What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I would say 9-6 is pretty good considering the teams they played. It depends on what you think is pretty good. Would above average be a better way of putting it, or do you think that is still to generous?

They weren't competitive in 5 of the 6 losses.

They were completely and utterly embarrassed.

They're not good in any way, shape or form.

You think they're good because they're from Texas.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Get the hell out -  STA is most overrated team in the country.

Struggled to beat Deerfield Beach  7-7 late 3rd qrt

Deerfield beach was down 31-0 in the 2nd qrt vs SJC  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

I think they won several more games than they lost. I think teams with losing records better fit your post. And again, most years they would have been one and one and done in the playoffs with this team. Regardless of D1 or D2. I also said a few weeks ago that they were close to an exit. It happens.

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Rockhurst was blown out in Missouri

La Salle was 4-6

SJC was smoked twice and beaten multiple times

ECA Maryland was garbage

Just like the Texas 6A teams. Klein Oak and Tyler Lee were not good.   Bishop Gorman has the only legit win over a Texas top 5 power the last 10 years.   Rockhurst Loss to the eventual State Champ  59 - 39.  They lost to Abilene 33 - 14.  Abilene lost 52 - 0 to SLC 🤣 in the 3rd round.   Thanks for helping prove my point. 

Now let's compare the TX 6A Champs that have lost the last 15 years vs. CA big boy Champs that lost including State Runner ups.   And we can list all the National teams that each played.  This will not look good for you. 

Allen, Abilene, Katy, Skyline, Duncanville, Allen, Trinity, SLC, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Longview:  They  have all played OOS/National Teams so can't claim no State Champ quality teams played OOS.  If anyone of these teams lost OOS.  They did not win State and suffered the same damn faith in State.   That's depth and the reason OOS is overrated.  Yet they have slew over 15 State Champs and runner ups Including Cali 🤘 We all heard about how Great that DLS team was.  #1 in the USA and Mudstomped Cali for 29 Straight games.    We respect many and Fear None!   

A picture is worth a 1,000 words.   We all remember a 98 yard drive with 2 passes.   You keep claiming all the Texas Teams they would beat.  ET his bigger more physical not a bunch of 2 way kids.  They are not smoking Texas, But some 4A size 2 way kids Would. That's damn Ludicrous. And I have mad respect for the DLS Kids. 

image.jpeg.c3a3b4533e1278126cad8cfc43dad6cc.jpeg

Other than discussing our State Championships.  None of this furthermore is of interest to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Just like the Texas 6A teams. Klein Oak and Tyler Lee were not good.   Bishop Gorman has the only legit win over a Texas top 5 power the last 10 years.   Rockhurst Loss to the eventual State Champ  59 - 39.  They lost to Abilene 33 - 14.  Abilene lost 52 - 0 to SLC 🤣 in the 3rd round.   Thanks for helping prove my point. 

Now let's compare the TX 6A Champs that have lost the last 15 years vs. CA big boy Champs that lost including State Runner ups.   And we can list all the National teams that each played.  This will not look good for you. 

Allen, Abilene, Katy, Skyline, Duncanville, Allen, Trinity, SLC, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Longview:  They  have all played OOS/National Teams so can't claim no State Champ quality teams played OOS.  If anyone of these teams lost OOS.  They did not win State and suffered the same damn faith in State.   That's depth and the reason OOS is overrated.  Yet they have slew over 15 State Champs and runner ups Including Cali 

Rockhurst wasn't the best team in a small state and that proves your point?

None of those teams you mentioned besides Trinity, Cedar Hil and SLC in recent times have played a national power in said given year. They are 1-2 in those match ups

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Rockhurst wasn't the best team in a small state and that proves your point?

None of those teams you mentioned besides Trinity, Cedar Hil and SLC in recent times have played a national power in said given year. They are 1-2 in those match ups

The moment Utah East beat DLS - They became national news

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlenC7 said:

It's expected of good teams to beat shit teams, and sometimes they can even catch a break and make the semifinals. Carry on Los.

Good teams play with and sometimes beat other good teams.

The fact that you think that anybody who has more wins than losses is "good" proves how skewed your viewpoint is.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Good teams play with and sometimes beat other good teams.

The fact that you think that anybody who has more wins than losses is "good" proves how skewed your viewpoint is.

I would say there is awful, bad, not bad, good,, very good, really good, and elite. You have no idea what any ones viewpoint is but your's. Interpret it as you wish. 

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I do know what yours is because you told us. You think anybody with more wins than losses is good.

I know your viewpoint, You know it all. You are right, and you only, You are pathetic, trolling a thread, taking offense at what people think. And if you don't agree, you start your trash talking and stay with it. Get a life. A real life. I'm not going back and forth with your stupid ass anymore.

• Thanks 1

Personally, IMO DD is being nice saying CH was top 5 -  I was at both CH vs Desoto games that year and never thought CH had chance in any of those games.

Desoto went D2 that year in the playoffs or they may have not won state in D1

Desoto beat CH twice.

Playoffs 

Desoto beat Abilene 49-45 - San Angelo Central beat Abilene 63-26

Cedar Hill 55-41   - Desoto was up 33-13 in the 3rd QRT

Klein Collins 42-31 - Collins was up 31-21 going into the 4th qrt -  Desoto scored 21 unanswered to win 

Steel - 38-29   - the score with 4min to go in the game was 35-29 (state Championship.

Then you have the D1 bracket 

That included multiple teams that could have potentially beat Desoto much less CH

Lake Travis, Allen, The Woodlands, North Shore, Katy, Atascocita, Judson, and Westlake.

In total - IMO their was 10-12 teams that was easily at the level of CH or better.

Go look it up...I am not bull shitting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I know your viewpoint, You know it all. You are right, and you only, You are pathetic, trolling a thread, taking offense at what people think. And if you don't agree, you start your trash talking and stay with it. Get a life. A real life. I'm not going back and forth with your stupid ass anymore.

Observe what Texans do when they receive push back on their nonsense claims.

53 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Making factual points that cause you and others to whine.

Dude, you just throw shit to the wall to see what sticks.

You are happy to talk shit on Texas, but will not talk about whata fraud STA is this year.  

The last I checked there is 3 phases to the game and STA is pitiful at one of them - offense!