Bishop Dunne vs St. Pius

G0LD$tandard

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Blessed Trinity's profile is increasing each season in GA. As is BL, BD, PC, SP and TC in TX. The best is yet to come. 

I know that’s your hope, but any blue blood Texas high school football fan, or coach thinks otherwise.  It’s much farther away than you believe.  Those teams will NEVER be in the UIL, further de-legitimizing them, and their claim of being the best.  

This AAU basketball style football shit is trash, and ruining the very fabric of the game.  Places where high school football is still king, and where football is still the focal point of the community during the fall, these JUCO style programs, where players come in for 1 or 2 years, then leave, will never take a foothold in Texas, or a Georgia.

Not to say they won’t be around or field a team, but they won’t be top programs in either of those states.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What you call trash is now the norm for the majority of the top 10 hsfb states. Has been for quite some time now. It's the evolution of hsfb  It'll only gain popularity going fwd. 

The problem with this assessment is it is not popular in those states. Enrollment numbers are declining and fan support is also. 

You can't define popularity by number of shit talkers on a message board. 

This is what you private school guys fail to understand about Texas and Georgia for sure. Football here is defined by butts in the seats. Butts in the seats equals more kids playing. More kids playing equals more quality teams. 

The model you promote is destroying football in general. 

Less fans with a connection to a school equals less butts in the seats. Less butts in the seats equals less kids playing. Less kids playing means less quality depth. Less depth equals death of football. 

Thanks for listening. Maybe you can learn something also. 

Go watch some Lax or soccer. Those sports are more suited for the model you like.

• Like 2

What you call trash is now the norm for the majority of the top 10 hsfb states. Has been for quite some time now. It's the evolution of hsfb  It'll only gain popularity going fwd. 

I smell bullshit!  Because California, Nevada, and to an extent Florida is top heavy, and dominated by JUCO high schools that recruit talent, for the sole purpose of a mythical national championship hardly makes it the norm.

You are being blinded, and selfish (can’t blame you), for business reasons.  And it’s clouding your judgement and common sense (assuming you have any).

Until Texas and Georgia become over ran with the IMG’s and Mater Dei’s of high school football is it not the norm.  Those states will be public school dominant.  The JUCO schools will never have what they have.

If you believe that the private schools in Texas will be like the private programs you are referencing then you are out of touch with reality.

They will get a few good players and are as likely to lose good players to the better UIL 6A and 5A programs as they are to gain them. 

Publics in Top 25 polls

Total # of Publics Throughout 7 Top 25 Polls - 89 of 175

Total # of Privates Throughout 7 Top 25 Polls - 86 of 175

CalPreps: (12 Public/13 Private)

7. Corona Centennial CA

8. Allen TX

9. Colquitt Co. GA

11. North Shore TX

16. Miami Central FL

17. Carol City FL

19. Folsom CA

20. Mission Viejo CA

21. Longview TX

23. Broken Arrow OK

24. Parkview GA

25. Mentor OH

USAToday: (11 Public/14 Private)

4. Allen TX

6. Miami Central FL

8. Lake Travis TX

10. Corona Centennial CA

12. Warren Central IN

18. Rome GA

19. Colquitt Co. GA

20. Dutch Fork SC

22. Duncanville TX

23. Chandler AZ

25. Mentor OH

PrepForce: (11 Public/14 Private)

4. Miami Central FL

5. Carol City FL

8. Allen TX

12. Corona Centennial CA

14. Lake Travis TX

16. Colquitt Co. GA

17. Mission Viejo CA

18. North Shore TX

22. Warren Central IN

24. Mentor OH

25. Broken Arrow OK

PrepNation: (14 Public/11 Private)

3. Allen TX

6. Miami Central FL

7. Corona Centennial CA

8. Colquitt Co. GA

9. Carol City FL

12. Warren Central IN

13. Mentor OH

16. Lake Travis TX

17. Dutch Fork SC

19. Lee Co. GA

20. Centennial AZ

23. North Shore TX

24. Broken Arrow OK

25. Central (Phenix City) AL

HSFBA: (15 Public/10 Private)

2. Allen TX

5. Miami Central FL

9. Colquitt Co. GA

11. Lake Travis TX

12. Corona Centennial CA

13. Warren Central IN

14. Mentor OH

15. Mission Viejo CA

16. North Shore TX

17. Dutch Fork SC

19. Mallard Creek NC

20. Carol City FL

21. Euless Trinity TX

22. Central (Phenix City) AL

24. Rome GA

MaxPreps: (13 Public/12 Private)

3. Allen TX

5. Miami Central FL

8. Lake Travis TX

9. Corona Centennial CA

10. Colquitt Co. GA

13. Carol City FL

15. Warren Central IN

16. North Shore TX

17. Rome GA

18. Duncanville TX

20. Mission Viejo CA

21. Chandler AZ

25. Folsom CA

Massey: (13 Public/12 Private)

5. Corona Centennial CA

7. Colquitt Co. GA

9. Allen TX

11. Lincoln-Way East IL

12. Carol City FL

13. Miami Central FL

15. Mission Viejo CA

16. North Shore TX

17. Burke NE

18. Broken Arrow OK

20. Duncanville TX

22. Bellevue West NE

24. Colerain OH

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Buford lost at home to DFB. The Wolves are not considered high profile at this point in time. And I doubt this year's roster is its best ever. 

