OT: HS track

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

They had it last year. I agree we also have the TOC where the Texas champs can run against each other regardless of class. Non UIL event. I feel Great S.W. is among the best of these after season meets. That pole vaulted and 400m kids from La. Would be good to see and a Helluva 4x400 relay squad

Also, I've always wanted to see someone bring back the old Nike Track nationals. Really smart way they did it. They scored every event with decathlon scoring and so every participant scored. That would be a fun state competition.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you watch the vid I shared the other day?  New balance nationals last year Bullis B team ran a sub 46 and beat Desoto.   

I hope the Bullis girls are competing at the Penn Relays.   

I watch the Bullis kids last year at the Texas relays.  

Desoto girls and boys will likely hit better times than they have posted so far this year in the relays at the area and state meets.

their district meet is this week

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Speaking of Bullis, PA’s Krantz took out their best boys sprinter at Arcadia invite   

http://pa.milesplit.com/articles/237463/kratz-flies-to-arcadia-wins

Noted prior.  There’s also a sprinter in the Big Ten who they call white lightning.  

10.21/20.53 Devin Quinn, Illini sprinter 

He can play that funky music... :) 

@nptb17raced the original white lightning and still 60m indoor record holder in HS.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This for anyone really, but DD and Txball specifically.  You all show a lot of passion for HS track, do you enjoy it more than HS football? 

I don't enjoy track anymore than I do football.  

As I have stated many times -  I believe that when it comes to HS Football that there is a direct correlation between the quality of track and field and the quality of football played in each state.  This doesn't mean that every single school that is fast will be good at football.  The more depth in track the more depth in football quality.

I believe track and field is the best way to prove the overall quality of athletes in any given state.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I don't enjoy track anymore than I do football.  

As I have stated many times -  I believe that when it comes to HS Football that there is a direct correlation between the quality of track and field and the quality of football played in each state.  This doesn't mean that every single school that is fast will be good at football.  The more depth in track the more depth in football quality.

I believe track and field is the best way to prove the overall quality of athletes in any given state.

You are a such a clown, man.

Lets see. Every single fast school is not necessarily great at football, but every fast school proves quality football depth of a state. xD

You and this track bullshit are priceless.

Lake Travis is one of the slowest schools (track) in the nation. Think they care about your silly track nonsense.

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

This for anyone really, but DD and Txball specifically.  You all show a lot of passion for HS track, do you enjoy it more than HS football? 

I like football more.  But for a spectator sport it is the best sport to attend and you can communicate with the athletes no other sporting event allows that.  And it is up close and personal.  The Texas State Track and Field Championships are incredible live.  The Relays are amped and people fired up over them.  For me it is right there with Football and just below it for me.  I think as a Texan it would be Treasonous to put anything above our Football.  But I love it and will be hitting the area meets too most likely with TexasBall.  Last year at the State Track meet the Redskin and I rode out to  the SaltLick, and then we met a cool family from Canada of all places that came to watch.  Unlike Football you can move around at ease and like I said meet the athletes.  Remember the year I said I talked with the Kids from Judson and told you they said they were gonna be good and not afraid of LT and beat them to start the season the next year.   In Texas the top football kids are more likely running Track and unlike football you can go talk with them for the most part. 

• Like 1

What people that don't follow track fail to understand it is a sport of seconds.  For instance in HS any school that is running sub 44.00 that means 4 kids are running less than 11.00s each and in fact a very fast school and in Texas those are usually football players and would suggest that the rest of the kids that were not fast enough for the 4x100 are pretty damn fast.  For all the B.S. here those Schools that you don't see outside Desoto and others would be top 10 in most other places and top 20 surely.  Only in the Big 4 would they be considered slow.   

I am gonna show some others schools that people don't equate with being fast and compare them anywhere else. 

This type of Speed is at damn near every School in the Big Boy classes 

100M

Asante Fazarro 10.42 PR (3.6) TXAllen

Dominick Yancy *10.48 PR TX Euless Trinity

Jeffery Carter*10.56 PR TX Aledo

Isaiah Teer10.59 PRTXArlington Martin

TJ Walker*10.60 PRTXDenton Ryan

Daydrian Wells*10.65 PRTXLongview

4x100 that some don't consider fast TEAMS are in fact Fast and would be among the top 4x100 outside Tx

Relay Team

Southlake Carroll 42.90

41.88 TX Katy  Yes very fast 

Lake Travis 43.45   That is not slow unless you have no understanding of track that is 4 kids under 11.00 avg.  More likely a top15 4x100 outside the Big 4 

Euless Trinity 42.45  Yes that is a fast ass school  4 fastest kids , Yet is 6A there are 52 schools faster. This is a top 10 school everywhere else xD 

1. 11 * Dominick Yancy 10.48 PR Apr 5 UIL 6A District 05 (W-Th)
2. 11   Isaiah Fantroy 10.74c PR Mar 29 Fossil Ridge Panther Relays
3. 12   Ladedrick Phillips 11.34c PR Mar 23 Creekview Mustang Relays
  12   Adrian Johnson 11.34c PR Mar 23 Creekview Mustan

Again being fast doesn't mean your football team will be great.  Track is a sport of sec's and a school running 42.5 is a blimp away from a school running 41.5.  What Texasball is projecting I think is in Texas particularly there is a correlation due to the participation of the best football players and it is indicative of the athletes and speed on those teams on many that people don't understand are in fact very fast.  Watch Allen close on Defense same as ET.  

