OT: HS track

golfaddict1

Bullis got smoked in the 4x200.  They were 21st In the Prelims @ the Texas Relays 

21. Bullis ACierra Pyles, Shaniya Hall, Taylor Johnson, Sierra Leonard  1:41.82

Here are the finals in 2017 @ TX Relays

PL TEAM SQUAD ATHLETES TIME SC
1. DeSoto A Jada Laye, Cierra Wash, Taylor Armstrong, Rosaline Effiong 1:35.64 -
2. Aldine ISD Davis A Evette Griffin, Mya Lloyd, Mikayla McLaughlin, Kenaysia Dixon 1:37.50 -
3. Houston Cypress Springs A Laniya Ivy, Ariele Adams, Essance Sample, Rachel Hall 1:37.73 -
4. McKinney North A Brooke Givens, Elon'a Jones, Breah Powell, Julia Madubuike 1:37.91 -
5. Lancaster A Kiara Brown, Jala Hollis, Kyla Glenn, Tori Hardy 1:38.23 -
6. Lewisville Marcus A Alyssa Hernandez, Nicole Ume-Ezeoke, Kyndal McKnight, Taryn Hankins 1:39.63 -
7. Northeast (OP) A Daneisha Woodside, Takiyah Johnson, Shyteania Twensey, Jan'Taijah Ford 1:39.70 -
  Duncanville A Chrischaynie Washington, Payge Side, Dy'Mond Wylie, Arius Williams DQ -
  Mesquite A Adia Vaughn, Jennifer Godfrey, Daijah Wheeler, Angel Miles

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

They are under HS. (see under Towson)   

I see Calabar :).  

I stand corrected I see that as well.  There are like 1,500 MD HS in this meet.  Damn 9_9 Just MD alone.  I am sure they will set the National HS Track record for one State losing in one MEET IN HISTORY

High Schools

This is why post season track is so important. Texas/LA/FL teams will not be able to participate because of the fact they are in their championship season by Penn Relays. I wish Great Southwest had a bigger draw from the East Coast. I'd be interested to see if the Great American meet ever takes off. Has the potential, but may be too close to New Balance for more people to go.

• Like 1

L.B. Poly is our only Hope.  I see IMG from Florida will be there.  This isn't the best year for Poly:

Poly Boys are 3rd in Ca. with a 41.76.  That is fast but they are gonna get smoked by the Ganja Boys.  Same for the Girls 3rd in Cali w 46.94  Good but they gonna get rocked as well.

They are 3rd in 4x400 Girls and their best Dana Hills got smoked here by the Texas girls at the Texas relays and their Best 4X400 Boys Wilson got 4th here in Texas.  Not looking good for the Poly Boys in the 4x400 either not even top 5 in Cali.  If your best get beat here well the Ganja Boys gonna smoke em.

Dammit Fl and Tx need to switch up their T&F to go represent the U.S.

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Good to go.  I see them eating up a bunch of slow East Coast teams.  We need some  Buford's Desoto's, Mesquites, Skyline's,  MNW, and AHP's and Northeast, FL in that as well. 9_9

16 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

What's crazy is you actually probably have a few TX teams that may already be out of the hunt for one reason or another (dropped baton, bad exchanges, etc) that could get up there if they allowed late entries.

Exaclty.  What sucks about Texas is how are Regionals are set. 4 regions only 2 teams or participant's in each event go to State with the next fastest time regardless of region making it.  Meaning only 9 per event.  What sucks is take Region 1 & 2 where you have the DFW and Beast Texas Teams.  There are gonna be some Fast teams left at home due to where they are.  I don't know another State where you can run a 40.87 and not get to State.  They need to do a qualifying time and run prelims at State instead of all finals.  I don't know how FL does it but Cali to me runs the best State Meet with their format.  Same with the 100m  You can have a kid finish 3rd in Rg 1 or Rg2 with a 10.58 and get left home because he finished 3rd and better hope he has the fastest time of all other non top 2 finishers to go.  While the top 2 kids in Region 4 could go with 10.76. 

