SJR vs BC / SPP vs DB under hyped weekend

SJR89

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Who would have thought coming into the year that NJ would have 5 teams on the same level as GA's preseason best?

But we do.   

You realize Grayson lost by two touchdowns at home to Colquitt, a Georgia team, correct? We were told by many how good SPP is nationally but this showing does not reflect that. Don Bosco struggled at home to beat Byrnes SC after losing to them last year, and they just took the team people said was your best to overtime.  Is being better than Grayson and Coach hunnicutt the Jersey standard? Because about 75 teams can do that this year. 

folks keep switching the state rankings every week. Y’all don’t have a clue lol one week SPP is the best, now it’s gonna SJR, then eventually it’ll be BC again.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You realize Grayson lost by two touchdowns at home to Colquitt, a Georgia team, correct? We were told by many how good SPP is nationally but this showing does not reflect that. Don Bosco struggled at home to beat Byrnes SC after losing to them last year, and they just took the team people said was your best to overtime.  Is being better than Grayson and Coach hunnicutt the Jersey standard? Because about 75 teams can do that this year. 

folks keep switching the state rankings every week. Y’all don’t have a clue lol one week SPP is the best, now it’s gonna SJR, then eventually it’ll be BC again.

Hold up...

*In my best NOR voice*

BC did better against Grayson than Colquitt did. They were winning earlier and etc. Teams like Grayson don't get better as the season progresses and what we saw between BC and Grayson defined Colquitt. 

There are 4 teams in the BNU that would beat Colquitt. We all saw it. BC did better against Grayson. 

9_9 xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, taojoe said:

difference in this game-Bosco could not stop spp on the ground when it counted.  Maynor escaped rush countless times.  I don’t think dbp had a tackle for a loss all night.

the kids scrambling ability won them the game...best game I've seen this year...#73 looked good on defense!...he needs some more time on that side of the ball...sorry I missed you last night!

7 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Earned my respect! Very impressed with Kyle #2 of DBP. DBP is definitely not to be taken for a joke. 

that kid played his ass off last night...and he's just a Jr...Bosco will have the best backfield in N.J. next year by far...😉..may have the best one this year...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Let me fix this for you...

You realize Grayson lost by two touchdowns at home to BC, correct?  We were told by many how good Grayson is natonally but...

No matter how you spin it, Grayson and Colquitt, your two best teams would likely go about .500 in the Big North. But you can be happy, since they play such overall soft teams they will enjoy better rankings. 

I have said right along NJ has no top 25 teams. I said it preseason (although nit here, I was not posting at the time) I said it after BC beat Grayson. I said it after SPP beat BC. I say it today. (I said SPP might be 20-30. Same as Colwuitt. (I was being generous) 

Meantime, down in GA Colquiitt has no chance of losing. 

As to rankings in NJ. I admit it' very much like Echo ranking GA every week. The difference is that no one is claiming greatness. 

Last I looked Byrnes was #2 in GA.... may well win states though as Dutch Folk has played a GA type schedule and benefits in the ranking accordingly. 

You want to explain to the class how Colquitt, who needed 4 quarters to get by Grayson is better than the top 5 NJ teams when BC ended it early in the 3rd? 

This ought to be good.

You guys stuck one little toe in the water this year and BAM!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

How is Valdosta now days anyway? They learned their OOS lesson to as I recall. 

Maybe get Opie to explain it away for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

that kid played his ass off last night...and he's just a Jr...Bosco will have the best backfield in N.J. next year by far...😉..may have the best one this year...

Let's slow down on that by far business. I mean this is the same SPP defense that Rahmir Johnson ran for 150+ on (imagine what Josh would've done), and Ronny Hickman (WR) ran well against in his debut as a RB. They still have to see those 3 Rb's at St. Joe's as well. Do I think they make a hell of a Rb tandem absolutely, but quit with all the "by far" business because its not "by far". 

35 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Let me fix this for you...

You realize Grayson lost by two touchdowns at home to BC, correct?  We were told by many how good Grayson is natonally but...

No matter how you spin it, Grayson and Colquitt, your two best teams would likely go about .500 in the Big North. But you can be happy, since they play such overall soft teams they will enjoy better rankings. 

I have said right along NJ has no top 25 teams. I said it preseason (although nit here, I was not posting at the time) I said it after BC beat Grayson. I said it after SPP beat BC. I say it today. (I said SPP might be 20-30. Same as Colwuitt. (I was being generous) 

Meantime, down in GA Colquiitt has no chance of losing. 

As to rankings in NJ. I admit it' very much like Echo ranking GA every week. The difference is that no one is claiming greatness. 

Last I looked Byrnes was #2 in GA.... may well win states though as Dutch Folk has played a GA type schedule and benefits in the ranking accordingly. 

You want to explain to the class how Colquitt, who needed 4 quarters to get by Grayson is better than the top 5 NJ teams when BC ended it early in the 3rd? 

This ought to be good.

You guys stuck one little toe in the water this year and BAM!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

How is Valdosta now days anyway? They learned their OOS lesson to as I recall. 

Maybe get Opie to explain it away for you. 

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hold up...

