OT: HS track

golfaddict1

image.png.c3e11cd0351dbe13d00c39f8b385673d.png

District final yesterday...  Schwartz, Shivers and Campbell will likely go at it two more times... all advanced in the 200 and  AHP didn't drop a baton and will advance in the relays.  

I am concerned about Cardinal Gibbons football team though... 42.90 prelim and a 43.32 final  4x100.  :o   

I'm placing Cardinal Gibbons on double top secret 4x100 probation and lowering their preseason ranking.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.c3e11cd0351dbe13d00c39f8b385673d.png

District final yesterday...  Schwartz, Shivers and Campbell will likely go at it two more times... all advanced in the 200 and  AHP didn't drop a baton and will advance in the relays.  

I am concerned about Cardinal Gibbons football team though... 42.90 prelim and a 43.32 final  4x100.  :o   

I'm placing Cardinal Gibbons on double top secret 4x100 probation and lowering their preseason ranking.

:P

What did AHP do in the Relays.  When you look at a HS 100m dash and see 3 kids with 10.24, 10.43 and 10.77 That Is better than 80% of Universities.  Those kids should smoke that 4x100 record.  Schwartz one of the GOAT's. 

12 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Chip what the hell is your point? No one argues that you have to do track to be a great football player. The stars show most top athletes do track. I know your EJ education didn't prepare you for logic but you're bringing stupidity in a track thread. Go start a wrestling thread. 

Yeah that is being misconstrued big time.  The precept is the mechanics that goes into track and field readily translate into football helping make  more explosive athletes.  Which is a shame because LA. football kids are known to be great Track & Field kids as well.  Hell I remember a few year Back Edna Karr was a top 5 Relay team and that football team was pretty good as well with all that speed. That school is a consistent 42.00 flat and under.  That is helluva fast and very elite.  I know Haughton is a program that uses T&F.  I can't remember the gentleman on the old forum but he coached there and stated specifically it was the go to sport for their Football players to help them.  JC is usually another good T&F.  A few years back their 4x200 could run with anyone and came in 3rd in the TSU Relays that year.

Here are the top 100 m Kids in La and their Schools.  I bet the haLls where these kids are have some great athletes with some serious speed and I would assume these are some fast ass athletic football teams.  I don't follow a lot teams over there or claim to be an expert on LA. HS football or the teams.  I do keep up with  W.M.  But I would assume these are some good football teams as well in La. and I would be willing to bet these teams are known for speed.  I don't even wanna look it up.  Let me know if I am correct sir. Of course it doesn't mean they can't loose or some other ridiculous slight because of T&F.   But I would assume these are among the top teams there just by using this as a guide.  If you look at Texas and Florida it will reflect the same.  AHP, DESOTO, CEDAR HILL, STA, MNW.  The 4x100 just shows collectively the type of (atlhletes) /kids in those schools.  Football is crazy about having Speed, speed and speed.  The reason the SEC gets so much props 1st thing you hear is the SPEED.  Led by Fl and Ga.  big time T&F states.

100 Meters
1. 12 Donovan Rolland   10.53 PR (4.5) LA St. Augustine Mar 24 Allstate Sugar Bowl Classic
  12 Trenton Charles   10.53 PR LA Scotlandville Apr 04 LHSCA Meet of Champions
3. 11 Kam Jackson   10.56 PR LA West Feliciana Mar 02 West Feliciana Invitational
4. 12 Torrinado Sims   10.69 PR LA Scotlandville Mar 22 Red and Gold Relays
  10 Rodney Johnson   10.69 PR LA Karr, Edna Mar 08 Henry Crosby Classic
6. 12 Terroll Jolla   10.73 (4.5) LA St. Augustine Mar 24 Allstate

20 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What did AHP do in the Relays.  When you look at a HS 100m dash and see 3 kids with 10.24, 10.43 and 10.77 That Is better than 80% of Universities.  Those kids should smoke that 4x100 record.  Schwartz one of the GOAT's. 

Remember this classic? :)  “some kind of voodoo”  lol.  

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Chip what the hell is your point? No one argues that you have to do track to be a great football player. The stars show most top athletes do track. I know your EJ education didn't prepare you for logic but you're bringing stupidity in a track thread. Go start a wrestling thread. 

How good are these football teams if you could offer some feedback:  Top 5 4x100 in La.  All national HS Elite 4X100 teams.  I have heard about Edna Karr before and saw them in person against Bowie back in the day.  That was a fast Football team with athletes.

Athlete Mark ST Team Date Meet

1.Clayton Howard Kam Jackson Davon Harris Derek Turner  41.30   LA West Feliciana  Mar 15 Red Stick Classic

2.-Chandler Whitfield Sean Burrell Xzavyer Carter Kendall Cleveland 41.36 LA Zachary Mar 15 Red Stick Classic

3.Rodney Johnson Dwayne Lewis Fenton Williams Deontre Ford 42.02 LA Karr, Edna Mar 03 CARVER HIGH MEET

4.Trenton Charles Dorian Camel Torrinado Sims Kelvin Joseph 42.07 LA Scotlandville Mar 03 CARVER HIGH MEET

5.Tyran Scott Brendan Willis Jonathan Green Trejun Jones 42.31 LA Carencro

28 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Remember this classic? :)  “some kind of voodoo”  lol.  

