They don’t recruit they attract

Ararar

19 hours ago, Ararar said:

Game of the year in SoCal 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20181007-story.html

How did we get to this point?

To answer that question, you have to remember the comment of former Santa Fe Springs St. Paul coach Elijah Asante, who said in 2012, “I absolutely don’t recruit. I attract.

Yet, THERE they were, without a starting QB1 returning, when the phenom decided to jump his senior season at Mater Dei! And POOOOOOOF, here comes yet aNOTHER FIVE STAR replacement from another galaxy!xD

It’s not a coincidence that the kid and his parents decided to make the change, Young had offers. He said he wanted to be more competitive and felt MD offered that growth to better prepare him for the next level. How do you fault a kid for wanting that? If your kid was that good wouldn’t you want to do what you could to put him in a position to succeed at the next level?

22 hours ago, Blueliner said:

The QB will be another year older and experienced. This kid is good. And DLS will be ripe with skill position players.  BUT....they will lose 9 of 11 on defense. I see the DBs being fine, with their depth, but they lose all but 1 of that front 7. That said, the coaches are pretty excited about what’s returning and what’s moving up from JV. The freshman kid playing RB on JV will be a game changer for DLS @ 6-1 170  lbsISH and owning JV. I say he’s a legit D1 consideration at this point. Just what Sparty needs to compliment Hale, Garrett, and Norfleet in the backfield.  

I agree. DLS byb14-17 next year. 

Folsom will be good next year.  I really like the junior QB who played behind Bennett.  The line should be stronger, and D. Ngata and Jay Tailor return.  Tailor is a well-kept secret; I hope he doesn't bail.  Played quite a bit as a sophomore for IMG last year, returned home, but hasn't seen a ton of snaps this year.  Much as I love my Dogs, I'm not going to predict a win.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, Ararar said:

Game of the year in SoCal...so far!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20181007-story.html

How did we get to this point?

To answer that question, you have to remember the comment of former Santa Fe Springs St. Paul coach Elijah Asante, who said in 2012, “I absolutely don’t recruit. I attract.

FIFY

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

When Leinart was QB they should have called it the Gun and Gun.  He stopped wanting to run after he got pancaked at St. Paul

“Run” in “run and gun” is referring to the WR’s not QB...

that St Paul game was fun...don’t remember it being competitive, heck I even got to play a lot. only kid that had talent at St Paul’s got attached to MD and started at RB for Rollo the next year. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DogPile said:

Folsom will be good next year.  I really like the junior QB who played behind Bennett.  The line should be stronger, and D. Ngata and Jay Tailor return.  Tailor is a well-kept secret; I hope he doesn't bail.  Played quite a bit as a sophomore for IMG last year, returned home, but hasn't seen a ton of snaps this year.  Much as I love my Dogs, I'm not going to predict a win.

You’re right. I probably shouldn’t be predicting a DLS next year when THIS year isn’t even over yet. I’m sure Folsom will be good again next year.

If their line is going to be better, and they’ve got Badger and Ngata returning with this jr Qb, they NEED to play a legit schedule. In addition to DLS, they need to play Pitt, a Fresno team, and a REAL SS team that has players returning. Cen10 or a Trinity League team. It’s okay to lose! Challenge your program...and give into Prepgridiron pressure!!🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

You’re right. I probably shouldn’t be predicting a DLS next year when THIS year isn’t even over yet. I’m sure Folsom will be good again next year.

If their line is going to be better, and they’ve got Badger and Ngata returning with this jr Qb, they NEED to play a legit schedule. In addition to DLS, they need to play Pitt, a Fresno team, and a REAL SS team that has players returning. Cen10 or a Trinity League team. It’s okay to lose! Challenge your program...and give into Prepgridiron pressure!!🤣

I agree.I believe playing and even losing to DLS taught the Folsom kids way more than running clock some slappy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I agree.I believe playing and even losing to DLS taught the Folsom kids way more than running clock some slappy

Exactly. I said before the game if it gets dicey down the stretch, DLS will have been there done that and have the edge. Folsom imploded after that one bad call. Ngata was yelling at the refs, Richardson was going apeshit. Now they have some kind of barometer to know what it’s like to play a top notch team and to play through challenges. 69-0 over Rocklin does nothing for everyone.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Damnit man I only had the IMG game because they were broadcasting to FL.   SMH these west coast teams need to go nationaly. 

CIF SS loves taking all that local Fox money...don’t see it changing anytime soon unless ESPNU shows up with a brinks truck

On 10/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Bestcoast said:

Every other team in the Sac area sucks anyways.

Anything coming from you doesn't provide much support. Always just a lot of blathering hot air.

I think you'll find most metro cities don't have more than 1, maybe two Nationally elite programs. Doesn't mean they're bad.

23 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's highly irregular for publics to accept xfers due to geographic and residential restrictions. Privates can readily accept students from all over, which makes their xfer process easier and more readily acceptable. It's like this all over America. Publics that accept xfers will always be more closely scrutinized for these reasons. It's just not the norm. 

It's certainly like this in Jersey and California. I'd stop short of saying this happens with regularity in other states across the country. Certainly doesn't happen in Ohio (except in basketball among the public schools). I can probably count on one hand the number of transfers to Ignatius or Eds over the past twenty years. Same with the GCL. Yes, these schools have the benefit of drawing from large areas, but transfers into these schools after freshman year is a rarity. There is far more attrition the other way, with kids going back to their local public after they decide they can't hack it or don't like the atmosphere. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

For MV and Folsom to be legitimized, they need to add the Huskies to their schedule. Sponge Bob played every low D1, higher D2 teams in SoCal, but never the evil empire! Centennial always has openings in their schedule...

I would bet on MV taking the plunge with the new coaching regime.

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

That's not how it works. MV will still be a league #1.

I would think you are correct. If forfeits counted against a teams playoff seeding, then if MD beats SJB, that would put Cen10 in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in D1... Obviously not going to happen, but would be awesome!... MV will be the #4 seed which is what they have earned on the field, assuming they finish out and win their league.

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I would think you are correct. If forfeits counted against a teams playoff seeding, then if MD beats SJB, that would put Cen10 in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in D1... Obviously not going to happen, but would be awesome!... MV will be the #4 seed which is what they have earned on the field, assuming they finish out and win their league.

Outside of San Clemente who is left that poses a threat to MV...