*In my best NOR voice*

BC did better against Grayson than Colquitt did. They were winning earlier and etc. Teams like Grayson don't get better as the season progresses and what we saw between BC and Grayson defined Colquitt. 

There are 4 teams in the BNU that would beat Colquitt. We all saw it. BC did better against Grayson. 

9_9 xD

Basically what I said in my NOR voice although I ran out of wind much sooner. 

Somebody is full of hot air. 

37d99c2e-8777-486f-801b-6b94980e130f_rw_600.gif.28bad81c5b54ed0f4203b36292a0692d.gif

xD

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I am lost, what are you disagreeing with, arguing about? 

Probably that Colquitt would go .500 against Jersey teams, we don’t see it. We saw where Jersey stands this year - slightly better than week one Grayson in large part to two blocked punts and a costly Rams fumble inside the three yard line. Two 4th down touchdown passes too? Very rare a team gets outgained badly the way BC did in that game and still wins.  

Does anyone honestly believe Don Bosco and SJR would beat Colquitt? Can’t see it. Y’all are more along the lines of 2018 Grayson this year - which equates to a second round playoff loser in Georgia. Cute and good win for Jersey standards though - we’re all still impressed y’all won that one back in August so keep your head up 

Grayson outgained Bergen 348 to 280. Grayson has nearly twice as many  first downs and 12 more penalties. Three more turnovers. See proof below. Imagine if they played clean? Yikes  

Bergen is better than Grayson, I agree and I saw that. But just barely. They needed a fumble inside the three yard line and a punt blocked for a touchdown, theres no doubt about that. And this is a Grayson team that everyone in Georgia knows is down and not a champion here. So when we see how BC is just barely above that with mistakes - then they go back home and prove to be as good as everyone up there- it just shows that Jersey as a whole this year is right around 2018 Grayson, which is going to equate to a second round loser here in Georgia. Nice, but nothing to write home about. 

F746E5B7-28BD-4479-B7B3-7667F3B7943B.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Probably that Colquitt would go .500 against Jersey teams, we don’t see it.

OK, understand. 

With all respect, you have no frame of reference to understand a league like the BNU . I recall in Rutgers glory years (Rice , Teel years) people making mad claims about how good they were. It was the same thing. Easy to get up for a big game every few weeks, play a Big Ten schedule week in and week out is different. 

slightly better than week one Grayson in large part to two blocked punts and a costly Rams fumble inside the three yard line. Two 4th down touchdown passes too? Very rare a team gets outgained badly the way BC did in that game and still wins.  

again, with all respect, this is silly.  Don't get all Pumpkin. 

Does anyone honestly believe Don Bosco and SJR would beat Colquitt?

I do think that in league play, where colquitt had to play SPP and Depaul the weeks before and BC the week after their is a high probability they would drop one of the games vs these two. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Atlien handled the small stuff @noonereal   

@ATLien12x and all of Georgia be like

giphy.gif.6dee30049b45b296139e049c44667472.gif

And in fairness for whatever reason Georgia gets brought up in every Jersey thread by Jersey posters. This makes me think about when DJ and y’all would talk about the rival days.  I simply wanted to give a little rebuttal :) Got it out of my system post game thread and pre second game thread

College football and UFC 229! Beautiful October Saturday in Georgia. Wooooo! Y’all enjoy your day

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson outgained Bergen 348 to 280. Grayson has nearly twice as many  first downs and 12 more penalties. Three more turnovers. See proof below. Imagine if they played clean? Yikes  

Bergen is better than Grayson, I agree and I saw that. But just barely. They needed a fumble inside the three yard line and a punt blocked for a touchdown, theres no doubt about that. And this is a Grayson team that everyone in Georgia knows is down and not a champion here. So when we see how BC is just barely above that with mistakes - then they go back home and prove to be as good as everyone up there- it just shows that Jersey as a whole this year is right around 2018 Grayson, which is going to equate to a second round loser here in Georgia. Nice, but nothing to write home about. 

F746E5B7-28BD-4479-B7B3-7667F3B7943B.jpeg

I don't think BC is better than Grayson , I think they beat Grayson. 

Non of your numbers matter. What matters is the score. Honest. 

Look at Marietta. This is a top 50 team. But they took on all comers. 

Colquitt may be a bit better than my "well they play but a few good games" bias but they ABSOLUTELY are not as good as your, "I am a die-hard Colquitt fan." bias.

Peace out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, noonereal said:

I don't think BC is better than Grayson , I think they beat Grayson. 

Non of your numbers matter. What matters is the score. Honest. 

Look at Marietta. This is a top 50 team. But they took on all comers. 

Colquitt may be a bit better than my "well they play but a few good games" bias but they ABSOLUTELY are not as good as your, "I am a die-hard Colquitt fan." bias.

Peace out. 

NOR I know 12U teams that could put 28+ on Marietta 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson outgained Bergen 348 to 280. 

You make it sound like that’s a big difference? BC got 4 yards for Grayson’s 5. 

If it was 348 to 150 or so than maybe you’re onto something. 

Plus, defenses play differently with multiple score leads c’mon you know that. Deeper coverages .... don’t want to give up quick score but will give up yards in exchange for clock to run ..... 

You’re  reaching with the yards stat. 

• Like 2