3 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

What's crazy is you actually probably have a few TX teams that may already be out of the hunt for one reason or another (dropped baton, bad exchanges, etc) that could get up there if they allowed late entries.

Adidas had an event in Boston last year in early June with a HS dream 100 and mile.  Too bad they can't make a dream 4x100 relay in the event.  

http://www.adidasboostboston.com/events/may-19.php  (Here is where the relays could sneak in).   

They run the 100 on a street track setup.    We need to form PrepMeet Logistics and get some OOS relay love :)    

22 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Exaclty.  What sucks about Texas is how are Regionals are set. 4 regions only 2 teams or participant's in each event go to State with the next fastest time regardless of region making it.  Meaning only 9 per event.  What sucks is take Region 1 & 2 where you have the DFW and Beast Texas Teams.  There are gonna be some Fast teams left at home due to where they are.  I don't know another State where you can run a 40.87 and not get to State.  They need to do a qualifying time and run prelims at State instead of all finals.  I don't know how FL does it but Cali to me runs the best State Meet with their format.  Same with the 100m  You can have a kid finish 3rd in Rg 1 or Rg2 with a 10.58 and get left home because he finished 3rd and better hope he has the fastest time of all other non top 2 finishers to go.  While the top 2 kids in Region 4 could go with 10.76. 

Cali is weird though. They effectively skip the state meet and go straight to a meet of champs. For many teams in CA its all about sectionals. I couldn't imagine if LA and TX kids were just trying to get to regionals. So few actually make it to state in CA, its just weird.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/215021/bullis-freshman-shaniya-hall-hauls-in-three-national-titles

"Impressively, Bullis became just one of three teams nationally this year to go under 45 seconds in the 4x100, setting a new US No. 1 mark of 44.88 seconds, which was just shy of the national record of 44.50 that was set by Long Beach Poly in 2004. "

4x100 team: Masai Russell, Leah Phillips, Shaniya Hall, Ashley Seymour

Russell DOB is June 2000 (17),  Phillips is a soph this year, so in this race she finished 9th grade,  Hall's DOB is Oct. 2001 (16) and Seymour's birth year is 1999, so at most she was 18 years of age in this race and possibly 17.  

If Seymour was 17, they would have been an U18 group in this race.  At the most, one of 4 was 18 years of age.  I see nothing wrong here.  

They had their ages listed on the sheets at New Balance.  Go back and look at time sheets that DD posted

Here is an example San Antonio Johnson in Rg IV finished 2nd to Judson with a 41.88 and went to State and finished Last. They ran a 41.50 Which is fast as heck.  But look at where their 41.88 would have been every where else .  In Region 1 they would have been 4th behind these teams.  Rg 1 Finals 1.Cedar Hill 41.49a 2. Allen 41.60a 3.DeSoto 41.72a 4.Mansfield 41.80a.  In Region II they would have finished 5th 1.Garland Rowlett 40.80a 2. Mesquite Horn 40.92a 3.Conroe Oak Ridge 41.01a 4. Houston Nimitz 41.52a 5.Garland Lakeview Centennial 41.88a.  Even in Rg III Finals  they finish 6th behind Katy 7 Lakes.      

1.Richmond George Ranch 40.88a 2.Alief Taylor 41.02a 3.Pearland Dawson 41.13a  4.Houston Langham Crk 41.29a 5.Katy Seven Lakes 41.42a

So we had the following times not go to State. 41.72, 41.80,  41.52, 41.13, 41.29, 41.42 41.52,  We had 15 Teams beat them and not go to State. 

