What up Texas?

DevilDog

12 hours ago, Texasball said:

Rockwall in any other state would be good team.  Probably not winning state in select few - walking the dog in others

I agree Texasball I know damn well they could be state champs and most States.

They played Allen toe for toe that day.

And I know damn well Allen could be State Champs in most of the states.🏈👊

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Rockwall was a top team in your state.  

Actually this year that says more about Texas as a whole imo

Rockwall's been knocking on the door for 5 years.

They actually we're pretty strong this year especially with that receiver.

Rockwall has been in a slugfest with Highland Park part for the last maybe 5 years.

I think they beat them once but have not lost by more than three to seven points I don't think.

Highland Park was going for for peach state championship this year.

I'm not going to stand by and let some idiots from out-of-state pretend they know about the strengths of Texas teams.

As much as you follow Texas teams you should know if they beat Allen they're pretty good.

12 hours ago, Texasball said:

I have never been more convinced that healthy DV team is the best team in the country.

They are better than SJB and MD -  Why?  It's not just the offense...They have the best Defense in the Country!!!

I agree they would be the favorites. I would love to see North Shore and Duncanville play those MD/SJB. And they are way recruited up and better than normal Superstar California teams.

Here's a daisy chain for you

Aledo 21 Cedar park 17

Ennis(Beast Texas) 38 Cedar Park 35

Amat 42 Aledo 7

One doesn't fit

Bishop Amat was a true top for California team that year.

You love putting a lot of stock in the first game of the year.

They definitely came in and caught Aledo off guard.

Even though they were one of the best of California and Aledo was not in Texas I will still look good win Bishop Amat.

I guess that's the only thing you have to hang your hat on and will beat this dead horse into the next century.

12 hours ago, The Guru said:

And they only split the divisions recently.

Back in 2014, it was still just one class that split into two brackets.

Aledo went 15-0 in Texas and only had two close wins.

Amat smashed them into itty bitty pieces.

I guess you would rather think about that then what Don Bosco has done to a STA a few times.😃😃

Beat down. I know you probably had to seek therapy over that.

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Texas Top 5 Publics vs. Recruited up Privates and those that claim they don't.   When you dig deep you see it's hyperbole.   They beat average Texas teams and get worked with the the top teams.   I give B.G. Credit for beating down a legit top 5.  But that Top 5 got a beat down in State. 

I watched everyone of these games live except Notre Dame and Klein Oak. 

I will not list the ECA, La. losses 

ECA (MD), DLS, Bellevue, Shiloh Christian, IMG, Rockhurst, JC, Oaks Christian, Notre Dame, STA. SJC, ECA, La, BG, LaSalle, OH

Of all these Teams only these played top 5 teams at the years end and they got worked.  The rest beat average or subpar teams. 

JC lost to top 5 ET 28 - 12.  This was a physical game.  

Shiloh Christian Maxpreps #1 got 80+ hung on them By ET

Cedar Hill 38 La Salle, OH 14

Bellevue lost to Katy 

SJC got Smoked by Texas #1

ECA MD ( took a 3 week ass whipping) Desoto top 5 Team

National Rank Rockhurst lost to top 5 Abilene in Texas Stadium

Bishop Gorman played a top 5 team at the end of the year 

Duncanville smoked SJC when they were all the rave and was at the 3yd line when the end was coming. 

Now the Rest. 

Bellevue over ET in OT 31 - 24   (Desoto 42  ET 21) 🤣 Lost 3r rd of Playoffs 16 -7 to SLC.  I was there

IMG 47 - Desoto 29:    Wk#1 Martin 46 - Desoto 26.  Cedar Hill 26 Desoto -2 and they lost 2 more in State 

STA  31 vs. Skyline 03:    Desoto 38 Skyline 0 2nd rd of playoffs

Bishop Gorman 44 vs. Cedar Hill 14         Desoto 33 vs. Cedar Hill 18.  33 - 10 late 3rd qtrs. 

DLS loses to Texas #12 ET  26 -21.  5A Lancaster game just as hard.  Lost to athletic SGP in 1st rd of playoffs. 

Good post.

And the year Bishop Gorman came through to play Cedar Hill it would have took our best team to play them because I think Bishop Gorman deservingly was probably number one.

They had many 4 yr starters on that team. Defensively they were fantastic.

And I think the same thing about the Booker T Washington out of Florida.

Weren't they ranked #1 in the nation when they came to TX your also?

And that's why some of us have complaints.

These's recruited up prep schools wait until they're ranked #1 in the nation and they come to Texas and don't play the top team.

And it pretty much was the same way when Bellevue came down to play a young Katy.

