Well we are getting into that time..

Colquitt County

1 hour ago, Colquitt County said:

Sir, put the tequila down and try to speak in real English

Well my toothless redneck, I am half Mexican and half Sicilian, so I guess I should put my teguila/limoncello mixed drink down.  Unfortunately, the anglish y'all speak around the trailer park, is going to be completely different than mine.  But, with your help and stellar linguistic skills, you will be able to teach me them that there words y'alll speak.   

• Like 1

Colquitt is a great team, with a really good coach. you can always count on them to be in the mix in GA...

you can't always count on them to know how to count though...

Image result for too soon

I kid, i kid...good luck, try to keep Rab from dropping more then 3 racial slurs per day. thanks!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Well my toothless redneck, I am half Mexican and half Sicilian, so I guess I should put my teguila/limoncello mixed drink down.  Unfortunately, the anglish y'all speak around the trailer park, is going to be completely different than mine.  But, with your help and stellar linguistic skills, you will be able to teach me them that there words y'alll speak.   

Got it, I'll be glad to help..

1st lesson

anglish = English

But I have to admit your English is better than my Mexican, but we ain't in Mexico amigo.

1 minute ago, Colquitt County said:

Got it, I'll be glad to help..

1st lesson

anglish = English

But I have to admit your English is better than my Mexican, but we ain't in Mexico amigo.

this has to be a gimmick...this has to be Block pretending to be from GA...if not CC is a walking breathing stereotype

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, AztecPadre said:

Good Lord. I curse the day south ga finally got the internet and found this site. This is a national site!!! Your regional site is better suited for colcuts. When or should I say if, colcuts ever plays elite national teams then maybe yall can strut your stuff around the chicken hen.

You mind if we just hang out and pretend to be important?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

True...but unfortunately...AP is wrong on this one......

Rufus>>

Rufus, you've been around since the old Peach State Football days, and since that time Rabid, and a few others, have beat their chest about how the "recruited up" private schools would not be able to consistently beat Georgia's better public schools. STA, AH-P, BC,SPP, GC, and SJC are a small sample size, but by my counting Georgia is zero for six in these type of matchups. Grayson with Conn, or probably Herron, would have been a load for BC. But it's what it i, and they were just another team BC beat the snot out of..BC was better in the most important aspects of the game. Coaching, and playing team ball. I believe Colquitt could beat any public school not named Allen or Corona-Centennial. And aside from the two monsters in the Southland, compete well with any private school. But as far as Georgia is concerned, this year anyway, Moultrie is an outlier. Would you agree the quality of coaching has taken a downturn in a slew of South Georgia? Just looking over Region 1 current and former members, a lot of legendary coaches have retired over the past decade, and their replacements haven't up to standard.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Rufus, you've been around since the old Peach State Football days, and since that time Rabid, and a few others, have beat their chest about how the "recruited up" private schools would not be able to consistently beat Georgia's better public schools. STA, AH-P, BC,SPP, GC, and SJC are a small sample size, but by my counting Georgia is zero for six in these type of matchups. Grayson with Conn, or probably Herron, would have been a load for BC. But it's what it i, and they were just another team BC beat the snot out of..BC was better in the most important aspects of the game. Coaching, and playing team ball. I believe Colquitt could beat any public school not named Allen or Corona-Centennial. And aside from the two monsters in the Southland, compete well with any private school. But as far as Georgia is concerned, this year anyway, Moultrie is an outlier. Would you agree the quality of coaching has taken a downturn in a slew of South Georgia? Just looking over Region 1 current and former members, a lot of legendary coaches have retired over the past decade, and their replacements haven't up to standard.

Well...I've never gotten my boxers in a wad over how the smaller privates could compete with the larger power publics...but I will say this...If the privates hafta play in a region with ...let's say Region 1...or Region 8...in Georgia... year after year...I personally don't believe they'd fare all that well.  Now in any given year...a private that recruits and has a good coaching staff....can definitely beat pretty much any power public.  When it comes down to it...they should have the advantage...OTHER than the travel.  But having to play in a Region year after year....I just don't see it.

Colquitt has a pretty good team this year...but we've by NO means played our best football.  We've lost (2) very good players to injury.  If we had those guys...I'll be honest...I think we would deserve to be a Top 10 team nationally.  Alas, we don't so we hafta win the next three Region games to put ourselves in the best position for our Title run.  I'm not saying we can't win it as a lower seed...cause we durn well can.  But...I like playing in Mack Tharpe.  OK...OK...I love playing in Mack Tharpe.  maybe the stars will align and Rush can find a way to keep us at home.

I reckon we'll find out soon enough.