Here is a look at the 4x100 times of the top 20 6A squads when the season ended:  Lists 20 teams outside Texas, Fl, GA and Ca that will be faster than the slowest here.  Anything under 42.5 is National Elite and anything under 42.00 is Exceptional.   11 of the 20 are National Elite and not one would be outside the top 25 in 90% of the nation.  Only 3 ran outside 42.9 .   So that sorta clarifies what he is trying to relate.  Especially here in Texas.  Now we are talking mere sec's.  Allen's 41.39 vs. ET 42.45 is a whisper.  :D Every team in the top 20 is considered to be great HS 4x100 relay teams. If you don't believe it take the slowest W.L. 43.69 and compare it to your State's top 30.  If you think they are slow as well as L.T.  

Texas 6A Top 20 Football teams 

1 Allen  41.39

2 Cy-Fair (Cypress) 42.24

3 Katy 41.88

4 Midway (Waco) 43.04

5 Lake Travis (Austin) 43.45

6 Westlake (Austin) 43.69

7 Longview 42.03

8 Cedar Ridge (Round Rock) 41.96

9 Martin (Arlington) 41.76

10 Klein Collins (Spring)  42.68

11 Trinity (Euless) 42.45

12 Carroll (Southlake) 42.90

13 Mansfield 42.73

14 Langham Creek (Houston) 42.89

15 Judson (Converse) 40.90

16 Duncanville 41.97

17 Atascocita (Humble) 42.07

18 Coppell 42.94

19 Lufkin 42.80

20 Horn (Mesquite) 41.51

Texas State football championships and their 4x100 times by team.  Even those little (3A) schools are mostly sub 44.00's considering only having about 300 - 500 kids is amazing.   

2A - 6A Winners listed 1st and National elite times in bold. 

6A DI Allen 41.39  vs. Lake Travis 43.45

6A DII Cy-Fair 42.24 vs. Midway 43.04

5A DI Highland Park 43.92 vs. Manvel 41.24

5A DII College Station 42.80 vs. Aledo 41.85

4A DI Carthage 42.75 vs. Kennedale 42.89

4A DII Pleasant Grove 45.22 vs. West Orange Stark 44.04

3A DI  Rockdale 43.94 vs Brock 43.91

3A DII Newton 43.34c vs Gunter 47.94

2A DI Mart 44.68 vs Refugio 43.77 

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

You are a such a clown, man.

Lets see. Every single fast school is not necessarily great at football, but every fast school proves quality football depth of a state. xD

You and this track bullshit are priceless.

Lake Travis is one of the slowest schools (track) in the nation. Think they care about your silly track nonsense.

Believe what you want dude.  Your lack of knowledge on the subject makes your opinion worthless to me.

just for the record - Last track season Lake Travis produced 3:16.85 4x400 relay - that time would have been the #1 time in the state of Louisiana by nearly 2 freaking seconds.

if you had any knowledge of Lake Travis football you would know that their coaches want the kids competing in track if all possible.  Their participation is off the charts.  

You see me focus a lot on the relays.  However, it more than just the sprints and relays.

some of the best players have been great hurdlers, 800m, all jumping events, shot and discus 

DD -  I totally agree with all your post above. 

IMO track is the best way to judge the overall quality of athletes from any state in regards to football players. It's not just the 4x100, 4x200, and 4x400 relays or just the sprints.  Hurdlers, all the jumping events, and throwing events -  The big majority of the kids competing in all these events on the HIGH SCHOOL level are the same kids under the lights on the football field in the fall.  

Trackingfootball.com is quickly becoming the top recruiting service for college football.

Our analysts took years of data to determine the correlations between track & field performance, pure athleticism, and football performance. Those correlations were verified against thousands of existing, successful football players and used to develop simple scores – on a scale from 0.0 to 5.0 – that help recruiters and evaluators at all levels find the best prospects.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Texas State football championships and their 4x100 times by team.  Even those little (3A) schools are mostly sub 44.00's considering only having about 300 - 500 kids is amazing.   

2A - 6A Winners listed 1st and National elite times in bold. 

6A DI Allen 41.39  vs. Lake Travis 43.45

6A DII Cy-Fair 42.24 vs. Midway 43.04

5A DI Highland Park 43.92 vs. Manvel 41.24

5A DII College Station 42.80 vs. Aledo 41.85

4A DI Carthage 42.75 vs. Kennedale 42.89

4A DII Pleasant Grove 45.22 vs. West Orange Stark 44.04

3A DI  Rockdale 43.94 vs Brock 43.91

3A DII Newton 43.34c vs Gunter 47.94

2A DI Mart 44.68 vs Refugio 43.77 

Again - It's more than just this race.

Funny thing is - Just last track season Lake Travis ran 3:16 4x400 relay and that time would have been the #1 time in Louisiana by nearly 2 sec's

The have produced 9 different kids this year that have ran sub 24 flat 200m -  2 of them was sub 23 flat.

Louisiana is good small state -  They produce at a damn good level for the size of the state - In fact Louisiana does a good job backing up my stance on the correlation between the two sports.   

DD - This is the kid from Brock that I was telling you about.

200m

1. 11 * Baylor Cupp 22.74 PR Apr 4 UIL 3A District 07 

He also runs the 4x100, 4x200, throws the shot put.  - District champ in all of them.

What you must realize about that 22.74  -  This kid is a  6'6" 235 athlete - who is outstanding football player and is being recruited nationally by some big time programs. 

Check who all has offered this kid.  

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Baylor-Cupp-114197/RecruitInterests

• Like 1