What up Texas?

DevilDog

A couple years ago they combined stats on which State produced the best College Football players including how many were all American etc.    Clearly this alone tells you about the level  of HS Football in Texas. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2713445-ranking-every-state-by-elite-college-football-talent-produced#slide0

1. Texas

Von Miller paid a lot of visits to opposing quarterbacks while at Texas A&M.
Von Miller paid a lot of visits to opposing quarterbacks while at Texas A&M.Dave Einsel/Associated Press

Score: 91 (40 5-Star Recruits; 20 AP All-Americans; Six 5-star All-Americans; One two-time AP All-American; Two Heisman Winners)

Most Noteworthy Player: Von Miller (Texas A&M LB, 2007-10)

It should come as no surprise that the state which served as the setting for Friday Night Lights has been responsible for a ton of college football's stars. Heisman winners Robert Griffin III and Johnny Manziel both played high school and college football in Texas. Two-time Heisman runner-up Andrew Luck also played high school ball in Texas.

However, rather than choosing from that list of great college QBs, we're giving the "Most Noteworthy Player" title to a five-time Pro Bowl LB who has made a living out of terrorizing quarterbacks. Before becoming the No. 2 pick in the 2011 NFL draft, Von Miller recorded 33.0 sacks for Texas A&M. He did the vast majority of that damage in his final two seasons, averaging better than one sack per game from 2009-10.

With Myles Garrett, Jackson Jeffcoat, Malcom Brown, A'Shawn Robinson, Malik Jefferson and Ed Oliver also available as options, one could make an impenetrable defensive front seven just from guys who went to high school in Texas. And in addition to the aforementioned QBs, offensive weapons like D'Onta Foreman, LaMichael James, Mike Evans, Josh Doctson and Dede Westbrook would make the Lone Star State an unstoppable scoring machine, as well.

All told, Texas has produced 29 All-Americans in the past seven years. That's almost as many as the 31 that Florida and California have combined for during that time. And it's why head coach of the Longhorns remains one of the most sought-after positions in college football despite seven consecutive seasons with fewer than 10 wins.

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep, and they’ll more than likely be back in 2020 too.  This team is loaded! 

Last year at this game in the Death Star was just incredible.  I have never seen that much speed in a HS football game ever.  Everyone knows speed equals high impact.  It was crazy and the final just made it memorable.  Because of the significance of the 1st time 2 Minority programs met for the Biggest Title in Texas.  I kept the tickets and had them sealed to pass on.  I believe as the years pass that game will become more significant.  And now to get a part II is even more exciting.  Of course I am pulling for the DUB and Coach Samples.   But after last Year either way if I get to see them again in Part II even without JJ it has to be great.  Where else but Texas does a kid play in a HS Playoff game as a Freshmen and Get a DI offer after.  Kansas offered that Fr. QB.  And did you notice it looked like he threw the Hook Em Down when he went into the End Zone.  UT has problems with  a certain group Texas kids.  I mean the DFW area ballers.  OU is killing in the DFW.    The Redskin even said she is pissed that J.J. is going there and the Lobo Defensive Tackle decommited from OSU and is leaning toward UT.  She says why would they go there and suck. When better kids don't get to play because of politics.  I read that somewhere else recently as well.  And Thompson might hit the Transfer pool.

Here he is in post game interview along with others including Coach Samples

Another Look in"  Damn they look like the Freaking Giants in those Unis

At the 8:44 mark it looks like he throws the Horns down on his left hand.  I have seen other views as well.  Not 100% sure but sure looks like it. 

My favorite quote from the video:

Someone asked could they beat SJB or MD?

"Of course they could. This is a homegrown team that the majority of their players played at Reid or Byrd middle school. If there's one thing we can take from this Duncanville team, is that they beat you in the trenches on both sides of the ball."

"Anyone that says Duncanville has no shot against those heavily recruited schools is a habitual liar."

• Like 1

EL2xbDeXsAIqG4A.jpg

Duncanville   North Shore
15-0 Record 14-1
1 State Championships 3
2 Championship Appearances 3
Reginald Samples Coach Jon Kay
54-12 Record with School 72-15
284-83-2 Overall Record 72-15
1 DCTF Rank 5
3 Max Preps Rank 6
698 Points Scored 754
46.53 Points/Game 50.27
8 Class State Rank 3
126 Points Allowed 272
8.40 Allowed/Game 18.13
2 Class State Rank 24
38.13 Point Differential/Game 32.13
3 Class State Rank 6

Duncanville and North Shore have played once before – in the 2018 6AD1 title game with North Shore emerging victorious 41-36 on a hail Mary as time expire.

This will be Duncanville’s 3rd championship appearance. Prior to last year’s loss to North Shore, Duncanville won the state title in 1998 (24-21 over Converse Judson).

