What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Aledo made alot of changes that year too and they had two d 1 kids hurt in that game too.  

At the end of the day Aledo plays in our 4th best football playoff league!

What happened when the big boy played?

The biggest being they played 5A Texas teams

4th biggest class my ass. Your 5A champs that year were interchangeable and usually are.  Aledo beat that years 5A runner up. Ennis would've gotten beaten by Aledo that year as well. 

A 5 point game with the losing team committing a lot more turnovers

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Aledo made alot of changes that year too and they had two d 1 kids hurt in that game too.  

At the end of the day Aledo plays in our 4th best football playoff league!

What happened when the big boy played?

The team that played Aledo couldn't beat Chino Hills or Santa Margarita, but they could blow out Aledo 

Just now, The Guru said:

Aledo is the premier 5A school in Texas and they got smashed by a team that lost to the 4th placed Trinity League team a week earlier.

Woof.

They come up with they were semifinalists, but never mention that they inserted a HB, QB, and LB after losing to Chino Hills. Things they know nothing about 

Texas Top 5 Publics vs. Recruited up Privates and those that claim they don't.   When you dig deep you see it's hyperbole.   They beat average Texas teams and get worked with the the top teams.   I give B.G. Credit for beating down a legit top 5.  But that Top 5 got a beat down in State. 

I watched everyone of these games live except Notre Dame and Klein Oak. 

I will not list the ECA, La. losses 

ECA (MD), DLS, Bellevue, Shiloh Christian, IMG, Rockhurst, JC, Oaks Christian, Notre Dame, STA. SJC, ECA, La, BG, LaSalle, OH

Of all these Teams only these played top 5 teams at the years end and they got worked.  The rest beat average or subpar teams. 

JC lost to top 5 ET 28 - 12.  This was a physical game.  

Shiloh Christian Maxpreps #1 got 80+ hung on them By ET

Cedar Hill 38 La Salle, OH 14

Bellevue lost to Katy 

SJC got Smoked by Texas #1

ECA MD ( took a 3 week ass whipping) Desoto top 5 Team

National Rank Rockhurst lost to top 5 Abilene in Texas Stadium

Bishop Gorman played a top 5 team at the end of the year 

Duncanville smoked SJC when they were all the rave and was at the 3yd line when the end was coming. 

Now the Rest. 

Bellevue over ET in OT 31 - 24   (Desoto 42  ET 21) 🤣 Lost 3r rd of Playoffs 16 -7 to SLC.  I was there

IMG 47 - Desoto 29:    Wk#1 Martin 46 - Desoto 26.  Cedar Hill 26 Desoto -2 and they lost 2 more in State 

STA  31 vs. Skyline 03:    Desoto 38 Skyline 0 2nd rd of playoffs

Bishop Gorman 44 vs. Cedar Hill 14         Desoto 33 vs. Cedar Hill 18.  33 - 10 late 3rd qtrs. 

DLS loses to Texas #12 ET  26 -21.  5A Lancaster game just as hard.  Lost to athletic SGP in 1st rd of playoffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

Texas Top 5 Publics vs. Recruited up Privates and those that claim they don't.   When you dig deep you see it's hyperbole.   They beat average Texas teams and get worked with the the top teams.   I give B.G. Credit for beating down a legit top 5.  But that Top 5 got a beat down in State.   

Beatdown my ass

Cedar hill lost to Desoto by two scores two times.   All of a sudden those are beatdowns?

Just now, steeler01 said:

Beatdown my ass

Cedar hill lost to Desoto by two scores two times.   All of a sudden those are beatdowns?

The playoff game was close the 1st game was an ass whipping.  Where were you with me at the stadium? I will await the picks of the game.   It was 26 -10 at half time.   Half time BG vs. CH 17 - 7.   

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Would you start in Athens?

You know more about Texas than I do tell me how Ennis is in bEast Texas?  I will wait.  ENNIS IS IN THE DFW METROPLEX.   I HOPE THAT HELPS.  DRIVE DOWN I-45. 

Ennis is located in the southeastern portion of the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex.  🤣

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I watched everyone of these games live except Notre Dame and Klein Oak. 

