What up Texas?

DevilDog

3 hours ago, Champa said:

Faith just needs to start a football team. Then Texas will finally have its Mater Dei or IMG.

Word is they chose to opt up to 5A in basketball. I'm sure they probably got a little nudging though. It's not complicated. You treat them like the Jesuit schools in football. You get to blatantly recruit, you play 6A, be it public or private. I'm sorry, I meant to say kids keep showing up to the same school, and surprise, they all just happen to be really tall and good at basketball. An amazing coincidence. FF doesn't recruit 😒

Valid Points.  But I dont think they would be able to handle 5A in football.

On 7/5/2024 at 1:40 AM, DevilDog said:

Faith Family building a National Powerhouse. 

You're the same bubba bro clown that said Bishop Dunne (Dallas) was building a National Powerhouse.

Big TAPP School State Champ Bishop Dunne did finish #12 in Texas in 2018 when (7-4) CE Byrd (Shreveport, La) paddled their butt.. 

That was a stacked Bishop Dunne team.

Point? Where is Bishop Dunne today on the National Powerhouse scale?, right!

Clown talk!

Screenshot_20240706-090257-217.png

@Nolebull813 @I AM IRONMAN @CaliNorth @golfaddict1 @Omaha Vol @HooverOutlaw and several others. Please come get your Bitch.  He's over here on Texas Avenue with his ratched ass dress pulled up seeking La. attention again ☺️  Screaming Buuba bro.  Which has to be  the most rednecked Shait ever.  And makes no damn sense.  I know you don't want to touch him.  As you see we don't.  BUT you do a great job wearing his swampy ass out in every post .

Sincerely Texas

• Haha 5

On 7/5/2024 at 3:17 AM, Horsefly said:

Do away with restricting a transfer for athletic reasons and you won’t have a problem. Families should be free to choose whatever school they want that meets their child’s needs the best. 

🎯 100% correct. It would eliminate whining Manginas!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Nolebull813 @I AM IRONMAN @CaliNorth @golfaddict1 @Omaha Vol @HooverOutlaw and several others. Please come get your Bitch.  He's over here on Texas Avenue with his ratched ass dress pulled up seeking La. attention again ☺️  Screaming Buuba bro.  Which has to be  the most rednecked Shait ever.  And makes no damn sense.  I know you don't want to touch him.  As you see we don't.  BUT you do a great job wearing his swampy ass out in every post .

Sincerely Texas

Keep us ALL posted on  the "new" National Football Powerhouses being built in Texas....

You clearly know your stuff. Just a few years ago you were saying Bishop Dunne would be playing Mater Dei, CA and those type teams. Nailed it!  😭😧😭

You are SO weak!

On 7/6/2024 at 6:08 PM, RedZone said:

Keep us ALL posted on  the "new" National Football Powerhouses being built in Texas....

You clearly know your stuff. Just a few years ago you were saying Bishop Dunne would be playing Mater Dei, CA and those type teams. Nailed it!  😭😧😭

You are SO weak!

Longview has been the La. football powerhouse since 2002. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rockinl said:

Longview has been the La. football powerhouse since 2002. 

Longview is 24-18-1 vs North Louisiana all time and can't beat CE Byrd (Shreveport) no matter what decade they play.

Longview has only played one South Louisiana team which was John Curtis and Longview won that game with a minute on the clock in Texas 24-20.

Funny, 2 weeks later 2A St James, La (public school) beat John Curtis 16-14.

Longview since 2001 is 230-50 vs Texas. A Top 10 Dynasty ranking in Texas. Longview has been one of the premier programs in Texas for decades they just shit the bed when the playoffs come.

Is what it is.

On 7/8/2024 at 1:48 PM, RedZone said:

Longview is 24-18-1 vs North Louisiana all time and can't beat CE Byrd (Shreveport) no matter what decade they play.

Longview has only played one South Louisiana team which was John Curtis and Longview won that game with a minute on the clock in Texas 24-20.

Funny, 2 weeks later 2A St James, La (public school) beat John Curtis 16-14.

Longview since 2001 is 230-50 vs Texas. A Top 10 Dynasty ranking in Texas. Longview has been one of the premier programs in Texas for decades they just shit the bed when the playoffs come.

Is what it is.

Shit the bed?  It’s called quality football depth!  

How important is Texas to the SEC? They moved their Media Days to Dallas.  

In the SEC, 2024 marks the expansion to 16 teams, bringing in powerhouses Texas and Oklahoma from the Big 12. In celebration of their additions, 2024 SEC media days is being held in Dallas, Texas, and to kick off the event, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey gave an address and answered questions on the state of both the conference and the sport.

• Haha 1

Greg Sankey SEC Commissioner has deep ties to DFW and Texas. Excerpts of his opening remarks.  Dude lived here in McKinney

I lived here in Dallas because I spent 11 great years of my career
here. Our two daughters were born just north in McKinney,
Texas. I occupied offices along north Central Expressway
when I worked for the Southland Conference, and it's great
to be back here in Texas, representing the 16 universities
of the Southeastern Conference.

