 -1 earlier in this tournament and is undefeated so far.  Bottom of the 3rd. 

• Thanks 1

Bottom of 5th Texas takes the led 6 - 5 on wild pitch to home plate .  Bases are loaded with 2 outs.  Srike 3 catcher drops the ball and runner forgets to run to 1st.  Being reviewed wasn't a foul.  He should be safe and another run should be good.  7 - 5 Texas.  Lucky break.  It stands.  

Texas replaces pitcher with sore shoulder for a kid that doesn't have much of an arm and struggling with control.   Texas gave up 3 runs the whole tournament and Florida has put 9 on them.  9 - 7 Florida with 4 runs in the 6th.  Texas is imploding.   

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Tarleton State is destroying McNeese St.   They are ranked 21st in FCS and looking good.  You know you are getting old when i just saw B.J. Johnson's son score a TD on a WR fade.   They got some good looking WR's.  Also the Little Lone Stars are up 2 - 0 on the Baby Gators.  Beat them 4 -1 earlier in this tournament and is undefeated so far.  Bottom of the 3rd. 

McNeese blew that game playing for the FG.  No matter...Demons always want McNeese to lose.

Fork'em!

• Haha 1

Ok, it’s game week in Texas.  There’s are several quality week 1 games. What games are you looking forward to?  

I’ve got my eyes on north Crowley v Lancaster. NC lit up Allen and trinity in their scrimmages, I’m curious to see if they take the next step this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, it’s game week in Texas.  There’s are several quality week 1 games. What games are you looking forward to?  

I’ve got my eyes on north Crowley v Lancaster. NC lit up Allen and trinity in their scrimmages, I’m curious to see if they take the next step this year. 

Glad we are finally here.  I got many to choose from.  Probably will go up  the road and watch ANNA play TN #4 Oakland.  Anna is ranked #1 in 5AII on Maxpreps but other Texas rankings have them outside the top 10.  Both Dave Campbell and Texas HS Football.  They are defending 4AI Champs that loses their defense.  That's Friday night and the next night right down the Road  5AII Melissa plays defending Ark State 5A Champ and State #1 ranked Parkview on Saturday night.  Dave Campbell has Melissa ranked #9 in 5AII and Texas HS Football has them #5.  Both the TN and AR teams already have a game under their belts.   Also on Friday right up the street we got 3AII #1 Gunter vs. Kinkade.  Why does Dville only have  9 games this year and don't play till next week.  Also in C.C. this weekend we have Allen vs. MIdland Legacy and Westlake vs. Prosper is on Thursday and that game is at Mary Hardin Baylor stadium in Belton.  Collin County is the place to be this weekend in TX HS Football IMHO. 

Gonna watch Anna and Melissa on back to back nights.  Frito Pie time in Texas 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Glad we are finally here.  I got many to choose from.  Probably will go up  the road and watch ANNA play TN #4 Oakland.  Anna is ranked #1 in 5AII on Maxpreps but other Texas rankings have them outside the top 10.  Both Dave Campbell and Texas HS Football.  They are defending 4AI Champs that loses their defense.  That's Friday night and the next night right down the Road  5AII Melissa plays defending Ark State 5A Champ and State #1 ranked Parkview on Saturday night.  Dave Campbell has Melissa ranked #9 in 5AII and Texas HS Football has them #5.  Both the TN and AR teams already have a game under their belts.   Also on Friday right up the street we got 3AII #1 Gunter vs. Kinkade.  Why does Dville only have  9 games this year and don't play till next week.  Also in C.C. this weekend we have Allen vs. MIdland Legacy and Westlake vs. Prosper is on Thursday and that game is at Mary Hardin Baylor stadium in Belton.  Collin County is the place to be this weekend in TX HS Football IMHO. 

Gonna watch Anna and Melissa on back to back nights.  Frito Pie time in Texas 

Excellent games! Duncanville has had 9 games the past 4-5 years. I don’t get it but I guess he thinks his team doesn’t need the game time experience. 

• Like 1

Here are some very interesting Cross Division Games among ranked teams.   5AII Playing a lot of the big boys this weekend.

6A vs. 5A  

#3 NS vs  5AII #2 SOC playing up 2 Divisions 

#10 Cibolo Steele vs. 5AII #8 Liberty Hill up 2 Divisions

#22 Guyer vs. 5AI #1 Aledo

Klien Oak vs. 5AII #1 PNG

Tyler Legacy vs. 5AII #5 Texas High

#15 Red Oak vs. # 5AII #6 Colleyville Heritage.

5AI vs. 5AII

#6 Lone Star vs #3 Argyle 

5A vs 4A

#15 5AII Midlothian Hert. vs. 4AI #1 Stephenville 

4AI vs. 4AII

#4 Celina vs. #3 Bellville

#5 Kilgore vs. #1 Carthage

#8 Decatur vs. #6 Brock 1st year in 4A

4A vs. 3A   This is the best cross classifications IMHO this weeken. 

4AII #18 Cuero vs. 3AI #2 Columbus

4AII #20 China Spring vs. 3AI #3 Franklin 

4AII #12 Glen Rose vs. 3AI #8 Grandview

4AII #19 WOS vs. 3AII #3 Newton

4A#9 Oklahoma Elk City vs. 3AII  #4 Canadian 

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here are some very interesting Cross Division Games among ranked teams.   5AII Playing a lot of the big boys this weeken.

6A vs. 5A  

5AI vs. 5AII

5A vs 4A

4AI vs. 4AII

We should do our pickem off this list. There are going to be several smaller class wins with these matchups 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Here are some very interesting Cross Division Games among ranked teams.   5AII Playing a lot of the big boys this weeken.

6A vs. 5A  

Nope:  NS Wins

Steele Wins

Guyer's QB better be as advertised.  Im going with my Denton boys obviously.

PNG should eeks this out.  But they are known for slow starts.

Texas High wins.  Legacy is meh.

Red Oak wins.

5AI vs. 5AII

Those Frisco teams struggle against Denton County teams.  Give me Argyle.

5A vs 4A

Stephenville in this one.

4AI vs. 4AII

Celina.

As much as I want Kilgore to beat their old nemises...Im going with the favorite.  Carthage.

Palmer is gone.  So is Decatur.

Gobblers take it (Cuero)

China Spring by 1.

Unis - Grandview, Winner - Glen Rose

Ummm...Newton?

Canadian

My picks under the scheduled teams for S&Gs.

• Like 1