I will not list the ECA, La. losses 

ECA (MD), DLS, Bellevue, Shiloh Christian, IMG, Rockhurst, JC, Oaks Christian, Notre Dame, STA. SJC, ECA, La, BG, LaSalle, OH

Of all these Teams only these played top 5 teams at the years end and they got worked.  The rest beat average or subpar teams. 

JC lost to top 5 ET 28 - 12.  This was a physical game.  

Shiloh Christian Maxpreps #1 got 80+ hung on them By ET

Cedar Hill 38 La Salle, OH 14

Bellevue lost to Katy 

SJC got Smoked by Texas #1

ECA MD ( took a 3 week ass whipping) Desoto top 5 Team

National Rank Rockhurst lost to top 5 Abilene in Texas Stadium

Bishop Gorman played a top 5 team at the end of the year 

Now the Rest. 

Bellevue over ET in OT 31 - 24   (Desoto 42  ET 21) 🤣 Lost 3r rd of Playoffs 16 -7 to SLC.  I was there

IMG 47 - Desoto 29:    Wk#1 Martin 46 - Desoto 26.  Cedar Hill 26 Desoto -2 and they lost 2 more in State 

STA  31 vs. Skyline 03:    Desoto 38 Skyline 0 2nd rd of playoffs

Bishop Gorman 44 vs. Cedar Hill 14         Desoto 33 vs. Cedar Hill 18.  33 - 10 late 3rd qtrs. 

DLS loses to Texas #12 ET  26 -21.  5A Lancaster game just as hard.  Lost to athletic SGP in 1st rd of playoffs. 

Rockhurst was blown out in Missouri

La Salle was 4-6

SJC was smoked twice and beaten multiple times

ECA Maryland was garbage

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The playoff game was close the 1st game was an ass whipping.  Where were you with me at the stadium? I will await the picks of the game.   It was 26 -10 at half time.   Half time BG vs. CH 17 - 7.   

Cedar Hill in that Desoto game had miscues inside the RZ or a much closer game the first time.  Those games were streamed.  This isn't 1990

Cedar Hill scored vs Gorman thanks to a bs call by the refs in the 1st quarter. Everyone saw it

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Cedar Hill in that Desoto game had miscues inside the RZ or a much closer game the first time.  Those games were streamed.  This isn't 1990

Cedar Hill scored vs Gorman thanks to a bs call by the refs in the 1st quarter. Everyone saw it

Cedar Hill scored on a fake punt and a referee mistake

2 minutes ago, CalTX said:

Ewers (SLC) put up 400 yards "passing" vs Duncanville's D- that had not allowed 175 all season.

True, but DV had 3 kids in the secondary go out of the game hurt to include the backup safety who was playing for their all American safety who didn’t play at all.  SLC attacked the vulnerability 

they would not have been that successful IMO with those kids in the game 

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

James Taylor (9-6) made a Texas 6A State Semifinal.

image.jpeg.0f382c4f1cd8dfc69512fc37a734770c.jpeg

😄

Their first and might be their last. I'm glad they got a semi final game but we know they got a good draw in a weaker 6A D2 region 3 this year. I'm as surprised as most. But Taylor is known for it's tennis (at least in yrs past) not football. I know something like this would never happen in another state, right? Oh well have fun with it. It doesn't have much to do with the better 6A teams in Tx.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

True, but DV had 3 kids in the secondary go out of the game hurt to include the backup safety who was playing for their all American safety who didn’t play at all.  SLC attacked the vulnerability 

they would not have been that successful IMO with those kids in the game 

Gotcha-  That SLC team uses several WR/TE guys, so although you're likely correct, he'd still have put up more than most.  The offer list speaks volumes for him.  I'd say there are several really good QB's out there in that class for sure.  Card is not the live arm of Ewers, but surely has a winner's mentality and good tools to boot.  

Just now, The Guru said:

Of course it has but nobody in those other states tried to claim that the team was pretty good.

With Texas, everybody is good so lies have to be told.

I would say 9-6 is pretty good considering the teams they played. It depends on what you think is pretty good. Would above average be a better way of putting it, or do you think that is still to generous?