Peppers 2-3 !

hardhit1

3 years ago I was amaised by J. Peppers - Mich recruit and said 3 things back then:

1. He will be an NLF player

2. He will be an NFL first round draft choice

3. He will never win a game against OSU

After watching this game and the game against Iowa where he had 2 tackles where does he really fall into the NFL draft?

The last 3 games have been disappointing!

1 minute ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I would be surprised if he didn't go in the 1st round of the draft, high second at the latest.  I am not a paid scout, but he has the tools to be an excellent Strong Safety in the NFL in my opinion.

Appreciate the response but are you alarmed by the lack of production his last 3 games?

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

3 years ago I was amaised by J. Peppers - Mich recruit and said 3 things back then:

After watching this game and the game against Iowa where he had 2 tackles where does he really fall into the NFL draft?

He had two tackles because the Michigan defensive line and outside backers lived in the Michigan backfield.  He was locked up with Samuels most of the day and Samuels was contained.

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Appreciate the response but are you alarmed by the lack of production his last 3 games?

I mean when it comes to defensive players, "production" is a relative term.  Whatever he put on tape the last 3 games is what he did, tape don't lie.  I don't have the time or desire to watch all 22 game film, but I'd bet if you broke down the film as an NFL scout you would see a lot more + than - play.  I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

2 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I mean when it comes to defensive players, "production" is a relative term.  Whatever he put on tape the last 3 games is what he did, tape don't lie.  I don't have the time or desire to watch all 22 game film, but I'd bet if you broke down the film as an NFL scout you would see a lot more + than - play.  I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

2 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Or perhaps he played RU, Mary & MSU the other games, really.

3 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Punching the OSU fan in the mouth after the game was a pretty classy move. 

He wont be in the league more than 2 years before his first embarrassing meltdown. 

Did that happen? I know he was taunting the OSU fans early in game. His antics need to stop. Play the game and stop the bs.

14 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Did that happen? I know he was taunting the OSU fans early in game. His antics need to stop. Play the game and stop the bs.

Yea, hard to tell exactly but looks like an Ohio State fan accidentally bumps into Peppers, so Peppers grabs the fan, gets in his face then punches him in the face. Then Ohio State's Cornerbacks coach/Special Teams Coordinator/Recruiter and Former Colerain Head Coach Kerry Coombs breaks it up.

I know many can't stand this kid but I thought he played well and tackled well. He had a very big return on the kickoff which was big at the time. He did have 7 tackles and an INT yesterday. And he does have 2 more years of eligibility left. But the continual hype thrown at this kid I just don't get. ABC was all over his every move and it gets old real fast IMO. 

17 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Guess he ain't Livin'

You're  just mad because he started your misery as a 6x loser to PC.  Peppers will be top 5 pick. All the hate in the world won't change that. He's a good person and great athlete. Fan don't belong on the fb field. Whatever a fan charging the field gets is what he deserves! I know for sure you would've punched one of those PC fans if they banged into you while storming the field after that heart breaking Hail Mary last season. 

20 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

That's almost as fair as saying a lock down corner has no INTs when teams avoid him, but w/e fits your narrative I'd recommend you go with

43 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Your just mad because he started your misery as a 6x loser to PC.  Peppers will be top 5 pick. All the hate in the world won't change that. He's a good person and great athlete. Fan don't belong on the fb field. Whatever a fan charging the field gets is what he deserves! I know for sure you would've punched one of those PC fans if they banged into you while storming the field after that heart breaking Hail Mary last season. 

Whoa there...settle down it was a joke.