Pretty much everyone here knows who Katy is...

TigerHat

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

True. I think this is the point the OP is angling at. 

North Shore should be top 5. At least that's how I'm reading the thread. 

This is why I'm asking for circumstances that led up to starters being pulled. 

Was Katy missing players? Are they just extremely young but talented and still have great upside? Etc. 

You know, since Texas keeps their games behind the curtain where we can't watch and make these connections on our own.

There are quite a few Texas games on NFHS.  The complete state championships are televised too. 

• Like 1

North Shore pulls its players cause the games are over at halftime. They have the best running back in the state and one of the best in the country overall. 

No sense in risking injuries.

One thing that bothers me about them is how are they gonna react if they're in a close game. A rematch with a much improved Katy could be that game. Still think NS wins though.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Katy (TX) has been a very strong team for more than 20 years - they have played in 13 Texas state championship games in that period - winning 7 of them, and 3 of their undefeated teams have been called a mythical National Championship team by some rating system. This year's team is once again a very strong team - the CalPreps computer says #43 out of the 14,000+ high school teams in the country. The truth is that computer has had them consistently under rated for years; for example it projected Katy would win its most recent game 46 - 10, but they actually won the game 66-13, and that was with Katy kicking a field goal on a first and goal to keep from running up the score.

So here is the question: I don't want to know if you think your team is good enough to beat Katy, I want to know if you think your team is so good that they would have to pull the starters late in the 3rd quarter to keep from running the score up on Katy - with the confidence that your backups could play the Katy starters close enough to not surrender the lead?

I always give Katy the benefit of the doubt.  The clips I've watched of them (pick a year) show a powerful run game and stellar D.

Cant really say for sure how they stack up against the other elite teams because we have so few data points.  Go play Coolhwip next year

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...for full disclosure....the Dawgs didn't come on till 7:30pm...and a friend of mine showed up with a bottle of Casa de Dragones...and he just happens to be a Texas alum...and he was willing to share his bottle if I shared my Big Screen...and his wife and Ms. Violet left us unattended shortly after lunch...and well....I became a Texas fan pretty quick....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Perfectly understandable. 😉

19 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Katy (TX) has been a very strong team for more than 20 years - they have played in 13 Texas state championship games in that period - winning 7 of them, and 3 of their undefeated teams have been called a mythical National Championship team by some rating system. This year's team is once again a very strong team - the CalPreps computer says #43 out of the 14,000+ high school teams in the country. The truth is that computer has had them consistently under rated for years; for example it projected Katy would win its most recent game 46 - 10, but they actually won the game 66-13, and that was with Katy kicking a field goal on a first and goal to keep from running up the score.

So here is the question: I don't want to know if you think your team is good enough to beat Katy, I want to know if you think your team is so good that they would have to pull the starters late in the 3rd quarter to keep from running the score up on Katy - with the confidence that your backups could play the Katy starters close enough to not surrender the lead?

FIRST of ALL, I don't THINK  my boys could do ANYTHING! I KNOW that they'd be Katy's DADDY! Ain't NO one trick pony gonna beat us, unless they are capable of being balanced! And for those who think that the phenom who went to Okiehomer from Katy, via LOOOUISIANER, thinks they could beat us his senior season! Ask George Rogers and Hershel what's his name if a heavy run game is the ticket! I saw BOTH get SHUT OUT in high school, in their senior seasons, because they couldn't throw the ball effectively!

And another thing, IF Tejas is SOOOOO great and DEEEEP! WHY is Katy ALWAYS in the mix for the title? NOBODY dominates in our state like that, because it's LEGITIMATELY DEEP!! 

LASTLY, being a suburb of Houston, I feel fairly confident that los tigres recruits the shit outa the UNIVERSE, from an area with eight schools just in their ISD alone! Does ANYNODY in their right mind, think that Katy is the ONLY school in the Katy ISD that has talent? But none of the OTHER schools ever do SQUAT! It's obvious that Katy is getting the lion's share of the talent booty! But HEY, if you girls wanna take a field trip! We'll leave the light on for ya!😉

Other schools in Katy ISD has as much talent, they don’t have the tradition, and program Katy has.  That’s a huge misconception about Katy ISD.  I forget which one, but one of Katy’s sister schools has 2 sophomore offensive lineman that will be high 4 Star or 5 stars.  Either would be the best linemen Katy has ever had.  Gary Joseph, like Rush, and a few others, is one of the best coaches in the country.  And like Colquitt, and many South Georgia schools, Katy builds from the 7th grade up.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I always give Katy the benefit of the doubt.  The clips I've watched of them (pick a year) show a powerful run game and stellar D.

Cant really say for sure how they stack up against the other elite teams because we have so few data points.  Go play Coolhwip next year

Tejas don't DO road trips, because as we ALL have been told! Why travel, when the greatest high school matchups in the UNIVERISE, are in the Lone Wolf State!xD

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I would like to see Katy host a national powerhouse, rather than give that same money to some Mexican team to beat by 70

WHY is it ALWAYS, we wanna see somebody TRAVEL 2000 miles to the desert wastelands of Tejas, to play a buncha cowpokes? Let um TRAVEL outa state for ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Other schools in Katy ISD has as much talent, they don’t have the tradition, and program Katy has.  That’s a huge misconception about Katy ISD.  I forget which one, but one of Katy’s sister schools has 2 sophomore offensive lineman that will be high 4 Star or 5 stars.  Either would be the best linemen Katy has ever had.  Gary Joseph, like Rush, and a few others, is one of the best coaches in the country.  And like Colquitt, and many South Georgia schools, Katy builds from the 7th grade up.

Seventh grade? Cousin Rush knows who his varsity QB1 will be, in the SIXTH grade!

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

STOP da PRESSES! SOOOOOO, you're intimating the Coolwhip is da BOMB?😉

24 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Seventh grade? Cousin Rush knows who his varsity QB1 will be, in the SIXTH grade!

Wouldn’t surprise me.  That’s the benefit of public, community based schools that Texas and Georgia has.  The private schools that people think are so great have no feeder programs and development.  But they will damn sure go out and poach one from a neighbor school and claim to be great.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Colquitt would running clock Katy midway thru the 2nd quarter.

Our JV would win the 2nd half 3-0.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You forgot your sarcasm detectors today.

I've noticed you've been on edge ever since Booford lost their meaningful games. Keep preparing for that next blowout in the playoffs, they are right around the corner.

Hahahaha.... knew that was coming. 

Yup sarcasm detector 101 is undergoing firmware updates. 

I dunno about the blowout theory , we’ll see. 

Just staf off Rush’s nuts and out of the players laundry will ya, it’s just weird. 

Regards,

BGW

On 10/7/2018 at 8:03 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

True. I think this is the point the OP is angling at. 

North Shore should be top 5. At least that's how I'm reading the thread. 

This is why I'm asking for circumstances that led up to starters being pulled. 

Was Katy missing players? Are they just extremely young but talented and still have great upside? Etc. 

You know, since Texas keeps their games behind the curtain where we can't watch and make these connections on our own.

texanlive.com has the Katy vs North Shore game on video. The starters were pulled because the game was not in doubt. The talent difference between the two teams is obvious if you watch the game. North Shore reminds me of that Booker T. Washington team of a few years ago who just overwhelmed everyone. North Shore is huge, fast, talented, hard working, well coached, and disciplined. That is a very difficult combo to beat.

• Thanks 1