This will be North Shore’s 4th championship appearance. Prior to last year’s win against Duncanville, North Shore won state titles in 2003 (23-7 over The Woodlands) and 2015 (21-14 over Westlake).

Projections
Calpreps – Duncanville by 4
Massey Ratings – Duncanville by 8

Champ-6AD2-300x184.jpg?resize=300%2C184&ssl=1

Denton Guyer   Westlake
14-1 Record 14-1
2 State Championships 1
3 Championship Appearances 8
John Walsh Coach Todd Dodge
131-55 Record with School 73-13
131-55 Overall Record 202-72
14 DCTF Rank 12
5 Max Preps Rank 17
691 Points Scored 731
46.07 Points/Game 48.73
10 Class State Rank 5
318 Points Allowed 144
21.20 Allowed/Game 9.60
52 Class State Rank 3
24.87 Point Differential/Game 39.13
18 Class State Rank 1

This will be the first meeting between the two schools.

Denton Guyer won state titles is 2012 (48-37 over Georgetown) and 2013 (31-14 over San Antonio Brandeis). Denton Guyer lost the  state title game 2010 (21-24 to Cibolo Steele).

Westlake won the state title in 1996 (55-15 over Abilene Cooper). Westlake lost the state title games in 1990 (7-19 against Wilmer-Hutchins), 1994 (24-35 against Tyler), 2000 (21-33 against Midland Lee), 2001 (24-38 against Lufkin), 2006 (29-48 against Southlake Carroll) , 2009 (38-41 against Euless Trinity), and 2015 (14-21 against North Shore).

Projections
Calpreps – Guyer by 7
Massey Ratings – Westlake by 1

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GlenC7 said:

I'm a homer, I'm hoping Shadow Creek can to it this year. 2nd year of varsity ball and only one loss, last year in the final. I think most people were saying Lone Star until yesterday. We know Ryan is for real now. WL, we don't know completely about yet, you can't get anything from the Taylor game. Taylor got a good draw in a weaker 6a D2 region 3 this year. First semifinal for them, most knew what the outcome would be yesterday. I would give the nod to Guyer, but wouldn't be surprised if WL wins. Of course I want FB Marshall over Aledo, this should be a good one. La Vega and Carthage, just going to have to watch and enjoy this one. The other game I have interest in is 2a D1. Come on Post. I don't know how many times I have driven through this town on my way to and from Lubbock. It would be great for them.

I'm not seeing Shadow Creek beating this Denton Ryan team.   That team is stupid good.

Wow... Denton Ryan and Denton Guyer in the Texas 6A and 5A State Title games.

Two High Schools in Denton, TX that are 6 miles apart from each other.

1. QB- Eli Showers  -    4 Star    -     TX A&M commit
  2. RB- Emani Bailey -   3 Star    -     LA-Laf commit
  3. RB- Kaedric Cobbs- 3 Star    -     FBS offers
  4. WR-Seth Meador   - 3 Star    -     Air Force commit
  5. WR-KJ Liggins      - 4 Star     -     (P5) offers.
  6. Ath-Billy Bowman - 4 Star     -     Texas commit
  7. OL- Knox Boyd      -                 -     FBS Offers
  8. OL- Gabe Blair      -                  -     (P5) offers

------------------------------------------------

1. DE- Ja'Tavion Sander - 4 Star   -  Texas Commit
  2. NG-Grant Mahon        -  3 Star   -  Okla St Commit
  3. DE-Vincent Paige       -                -  (P5) offers
  4. LB- Drew Sanders      -  5 Star    -  Alabama Commit
  5. LB- DJ Arkansas        -  3 Star    -   (P5) offers
  6. LB- Devin Goree         -  3 Star    -   FBS Offers
  7. CB-Austin Jordan      -                 -   (P5) offers
  8. CB- Deuce Harmon   -  3 Star     -   (P5) offers
  9.  S-  Ty Marsh             -                   -  (P5) offers
  10.  S-  Tra Smith             -                  -  FBS Offers
  11.  S- Trace Jewell        -  2 Star      -  Navy Commit

WOW... if only TEXAS played by those joke CIF transfer "Recruiting Policy" rules.   Ha-ha-ha

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Drew Sanders led Denton Ryan!!

Roll Raiders, Roll Drew, and Roll Tide 

Kids a damn beast...    Like the 2nd play of the game he tip a Lone Star pass into the Air from his DE spot..  The ball went about 10 feet in the air.. He tracked it down and INT and returned it like 40 yards for a TD.

It got called back.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Why is the D1 game not the night game? That’s the heavyweight fight 

I actually like it being the middle of the day.

The late games not as exciting out there because it's gets late and people leave, not as big of a crowd. That takes some of the excitement out of it.

So I'm glad they did that this year.