Does anybody recall Grayson winning the National Championship

ORabidOne

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My mom's from Long Beach and she sounds like a surfer when she's calm, sounds like a cold-blooded thug when she's pissed ... 

My dad's gone but hes from NJ and he sounded like he was gonna give you stone boots at all times...

😮

c'mon blackhatter - in 2016 - they stomped a mudhole in your packers right there in Moultrie in front of their mamas...

Rush, I believe had three strokes and a minor heart attack during the game...2016 - the Rams did it...don't try to re-write history.

Your Packers did beat them recently but not before they put a good half on your offensive and defensive lines. You may get the chance to try them again.....hey - I love me some good ole Georgia Ball - Colquitt is definitely a powerhouse and so is that Grayson team. If Grayson gets all that talent going in the right direction - they could be hard to topple.

• Like 1

Just now, Georgia Baller said:

c'mon blackhatter - in 2016 - they stomped a mudhole in your packers right there in Moultrie in front of their mamas...

Rush, I believe had three strokes and a minor heart attack during the game...2016 - the Rams did it...don't try to re-write history.

Your Packers did beat them recently but not before they put a good half on your offensive and defensive lines. You may get the chance to try them again.....hey - I love me some good ole Georgia Ball - Colquitt is definitely a powerhouse and so is that Grayson team. If Grayson gets all that talent going in the right direction - they could be hard to topple.

Colquitt wasn't very good in 2016.

Tell us more about that national championship though...

As someone else said - google it. Someone at that Grayson school didn't just make it up. I'm a fan of football - I happen to live in Georgia and I'm proud of the level of competition and the athletes that come out of here. I don't like the Colquit or nobody fans on the Georgia boards, much less here on the national boards....just makes you look foolish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgia Baller said:

Aztec....man you gotta respect the teams who went out there and got the job done! They got beat by IMG that year but went on and learn from it and had to beat a lot of good teams to end up on top.

Brother, I have nothing but mad props for how Grayson handled business in the state of GA that year.  There was never any doubt who was the best team that year in ga.  However, who on Gods green earth gave y'all their MNC?  How did you Grayson determine they were MNC even with a loss to IMG?  BTW, anytime y'all pimp slap colcuts, is great with me. Lol

Just now, Georgia Baller said:

As someone else said - google it. Someone at that Grayson school didn't just make it up. I'm a fan of football - I happen to live in Georgia and I'm proud of the level of competition and the athletes that come out of here. I don't like the Colquit or nobody fans on the Georgia boards, much less here on the national boards....just makes you look foolish.

Google returned ZERO results for National Champion Grayson Rams.

Apparently someone did make it up.

It must have been Fred that came up with the idea.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Jeff Fisher of High School Football America names Grayson the number 1 public football program in 2016. 

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/grayson-1-high-school-football-america-public-school-top-25/

You may not like it but it is as valid as the one he gave Colquitt in 2015.

By the way, it isn't hard to find this out.  A quick Google search will do it for you.

False!!!  I spent 5 minutes I will never get back trying to find anything associated with grayson and national champs.  So when colcuts got their "mnc" from Jeff, it was only the best public high school ribbon and not his actual MNC?  

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Jeff Fisher of High School Football America names Grayson the number 1 public football program in 2016. 

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/grayson-1-high-school-football-america-public-school-top-25/

You may not like it but it is as valid as the one he gave Colquitt in 2015.

By the way, it isn't hard to find this out.  A quick Google search will do it for you.

According to Jeff, he gave his MNC to the Bishop that year.  Link below:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/bishop-gorman-nevada-2016-national-champs/

36 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Just checked.  He gave colcuts his mnc in 2015.  No where near the same thing. 

I think that was basically just an article with a nod to Grayson for being the best public school in the poll due to so much hubub about difference in transfers etc.

Funny thing was that Grayson may have benefitted from more transfers that year than BG did. 

Jeff actually came and gave a trophy to Colquitt for 2015. Idk that he did that for Grayson. 

I guess they were the best at something more than just the state of Georgia that year. 

Not totally sure that I'd have ran out and made a plaque for the wall in the stadium that said national champ though. Probabaly would have made something saying number 1 public school or something. Idk.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that was basically just an article with a nod to Grayson for being the best public school in the poll due to so much hubub about difference in transfers etc.

Funny thing was that Grayson may have benefitted from more transfers that year than BG did. 

Jeff actually came and gave a trophy to Colquitt for 2015. Idk that he did that for Grayson. 

I guess they were the best at something more than just the state of Georgia that year. 

Not totally sure that I'd have ran out and made a plaque for the wall in the stadium that said national champ though. Probabaly would have made something saying number 1 public school or something. Idk.

HAHAHA.  Its a total 100% lie plastered on that wall.  The funny thing is I bet everybody in that town including visitors, sees that and believes they were.  If they had put on there National #1 public school or whatever the article says, I would still laugh but at least it would be true.  I have a feeling if word got out that they really were not, they will have wished they had not lied.  Haha.  The scandal would be entertaining tho.  They better hope nobody has an ax to grind or someone will out them. LOL

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

HAHAHA.  Its a total 100% lie plastered on that wall.  The funny thing is I bet everybody in that town including visitors, sees that and believes they were.  If they had put on there National #1 public school or whatever the article says, I would still laugh but at least it would be true.  I have a feeling if word got out that they really were not, they will have wished they had not lied.  Haha.  The scandal would be entertaining tho.  They better hope nobody has an ax to grind or someone will out them. LOL

I looked to see if Jeff did that again last year but couldn't find it. I mean, if he did, maybe 2016 was the beginning of a split mnc. Something for public school and something for privates. 

I don't think that was the intention though. I guess maybe we can get Jeff back for another Q&A and ask him what that was all about. 

I mean, I don't mind really. There is totally different rules for privates vs. what rules publics operate under so it doesn't seem too off the wall to want to award them separate awards. 

It could be like the different boxing belts and then the private champ could vs. the public champ for a unified belt. xD

Speaking of national championships and all that good stuff, I'll never forget when Rush called out Katy for being crowned national champs in 2015. I think he said something along the lines of "Katy had an advantage because they got to play a week after Colquitt won state, and how you shouldn't be crowned the national champs if you didn't play an oos game."