What up Texas?

DevilDog

23 hours ago, DevilDog said:

For what it's worth here are all the Texas teams in their National 100 rankings.  The cool thing is you can click on the team see their schedules and predictions for their games along with info on the teams  Don't know where 4A Carthage should be in Texas but they are loaded this year.  Really good Coaches son at QB and one of the best RBs in the State, one of the best LBs in Texas and a really good OT.  Carthage is more talented than LV this year.  Perplexed on them being so high on Lobo.  They lost a lot and I dont think they have kids high on the recruiting radars as in the past.  They are Longview so we shall see.

Duncanville (No. 2 NATL.)
DeSoto (No. 3)
Southlake Carroll (No. 4)
North Shore (No. 6)
Atascocita (No. 9)
Aledo (No. 11)
Guyer (No. 13)
Longview (No. 19)
Westlake (No. 21)
Katy (No. 26)
Summer Creek (No. 30)
Allen (No. 31)
North Crowley (No. 35)
Prosper (No. 37)
Byron Nelson (No. 40)
Vandegrift (No. 41)
King (No. 44)
Cedar Hill (No. 48)
Rockwall (No. 56)
Dickinson (No. 57)
Lovejoy (No. 61)
Klein Collins (No. 62)
Woodlands (No. 67)
Westfield (No. 68)
Coppell (No. 83)
Lewisville (No. 85)
Carthage (No. 86)
South Oak Cliff (No. 87)
Lake Travis (No. 88)
McKinney (No. 90)

Take Lewisville and McKinney off the list please lol.

The Woodlands also.  They'll find a way to disappoint as usual.

• Haha 2

UPDATE;  This sucks

Texas RB CJ Baxter to undergo season-ending knee surgery

Texas running back CJ Baxter suffered a knee injury in practice on Tuesday that will require season-ending surgery, the school announced on Wednesday.

An MRI revealed Baxter suffered a tear in his lateral and posterior collateral ligaments (LCL and PCL), , sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel, and will require surgery.

Baxter, the No. 30 overall recruit in the 2023 ESPN 300, was expected to be a major contributor for Texas this season. Last year, Baxter became the first true freshman to start a season opener for the Longhorns since Ricky Williams in 1995, before leaving the Rice game with a rib injury after five carries for 38 yards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

UPDATE;  This sucks

Texas RB CJ Baxter to undergo season-ending knee surgery

Texas running back CJ Baxter suffered a knee injury in practice on Tuesday that will require season-ending surgery, the school announced on Wednesday.

An MRI revealed Baxter suffered a tear in his lateral and posterior collateral ligaments (LCL and PCL), , sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel, and will require surgery.

Baxter, the No. 30 overall recruit in the 2023 ESPN 300, was expected to be a major contributor for Texas this season. Last year, Baxter became the first true freshman to start a season opener for the Longhorns since Ricky Williams in 1995, before leaving the Rice game with a rib injury after five carries for 38 yards.

Big loss, but it’s time for one of the others to step up like Jaydon Blue. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

It's Texas.  They're usually Deep at RB.  Hope Baxter bounces back.

But I have not a shred of pity foe Texas.  Not Nam One.

We see how you are acting up dar in da Dakota's.  Meanwhile I here your Buffalo's are fighting like the UFC up there in Bolder. What's up with that.  How ironic they open against NDSU 🤔

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

We see how you are acting up dar in da Dakota's.  Meanwhile I here your Buffalo's are fighting like the UFC up there in Bolder. What's up with that.  How ironic they open against NDSU 🤔

SDSU (Not NDSU) might 3-Peat.  They're that good.

And things like that happen when ya too loose on the Reigns.

All I have to say is Deion better not have one of those Colorado Slow-Starts we have been notoriously known for for generations.

12 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

SDSU (Not NDSU) might 3-Peat.  They're that good.

And things like that happen when ya too loose on the Reigns.

All I have to say is Deion better not have one of those Colorado Slow-Starts we have been notoriously known for for generations.

They could easily start 0-3. N. Dakota St is never a slouch. They aren’t going to beat Nebraska in Lincoln. Colorado St. is a rivalry game (they should’ve lost to the Rams last year). 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

They could easily start 0-3. N. Dakota St is never a slouch. They aren’t going to beat Nebraska in Lincoln. Colorado St. is a rivalry game (they should’ve lost to the Rams last year). 

CU wasn't supposed to beat them the last time we were in Lincoln.  These aren't the 90s Huskers.

Lambs are sneaky I agree.  Never know how this game will turn out.

As for NDSU.  CU better stop the run or we're in for a loooooooong day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

CU wasn't supposed to beat them the last time we were in Lincoln.  These aren't the 90s Huskers.

Lambs are sneaky I agree.  Never know how this game will turn out.

As for NDSU.  CU better stop the run or we're in for a loooooooong day.

Okie lite is playimg FCS National Champ SDSU.  That could be very interesting.  Okie lite preseason top 20.  What the hell are those Dakota FCS teams drinking?

SDSU is not stepping back from that challenge.  Let's see if Ollie G. III changes their minds.

It’s getting so hard for us to get an FBS game that whenever we get one, we rejoice,” Stiegelmeier said. “We call a lot of people. When you have success it’s harder. It doesn’t help when you beat Colorado State.”

SDSU defeated Colorado State last year 42-23. It was the Jackrabbits’ second win over an FBS opponent

Sha'Carrie Richardson took the Baton in 5th on the Anchor leg and ran down GB even looking over at them.   That 2nd handoff to Gabby Thomas was not ass smooth and anchor was not good and still ran a 41.78 inthe Rain.  Good Job USA.  Need the Dudes to Rep.   10th USA Gold for T&F.  Not good handoffs in the Rain.  Scares me about the Dudes who are known to screw this up. 

1. USA 41.78

2.  GB 41.85

3 Germany 41.97

4.  France 42.23

5.  Jamaica 42.29  Missing their top 2 fastest ladies

6.  Switzerland 42.67

7.  Canada 42.69

8.  Nederlands 42.74

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Sha'Carrie Richardson took the Baton in 5th on the Anchor leg and ran down GB even looking over at them.   That 2nd handoff to Gabby Thomas was not ass smooth and anchor was not good and still ran a 41.78 inthe Rain.  Good Job USA.  Need the Dudes to Rep.   10th USA Gold for T&F.  Not good handoffs in the Rain.  Scares me about the Dudes who are known to screw this up. 

1. USA 41.78

2.  GB 41.85

3 Germany 41.97

4.  France 42.23

5.  Jamaica 42.29  Missing their top 2 fastest ladies

6.  Switzerland 42.67

7.  Canada 42.69

8.  Nederlands 42.74

Good race, you’re right, bad exchanges, but happy for this one. The women are doing good 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Good race, you’re right, bad exchanges, but happy for this one. The women are doing good 

I reviewed it again. G.B. had a bad handoff on 3rd leg and the 2nd legs for Both France and GB were rolling.  GB 3rd leg literally looked behind her.  No way they would have caught Neita on the Anchor.   Sha'Carrie is a freaking awesome.  She made up for those 2 bad passes including the one to her.  She ran Nieta down.   Germany actually had the league on the Anchor and got worked by GB and USA. 

• Like 1