Rufus>>

25 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...I've never gotten my boxers in a wad over how the smaller privates could compete with the larger power publics...but I will say this...If the privates hafta play in a region with ...let's say Region 1...or Region 8...in Georgia... year after year...I personally don't believe they'd fare all that well.  Now in any given year...a private that recruits and has a good coaching staff....can definitely beat pretty much any power public.  When it comes down to it...they should have the advantage...OTHER than the travel.  But having to play in a Region year after year....I just don't see it.

Colquitt has a pretty good team this year...but we've by NO means played our best football.  We've lost (2) very good players to injury.  If we had those guys...I'll be honest...I think we would deserve to be a Top 10 team nationally.  Alas, we don't so we hafta win the next three Region games to put ourselves in the best position for our Title run.  I'm not saying we can't win it as a lower seed...cause we durn well can.  But...I like playing in Mack Tharpe.  OK...OK...I love playing in Mack Tharpe.  maybe the stars will align and Rush can find a way to keep us at home.

I reckon we'll find out soon enough.

Rufus>>

I know you haven't. You have always brought....some levity to the proceedings over there. 

Colquitt does play great team ball, and would beat and flat out tough a lot of more gifted, though less committed to the process type of teams. I for one would like to see them play an annual game a couple of time zones away, or above the Mason-Dixon Line. No, you don't take all 100+ kids. You take your juniors and seniors, and/or your best 75 players and tout such games as the reward for making varsity.Or for sticking it out, as a live tackling dummie for three years. That way, even a kid who sees little or no playing time, will in the course of his playing, have a couple of trips of a lifetime.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

I know you haven't. You have always brought....some levity to the proceedings over there. 

Colquitt does play great team ball, and would beat and flat out tough a lot of more gifted, though less committed to the process type of teams. I for one would like to see them play an annual game a couple of time zones away, or above the Mason-Dixon Line. No, you don't take all 100+ kids. You take your juniors and seniors, and/or your best 75 players and tout such games as the reward for making varsity.Or for sticking it out, as a live tackling dummie for three years. That way, even a kid who sees little or no playing time, will in the course of his playing, have a couple of trips of a lifetime.

Just a couple of points...

1.  I have been a proponent of declining the Corky Kell...and scheduling a strong National team in Mack Tharpe in its stead.  For what we currently spend on the Corky...we could swing that financially...IF...we play at home.

2.  Colquitt currently has 103 kids playing Varsity football.  We probably average playing 75 kids each week.  More if its a blowout.  I'm sorry...but if you make it thru the Colquitt practices...the Colquitt weightroom...the Colquitt regimen in general....you dress and you travel as a team.  

3.  Colquitt's No.1 goal is to win Georgia AAAAAAA State Championships.  We can accomplish that on the field of play.   We can't get outvoted.  If we can make it to the Benz for the SC...and win....there's you a trip of a lifetime.

Just my opine....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Half Mexican-Half Sicilian

all Californian...

• Like 1

Everyone always loves to say cut the roster to travel. 

It is difficult enough to keep the kids that don't see the field week in and out practicing as it is. 

We can't just transfer in some new guy to fill the void left when a 9th grader or 10th grader that will be a backup next year quits because he worked his ass off all through since the 6th grade and he gets no chance at the field, then you say, "Sorry kid, you aren't enough a part of the team this year to go to DC with the team." 

We need that kid next year. If we push him out this year we are toast in two years time. Real talk. 

Hopefully this is good info for you guys that can't understand and aren't around it enough to know.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, AztecPadre said:

Good Lord. I curse the day south ga finally got the internet and found this site. This is a national site!!! Your regional site is better suited for colcuts. When or should I say if, colcuts ever plays elite national teams then maybe yall can strut your stuff around the chicken hen.

Getting all worked up huh?  Remember that time on that California thread where you said.....?  I don't either because I don't read the California threads unless there is something that might interest me.  This thread was clearly started by a Colquitt fan (probably one Rab recruited but it really doesn't matter.)  That should have been your first clue.  Once you couldn't resist the urge to open it, in less time it took you to type your reply you knew it was something you probably weren't interested in.  If you don't want to read GA threads it is real simple.  Don't click the title.  I'm pretty sure there is no one there holding a gun to your head making you read GA threads.  In some respects, and this is possibly the worst thing I've ever said to or about you (sorry), you are like Folsom injecting himself into every GA thread.

If every piece of content not related to a national game were to go away, this site would be a ghost town.  Unless and until @PrepGridiron tells everyone to quit posting about their local team it looks as though you are going to have to suck it up buttercup.  Capise?

• Haha 1