They have FIVE MAJOR DI OL, TWO Major DI RB's, and a Major DI Junior QB1! And a MUCH better coach than they had previously!

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wrong. The power publics are ruling FL this season. And NV only has ONE elite private in BG, who's in rebuilding mode right now. I already agreed with you re GA and TX. They'll remain somewhat pure regardless of the transferring that goes on with their publics. What is true is that a public from those states will probably never win a MNC again due to a lower overall SOS caused by lack of quality OOS games. 

Texas will have a very special team come along and will win a national championship or we will eventually get another DLS / Trinity game at some point and destroy the myth again.

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BUUUUULLSHIT! You boys only resort to those methods, because you KNOW you ain't SQUAT without transfers! 99% of your coaches couldn't get a job as a dogcatcher in SOWEGA! The Colquitt Co. Packers/Lowndes Vikings/Camden Co. Wildcats, and to a lesser degree, the Tift County Bluedevils, have developed a PROGRAM in their city or county! Colquitt coaches know who their QB1/OL/DL/RB's/DB's/LBers will be in 2022!

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wrong. The power publics are ruling FL this season. And NV only has ONE elite private in BG, who's in rebuilding mode right now. I already agreed with you re GA and TX. They'll remain somewhat pure regardless of the transferring that goes on with their publics. What is true is that a public from those states will probably never win a MNC again due to a lower overall SOS caused by lack of quality OOS games. 

With all due respect, as a 3rd generation Texas high school football coach, I feel as I can speak for a vast majority of that fraternity, A MNC means very very little to nothing!  

And a fan of Texas high school football, I feel the same way.  Texas doesn’t need a mythical title to validate that it’s the best brand out there.  

A state title goes much further, and has a much greater significance than a mythical title.  I’m sure GA fans feel the same way.

If private schools and academies, want to pimp themselves and be ran like a JUCO to be able to compete with Texas, and win make believe titles, that’s all the proof I need to see.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was gonna ask how many kids on those two teams started the 8th grade on those teams, but, we've had this debate so many times that it is painful to keep wading through it. 

It's never bad for a kid to get free college. Never. 

If your school is poaching talent from public schools and then claiming they're getting them into college, the chest beating about it is just sad. I mean that in the nicest possible way. It makes me sad to see guys hyping these teams as if they've done something. I feel sad for the guy doing the hyping that he thinks they're really doing something by assembling a roster of kids that were going to go to college either way, then claiming that the school that poached them got them into college. 

This is the truth and it is exactly what they do.

i honestly mean this.  I don’t know how anyone can take pride in winning this way!

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Publics in Top 25 polls

Total # of Publics Throughout 7 Top 25 Polls - 89 of 175

Total # of Privates Throughout 7 Top 25 Polls - 86 of 175

CalPreps: (12 Public/13 Private)

7. Corona Centennial CA

8. Allen TX

9. Colquitt Co. GA

11. North Shore TX

16. Miami Central FL

17. Carol City FL

19. Folsom CA

20. Mission Viejo CA

21. Longview TX

23. Broken Arrow OK

24. Parkview GA

25. Mentor OH

USAToday: (11 Public/14 Private)

4. Allen TX

6. Miami Central FL

8. Lake Travis TX

10. Corona Centennial CA

12. Warren Central IN

18. Rome GA

19. Colquitt Co. GA

20. Dutch Fork SC

22. Duncanville TX

23. Chandler AZ

25. Mentor OH

PrepForce: (11 Public/14 Private)

4. Miami Central FL

5. Carol City FL

8. Allen TX

12. Corona Centennial CA

14. Lake Travis TX

16. Colquitt Co. GA

17. Mission Viejo CA

18. North Shore TX

22. Warren Central IN

24. Mentor OH

25. Broken Arrow OK

PrepNation: (14 Public/11 Private)