It's great for us to be here in Dallas, Texas, for the SEC's
2024 version of Football Media Days. We're thrilled to be
in a city where Dak is the quarterback, where the Dallas
Mavericks made a run to the NBA Finals with a number of
players from the SEC including Kentucky's PJ Washington,
Arkansas's Daniel Gafford and South Carolina's A.J.
Lawson, where our 2019 Women's Basketball Player of the
Year and Mississippi State alum Teaira McCowan is part of
the Dallas Wings, where over in Arlington, Florida's Wyatt
Langford is having an impact in his rookie season for the
Texas Rangers, and tomorrow night in Globe Life Field
Paul Skenes from LSU, now a Pittsburgh Pirate, will take
the mound as the starting pitcher for the National League
in the All-Star Game.

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

How important is Texas to the SEC? They moved their Media Days to Dallas.

The SEC has been gradually rotating SEC Media Days since 2018, you galactic idiot. Good grief!

From 1985-2017, the event was hosted either in Birmingham or Hoover but media days made its first trip out of central Alabama in 2018 when Atlanta hosted. It returned in 2022 before going to Nashville in 2023 and Dallas this week.

Someone should really shut this thread down. It's filled with nothing but nonsense, homerism and bullshit.

Where are the real Texans at?

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey, at the end of his opening remarks at the first-ever SEC Football Media Days in the state of Texas, slipped in that the 2025 event will be returning to the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta next July. Atlanta hosted the event in 2022 and 2018.

Texas and MobileHoma Media times.  Clearly a certain dumbass MISINTERPRETED things.  It's in Dallas this year because of the OU Texas joining this year.  Article clearly says held in Dallas this year.  

Tuesday, July 16

Oklahoma (1:50 p.m.) -- Brent Venables | QB Jackson Arnold, LB Danny Stutsman, DB Billy Bowman Jr.

Wednesday, July 17

Texas (3:20 p.m.) -- Steve Sarkisian | QB Quinn Ewers, OL Kelvin Banks Jr., DB Jahdae Barron

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They’ll be ready to roll this year and defend their crown.  Could see a potential Desoto and Westlake finals 

I think they are the best in the State.  Looking forward to that North Crowley game and that Duncanville game will be a big one.  Don't know enough about Creekside but that's interesting as well.  SOC bowed up this year and has an insane schedule.  Thoughts on them?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I think they are the best in the State.  Looking forward to that North Crowley game and that Duncanville game will be a big one.  Don't know enough about Creekside but that's interesting as well.  SOC bowed up this year and has an insane schedule.  Thoughts on them?

The DS/NC game should be the best instate predistrict game of the year. Curious to see if NC closes the gap. I like where they’ve made improvements in the OL/DL, several nice additions  

The word on the street is this will be SOCs deepest team and should hold their own in 5A. Not sure they’ll have enough juice to beat either NS or DV although I think it will be respectable 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The DS/NC game should be the best instate game of the year. Curious to see if NC closes the gap. I like where they’ve made improvements in the OL/DL, several nice additions  

The word on the street is this will be SOCs deepest team and should hold their own in 5A. Not sure they’ll have enough juice to beat either NS or DV although I think it will be respectable 

@NS, DVille @ home and @ Lobos.   That is the toughest 3 game schedule to open a season.  What no room for Desoto 😁. Ambitious for sure.  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

@NS, DVille @ home and @ Lobos.   That is the toughest 3 game schedule to open a season.  What no room for Desoto 😁. Ambitious for sure.  

Forgot about Longview. That won’t be an easy game especially in Longview 

definitely the toughest predistrict in texas 

• Like 1

Nick Saban at SEC media days gives a take on the Texas offense

Nick Saban Drops Candid Admission on Steve Sarkisian's Texas Offense at SEC Media Days

Former Alabama Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban is the headliner of "talking season" at SEC Media Days. He's provided valuable insight into several teams.

On Tuesday, Saban discussed his former assistant Steve Sarkisian and how difficult it is to defend against Sarkisian's Texas offense. He said the following on the SEC Network of facing his protege.

"I kind of always hated playing against Sark. I mean, in practice for several years as well as when we played him the last couple years."

Saban reasons that Sarkisian's offense places defensive backs in compromised positions. As a result, opposing secondaries can struggle in run defense as well as coverage.

The Alabama coach laughingly suggested the Georgia Bulldogs and head coach Kirby Smart could have similar problems against the Texas Longhorns' offensive attack.

"I hated playing against Texas, and Kirby's got some of the same issues that we had

Njck Saban's picks for SEC championship.  No 1st year program has ever won the SEC.  His picks as follows:

Nick Saban Predicts Conference Title Game Matchup at SEC Media Days

SEC Media Days are underway in Dallas. Former Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban is present at the event as a football analyst.

Saban delivered captivating analysis for the SEC Network while previewing the upcoming season. Among other things, Saban shared who he believes will play for the SEC championship in 2024.

The Alabama legend has the Georgia Bulldogs and Texas Longhorns finishing the season ahead of the Crimson Tide and playing for the SEC title.