They waited until they thought they really had something and then they try to choose a Texas power that's young that year.

Didnt  Katy  lose 3 or 4 times that same here but put a whooping on #4 Bellevue.

I think Katy even got beat 47-0  the week before by the Woodlands.

That's what I love about Texas they usually represent very well even though they been handpicked  for a miss match with teams that are playing by different rules and recruit on top of that

• Like 1

Rockhurst was blown out in Missouri

La Salle was 4-6

SJC was smoked twice and beaten multiple times

ECA Maryland was garbage

ECA what is not garbage fool.

But they didn't have the depth to play a badass team every week back to back 6 times.

Once they got banged up they started losing to every power.

23 hours ago, CalTX said:

Gotcha-  That SLC team uses several WR/TE guys, so although you're likely correct, he'd still have put up more than most.  The offer list speaks volumes for him.  I'd say there are several really good QB's out there in that class for sure.  Card is not the live arm of Ewers, but surely has a winner's mentality and good tools to boot.  

That SLC offense was very effective.

They run an offense similar to SJB this year.

23 hours ago, The Guru said:

They weren't competitive in 5 of the 6 losses.

They were completely and utterly embarrassed.

They're not good in any way, shape or form.

You think they're good because they're from Texas.

I think you been butt hurt ever since you came to Texas with your all-world recruited up girls soccer team only to get a reality check by several Texas public soccer teams.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

4A BlueBlood's.  This might be the best game @ State.  bEast Texas.  He don't fall for all the Big School hype.  Watch what he says about these 4A dudes.  Carthage will be bringing one of the biggest O-Lines to State and the biggest kid.  This game should be something else.  My 2nd most anticipated game.  I saw them 2 years ago at the Star and it was a battle.   Talking about Coaches. 

One of the games I’m looking forward too the most.  I also like his pick!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

8-4 in California = one of the best

15-0 in Texas = not one of the best

😄

🤡

Well Aledo is 5A and Texas 5A does suck according to you so they definitely can’t be one of the best. (Unless you were lying)

2/3 of their opponents were ranked in the thousands and once again, according to you anyone ranked that low “sucks.”

Another downside to 2014 Aledo is the mere fact they didn’t “running clock” any of the opponents ranked in the thousands they played that season. According to you, “If you don’t, and it becomes a pattern, then you’re not good either”.

Therefore Aledo cannot and will not ever be one of Texas’ best. 

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

4A BlueBlood's.  This might be the best game @ State.  bEast Texas.  He don't fall for all the Big School hype.  Watch what he says about these 4A dudes.  Carthage will be bringing one of the biggest O-Lines to State and the biggest kid.  This game should be something else.  My 2nd most anticipated game.  I saw them 2 years ago at the Star and it was a battle.   Talking about Coaches. 

The Carthage WR (Ingram) is right there with some of the other studs in the State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Well Aledo is 5A and Texas 5A does suck according to you so they definitely can’t be one of the best. (Unless you were lying)

2/3 of their opponents were ranked in the thousands and once again, according to you anyone ranked that low “sucks.”

Another downside to 2014 Aledo is the mere fact they didn’t “running clock” any of the opponents ranked in the thousands they played that season. According to you, “If you don’t, and it becomes a pattern, then you’re not good either”.

Therefore Aledo cannot and will not ever be one of Texas’ best. 

If Aledo were in Florida...  They would be a Top #5 team in that State..  

If Aledo was in California...  They would be a Top #10 team in that State.

• Like 1

We know...We know... Aledo sucks.

Week 1: Stephenville- 17   Prepa Tech Mexico- 16

Week 2: Stephenville-14     Aledo-56

Week 3: Stephenville- 46    Dillard,FL-32  (9-4 Florida 6A Playoff team)

Ya..ya..ya... we know Aledo sucks.  Ha-ha-ha

Oh ya.. That's Texas 3A Stephenville vs Florida 6A Dillard.

PS.  Same Stephenville team got beat by TX 3A Kilgore 44-6 later.🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You would be better off saying...  Tyler Lee sucks.

I mean... except the year the (4-6) Tyler Lee beat your Florida 2A State Champ Private School Hollywood-Chaminade 34-28.

Maxpreps has that 2005 Hollywood-Chaminade team as #7th in Florida.🤡

All those Hollywood-Chaminade D1 Players and two future NFL players and little ole Texas (4-6) team beat them.

HOW EMBARRASSING when the truth exposes MYTH!!!

MAXPREPS:

FLA #7 Hollywood-Chamindade- 28  ---  TX #117 Tyler Lee- 34    OOPPPS!!!!!😜