LOL.  I don't think a lot of people know just how fast these kids are in HS when 4 HS kids are running in the 40's.  AHP's best time of 40.31 along with 40.51 for The Woodlands and 40.54 for Desoto.  3 Shitty HS football teams as well. B| Would rank like this in NCAA DI 4X100

Of the TOP 95 4X100 Ran this year in College they would be 56th with The Woodlands 71st and Desoto 74th.

https://www.tfrrs.org/lists/2279/2018_NCAA_Division_I_Outdoor_Qualifying_List/2018/o?gender=m#31

What’s cool is we are starting to get some really extremely fast guys that are also good football players.  Many times guys that run like Schwartz and Barnes very elite are track guys only.  Not these guys - they both are incredible football players

local TCU has made good recruiting top end track kids!

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

In Texas you can only run 3 kids per individual events...

100m prelim results from Desoto

10:58

10:59

Desoto has another kid who has posted 10.81 and another who has post 10.9

Potentially this group could hit big 4x100 with excellent handoffs

I am not expecting real low 4x100 this week as the weather here is not good today

6A district 7 100m prelim results -  with this wind the finals could be really fast  - regardless of the wind these guys are moving pretty damn good for prelims

Event 610 Boys 100 Meter Dash 6A
========================================================================
8 Advance: Top 1 Each Heat plus Next 5 Best Times
 Name Year School Prelims Wind H#
========================================================================
 1 Deonte McGraw DeSoto 10.58Q 3.6 2 
 2 Donovan Smith DeSoto 10.59Q 4.8 3 
 3 Cameron Fleming Cedar Hill 10.61Q 5.0 1 
 4 Josh Fleeks Cedar Hill 10.63q 3.6 2 
 5 Jalon Williams South Grand 10.69q 5.0 1 
 6 Zavian Goodman DeSoto 10.75q 4.8 3 
 7 Vincent Young Cedar Hill 10.98q 5.0 1 
 8 Ja'karine Marbury Irving Nimit 11.08q 4.8 3 

Not bad for Beast TX small schools

4x100 Meter Relay
PL Name Team Mark
1 King, Jawan Atlanta 41.955
Brown, Austin
Blaylock, Reggie
Webster, Desmond
2 Mccarty, Montavius Paris 42.490
Bronner, Tra vius
Williams, Do’rian
Williams, Donovan
3 Thompson Orion Liberty Eylau 42.605
Neal Tavieon
Vaughn Davonta
White Korbyn

Varsity Boys
Page 1 of 2
TrackMate Online - www.microsport.com - (210) 497-6617
4x200 Meter Relay
PL Name Team Mark
1 Edwards, Josh Atlanta 1:28.222
King, Jawan
Brown, Austin
Webster, Desmond
2 Thompson Orion Liberty Eylau 1:29.993
Neal Tavieon
Vaughn Davonta
White Korbyn
3 Griffin, Keithlen Pittsburg 1:32.452
Thomas, Markevian
Andrews, Kartrez
Williams, Kentericus

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

How good are these football teams if you could offer some feedback:  Top 5 4x100 in La.  All national HS Elite 4X100 teams.  I have heard about Edna Karr before and saw them in person against Bowie back in the day.  That was a fast Football team with athletes.

Athlete Mark ST Team Date Meet

1.Clayton Howard Kam Jackson Davon Harris Derek Turner  41.30   LA West Feliciana  Mar 15 Red Stick Classic

2.-Chandler Whitfield Sean Burrell Xzavyer Carter Kendall Cleveland 41.36 LA Zachary Mar 15 Red Stick Classic

3.Rodney Johnson Dwayne Lewis Fenton Williams Deontre Ford 42.02 LA Karr, Edna Mar 03 CARVER HIGH MEET

4.Trenton Charles Dorian Camel Torrinado Sims Kelvin Joseph 42.07 LA Scotlandville Mar 03 CARVER HIGH MEET

5.Tyran Scott Brendan Willis Jonathan Green Trejun Jones 42.31 LA Carencro

West Fel is a solid 3A program and won state this year in football. Only loss was to state #1 U High. Zachary was 5A state football champs. Karr was 4A state champs with just one loss. Scottlandville went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the semi's in D1 to Curtis. Carencro can be hit or miss but has good talent and I believe won 10 games two year ago, though were terrible this year. Curtis almost beat Karr today but messed up the second handoff. Both under 42. Also heard from my track buds that Curtis head coach is moving to Texas to take over a big program out there. Not sure which one yet but if so thats a big move. Curtis is the favorite for the 5A title next month.

• Like 2