They finished dead last:  What's funny 5A was even faster. 9_9    Even elite 3A ran faster than 41.88

Oak Ridge finished 3rd in their Region with a 41.01 and since that was the fastest time outside the top 2 in Each Region.  They got the last spot.  Imagine that 41.01 having to luck their way in. And they were the 3rd fastest at State.      41.13 Stayed at home missing out by. 0.12 craze                                     

1 Converse Judson                                       40.14   20        
     1) West, Joshua                    2) Mills II, Chris                  
     3) Richburg, Shawn                 4) Morgan, Kenyon                   
  2 Cedar Hill                                            40.37   16        
     1) Bright, Quinshone 09            2) Newman, Joshua 12                
     3) Fleming, Cameron 11             4) Fleeks, Josh 11                  
  3 Conroe Oak Ridge                                      40.56   12        
     1) Johnson, Zavier                 2) McRae, Nathaniel                 
     3) Stuard, Grant                   4) Johnson, Zachary                 
  4 Richmond George Ranch                                 40.59    8        
     1) Velez, Cristian 12              2) Baldridge, Jayson 12             
     3) Arellano, Sebastian 12          4) Allison, Champion 12             
  5 Allen                                                 40.78    4        
     1) Lorthridge, Tahj 12             2) Fazarro, Asante 11               
     3) Bender, Glenn 11                4) Allen, Jaylen 12                 
  6 Garland Rowlett                                       40.88    2        
     1) Davis, Jakel 12                 2) Sheffield, Joseph 12             
     3) Lang, A'Vim 11                  4) Seals, Emmett 11                 
  7 Alief Taylor                                          41.07             
     1) Williams, Tyjarrrel 11          2) Smith, Myron 12                  
     3) Ogunbanjo, Joseph 11            4) Ogunleye, Richard 11             
  8 Mesquite Horn                                         41.22             
     1) Taylor, Elton 12                2) Roberson, Reggie 12              
     3) Pierce, Karrington 12           4) Jones, Davonye 11                
  9 San Antonio Johnson                                   41.50             
     1) Aiken, Jabari 11                2) Wooley, Tristyn 09               
     3) Murdock, Devin 11               4) Toney, Emmanuel 11

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

That’s what I get for staying up past my bed time.

Hell look on the bright side you caused Golfaddict to research their ages and Westbankeagle to declare well which is it? o.O.  I knew all along about the year but  I thought you had uncovered something else. At least I got more info on the Bullis Crew.  Sometime it is just better to observe and you can gather a lot my friend. I think WestBank and I are all caught up on Bullis. 9_9 Then you said look at DD post.  And Bam

Just now, Texasball said:

Bullis girls are fast, that’s the bottom line for them.  They need to come back to Texas relays again.

hopefully this wind calms tomorrow for the district meet  cedar hill tomorrow.  This wind will blow your ass off the track

It was high yesterday and I went riding on my Bike was gonna ride it to work but that damn wind was crazy.  I tell you might have HS world records depending on the wind direction. Like up to 20 mph

16 hours ago, Texasball said:

College Station - TX 5A Div 2 football state champs -  Just won all 3 major relays at district with some pretty damn good times

4 x 400 -  3:18.41 # 27 nationally 

4 x 200 - 1:28.97 # 115 national tied with Hutto tx

4 x 100 - 41.36 #23 in the nation

College Station - TX 5A Div 2 football state champs

2018 football commits

Marquez Perez-Tulsa

Jeremiah Williams-Incarnate Word

Jaelin Campbell -Incarnate Word

Harrison Wellmann-Johns Hopkins

Marquise Conchola- Tyler Junior College

Quandree White-Tyler Junior College

DaDa Anderson- Cisco JC

Texastrackball, wonders why TAPP St Pius X put 60 on College Station...smdh

St Pius X was up on 5A State Champ College Station 31-7 at halftime. 9_9

The St. Pius offense, which has five Division I recruits, was as advertised, with Gunnell, a Texas A&M recruit, completing 41 of 59 passes for 473 yards and six touchdowns. Senior receiver Jefferson had 14 receptions for 211 yards and four touchdowns and junior Jalen Curry had 15 catches for 135 yards and a TD.

Facing a 31-7 deficit at intermission, the Cougars recovered an onside kick to open the second half and three plays later, senior quarterback Marquez ran it in on an option from 4 yards out.