What up Texas?

DevilDog

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Someone who I wouldn’t play let my son play for. Just make the water available. Players should drink when they need it. 

Yes water should NEVER be used as motivation, punishment, etc. That’s being a coward. Risking kids health doesn’t make you a tough coach. It just makes you an asshole person 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes water should NEVER be used as motivation, punishment, etc. That’s being a coward. Risking kids health doesn’t make you a tough coach. It just makes you an asshole person 

Agree! 

• Like 1

I think it' BS.  First no coach is going to publicly acknowledge and joke about violating the UIL rules.

Second, who the hell is this guy?  Here's his bio lol:

Attorney. #LawTwitter. Iconoclast. Spooky Lawyer. White Sox. Bears. Bulls. Chicago. Costco stan. Curator of spooky and weird things. #LiminalHours

Years ago I would have been fairly certain this was bs, especially considering some of the verbiage used. Nowadays, I really can't tell half the time if something is serious or a joke.

We always took water breaks when I played. No big deal.

I do know some really old dudes who're very old school. One of them had a thing against water for whatever reason. He ended up dehydrated and falling and hitting his head. He'll probably be in a nursing home the rest of his life now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You think Mathis would say this?!! Interesting 

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Lol

The man does has a history of saying thing that rub people the wrong way.

Could be some small-school coach though.

UIL probably got the hounds waiting to be released if this is real.

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

2020 Texas 4A DII Preseason Ranking or better known as the bEast Texas 4AII Top 10.  

1. Carthage

2. GIlmer

3. Bellville

4. Glenrose 

5. Wimberley

6.  Brock (Moved up from 3AD1)  They will be competitve.  Played both Wimberly and PG last year

6. Pleasant Grove

7.  Waco La Vega

8. Graham

9. Sinton 

How does Anna look this year? I know they won state last year in 4A D1. I ask only because Oakland,TN has agreed to play them at their place Aug 30. 

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

How does Anna look this year? I know they won state last year in 4A D1. I ask only because Oakland,TN has agreed to play them at their place Aug 30. 

Anna moved up to 5A, they’re not ranked preseason, have to replace their entire D, but offense should be solid return a dynamic QB and have some talent on the OL. 

On 6/27/2024 at 1:45 AM, Omaha Vol said:

As @Horsefly stated they lost all 11 on defense.  Moved up a class to 5A after winning their 1st State Championship.  You can read all about them here.  Also they are in one of the toughest districts in the State with Lovejoy, Melissa and Frisco Emerson.  Their QB is a baller and a track kid as weill.  Enjoy the piece on them here.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/05/09/after-its-first-state-title-anna-out-to-prove-staying-power-with-new-team-in-new-district?ref=article_preview_title

20 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Crap team

They are generally not good in the San Diego area but have had a few good teams now and then. Since TX 4A suck and Eastlake has over 2,780+ students and would be a Texas 6A.  With the old refrain i've heard for years their depth should wear out little old Brock.  😁  Carthage playing a big 6A and Stephenville playing a former La Big school Champ.  They should beat the hell out of those poor sorry 4a teams.  i put a little a for emphasis on how bad Tx 4a is.  Seriously Brock is moving up from 3ADI but those are some physical kids for the size of that school.  A few years ago they dragged 6A Desoto in an OL Tug of War contest.  Brock should travel out to Chula Vista and enjoyed Diego for a weekend.  Hope those Eastlake kids enjoy themselves.  

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

As @Horsefly stated they lost all 11 on defense.  Moved up a class to 5A after winning their 1st State Championship.  You can read all about them here.  Also they are in one of the toughest districts in the State with Lovejoy, Melissa and Frisco Emerson.  Their QB is a baller and a track kid as weill.  Enjoy the piece on them here.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/05/09/after-its-first-state-title-anna-out-to-prove-staying-power-with-new-team-in-new-district?ref=article_preview_title

Thanks for the article. Oakland usually has a stout defense (more so run). That Williams kid will a force to be reckoned with defensively. With Anna replacing their entire defense this game might turn into a shootout. 

• Like 2

Texas been in the Cousins Conference for just a few days yet the SEC Network is showing 24hrs of Texas Takeover 🤘Hook Em

https://texassports.com/news/2024/6/29/texas-athletics-sec-network-texas-takeover-to-air-june-30.aspx

SEC Network Texas Takeover to air June 30

The coverage will include the network’s live broadcast from Texas’ SEC Celebration event, game replays and documentaries from the past year.

• Like 2