3. Allen TX

6. Miami Central FL

7. Corona Centennial CA

8. Colquitt Co. GA

9. Carol City FL

12. Warren Central IN

13. Mentor OH

16. Lake Travis TX

17. Dutch Fork SC

19. Lee Co. GA

20. Centennial AZ

23. North Shore TX

24. Broken Arrow OK

25. Central (Phenix City) AL

HSFBA: (15 Public/10 Private)

2. Allen TX

5. Miami Central FL

9. Colquitt Co. GA

11. Lake Travis TX

12. Corona Centennial CA

13. Warren Central IN

14. Mentor OH

15. Mission Viejo CA

16. North Shore TX

17. Dutch Fork SC

19. Mallard Creek NC

20. Carol City FL

21. Euless Trinity TX

22. Central (Phenix City) AL

24. Rome GA

MaxPreps: (13 Public/12 Private)

3. Allen TX

5. Miami Central FL

8. Lake Travis TX

9. Corona Centennial CA

10. Colquitt Co. GA

13. Carol City FL

15. Warren Central IN

16. North Shore TX

17. Rome GA

18. Duncanville TX

20. Mission Viejo CA

21. Chandler AZ

25. Folsom CA

Massey: (13 Public/12 Private)

5. Corona Centennial CA

7. Colquitt Co. GA

9. Allen TX

11. Lincoln-Way East IL

12. Carol City FL

13. Miami Central FL

15. Mission Viejo CA

16. North Shore TX

17. Burke NE

18. Broken Arrow OK

20. Duncanville TX

22. Bellevue West NE

24. Colerain OH

Everyone of these polls are Hog wash bogus BS.  Its nearly impossible to rank individual states especially TX much less ranking teams nationally who will never play each other.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is the truth and it is exactly what they do.

i honestly mean this.  I don’t know how anyone can take pride in winning this way!

Almost all privates operate this way. 

Idc if they are happy they win or whatever. Good for them. I don't want to steal anyone's joy. 

But, to brag about it as if you created something, or to suggest that you got the kid into college. C'mon now. I gotta call bullshit when a 3 to 5 star recruit transfers to your school and you claim your school got him into college. 

If you want to argue or claim you prepared the kid better academically... ok. To claim you got him there. Or some other ridiculous thing.  Nah. Sorry. Calling bullshit. 

😂 at you sanctimonious bloviators who have appointed yourself arbitrators of what HS is supposed to be like for kids,families and communities.Funny how you arbitrarily denigrate private schools who are a credit to their community and the outstanding citizens they produce because..you know ..they are to good at sports 😂 what a bunch of low self esteem clowns 🤡.I never hear private schools,kids,parents or communities express the same vitriol towards public schools.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 at you sanctimonious bloviators who have appointed yourself arbitrators of what HS is supposed to be like for kids,families and communities.Funny how you arbitrarily denigrate private schools who are a credit to their community and the outstanding citizens they produce because..you know ..they are to good at sports 😂 what a bunch of low self esteem clowns 🤡.I never hear private schools,kids,parents or communities express the same vitriol towards public schools.

Now listen here dammit. 

I just said I didn't aim to steal anyone's joy for winning or whatever and here you come tryna steal the joy I get from not stealing someone's joy. 

You are a damned joy thief. 

You...

You...

Joy thief! 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now listen here dammit. 

I just said I didn't aim to steal anyone's joy for winning or whatever and here you come tryna steal the joy I get from not stealing someone's joy. 

You are a damned joy thief. 

You...

You...

Joy thief! 🤣

Believe me there are a lot of ways people live their lives that I don’t agree with but as long as they are law abiding citizens I just 🤷🏽‍♂️ And say to each their own.

there are great teams public and private and I don’t care who wins I just want to see the best play and compete regardless of how they achieved their team 

11 hours ago, Ararar said:

You only defend it because that's the side of the fence CAs best reside on.

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Still lost to DFB, who was blown out by STA, who was blown out by MC, who lost to SJC. #tier5

Losing to DFB is all that matters... (19-14 in the last minute in a game they controlled pretty well til the end)...

That doesnt mean ANY of those other teams would beat them. Matchups.

Theyve also lost by 24 to Archer though.

A chain like that is nonsense.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

I’m only defending a person right to choose what they feels best for them without some yahoos who feel threatened by it whining 

There should be much tighter consequences... Sitting out a year etc... Then I wouldnt have a problem... Because most would decide thats not in their best interest. if they cant handle that year, then dont transfer to play football.

32 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

There should be much tighter consequences... Sitting out a year etc... Then I wouldnt have a problem... Because most would decide thats not in their best interest. if they cant handle that year, then dont transfer to play football.

Again you’re trying to tell people how to live because you don’t like what they are doing even though they are doing nothing wrong.None of the private’s have anything remotely bad to say about public schools in fact they respect them.You Just feel threatened by them and it speaks to your insecurities