OT: HS track

golfaddict1

53 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Catholic (Baton Rouge) clocked a 3:16.48 4x400 yesterday. Good enough for #13 nationally.

Catholic beat John Curtis in the D1 Champ game last year.

Congrats to Judson though. 

Pretty good list of some the best football teams this past year doing well in track

On 4/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, RedZone said:

The Top Events To Watch At The Mobile Challenge Of Champions

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/237316/the-top-events-to-watch-at-the-mobile-challenge-of-champions

BOYS 400

The quarter-mile has an intriguing matchup between two of Louisiana's best

• Sean Burrell, Zachary (LA): Burrell is one of the top underclassmen in the country in the 400m. And he's going to get a good matchup here. A year ago, Burrell netted his career best of 46.19 -- 15-year-old class record -- at the Great Southwest Classic, where he went toe-to-toe with Tyrese Cooper, but he also produced two other times under 47 seconds. He's opened his season with three straight efforts under 47 seconds. Burrell will want to go 46-low or even possibly 45 seconds here. 
  • Darius Davis, West Feliciana (LA): The senior has posted two straight titles in the 400m -- and one in the 200m -- over the last two seasons and enters with a career best of 46.86. So he and Burrell are going to make quite an early-season matchup in this race. So far, Davis has ripped off times of 49, 48 and 47, so expect him to make another jump here against one of the nation's top underclassmen. 

Louisiana sweep the 4x100 at the Mobile Challenge of Champions Event today. That's the biggest high school event in Alabama.

West Felicina took 1st. I'm not sure of the times. Will post when I find out. Really not that important though. Impressive regardless.

The two-day event — which consists of an Open Division and an Invitational Division — will feature more than 1,200 athletes from at least 10 states, including Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, Ohio, New York and New Jersey.

37 minutes ago, RedZone said:

There is seriously something wrong with you, dude....

53 = more than the rest of nation lol.  Can you get us a per capital # for this?

ps - it’s cool for you to keep posting how Louisiana is doing.  I enjoy the info 🤝

Also, I like Louisiana - it’s similar to small areas in Texas.  👍🏿

On 4/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, golfaddict1 said:

The Bullis, MD girls relay squad is going to send Buford off the 4x100 girls lead soon enough.... they are loaded!  They beat Jamaican squads with stellar indoor relay times this past winter.  

Arcadia Invite, Bullis wins both relays and takes US #3 in the 4x200 yesterday and today they run a US #2  in the 4x100.  Nice times in the race.  

Buford remains in the top spot with a 45.57, but I’m confident Bullis will better that.  We will see.  

5C06E644-9ED2-409D-A91F-5C1A0922AA86.thumb.png.703e215918e227cb9aed3cb610fd1d6d.png

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Arcadia Invite, Bullis wins both relays and takes US #3 in the 4x200 yesterday and today they run a US #2  in the 4x100.  Nice times in the race.  

Buford remains in the top spot with a 45.57, but I’m confident Bullis will better that.  We will see.  

5C06E644-9ED2-409D-A91F-5C1A0922AA86.thumb.png.703e215918e227cb9aed3cb610fd1d6d.png

Desoto girls will be right there with them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

Once they add the 41.05 that Port Arthur Memorial ran today in the 4x100 Texas will have 8 of the top 10 nationally

1st 9 in the 4x200

6 of 10 in the 4 x 400

La swept the Mobile Challenge of Champions with all those other States in the Invitational 4x100 with the fastest teams there and here are the times and the open 4x100 was worse.

Mens Invitational 4x100 Relay @ AL Mobile challenge of Champs: It really was 3 La. Schools vs. 3 Al. Schools in the select group 

Finals

1. West Feliciana 42.35a

2 .Scotlandville 42.71a

3. Karr, Edna 42.81a

4. Paul W Bryant 43.30a

5. Newburgh Free 43.71a

6. Hoover 50.64a  They also had a 43.74 in the Open division.  This might have been a B team.  

--

Here are the Results from the East Texas 6A 5A & 4A District meet.  The top 6 times. So if this is about National speed only the above surely don't qualify. 

1.  John Tyler 41.30 (6A)

2.  Longview 42.03 (6A)

3.  Texas High 42.24 (5A)

4.  Hallsville 42.60 (5A) 

5. Kilgore 42.73 (4A)

6.  Chapel Hill 42.77 (4A)

The slowest time run out of all 3 of those district meets with Beast Texas Schools 4A-6A this week was 4A Gilmer with a  43.74 xD

For the fun of it here are 3A Schools that ran at Daingerfield this week:  Freaking 3A Jefferson would have ran the 2nd fastest at that Alabama meet and tied Scotlandville, La in that meet including all of those freaking Big schools from 10 States. 

400 relay: Jefferson (D. Black, T. Jackson, T. Johnson, T. Williams) 42.71; Pittsburg 43.14; Tatum 43.90

Here are the winners of the 4x100 @ Al Mobile Challenge of Champs.  McEachern, GA won the open 4x100 it had a lot of slow ass teams from MS, and AL 

Finals
1. McEachern GA 43.36a
   Adam Hall, Canaan Lee, Joshua Stradford, Austine Eziukwu
2. Sparkman AL 43.42a
3. James Clemens AL 43.62a
   Simeon Dorsey, Xavier McKnight, Cameron Cassidy, Eris Skelton
4. Hoover AL 43.74a
   Noah Williams, Kennon Johnson, Jonathan Martin, Zach Elam
5. Pensacola Catholic FL 43.92a
   Niko Cruz, Demarius Nickerson, Tremaine Bright, Christian Murphy
6. Oak Grove MS 43.92a

I am looking forward to this one in June:  State vs. State Track meet here in Lancaster.  I hope Florida kids come in droves along with Ga and Ca.  So we can get it on.   

2018 GREAT AMERICAN TRACK & FIELD CLASSIC BEVERLY HUMPHREY TRACK AND FIELD STADIUM LANCASTER, TEXAS THURSDAY-SATURDAY JUNE 7-9, 2018

ENTRY OPENING DATE:  Entry opening day is:   Thursday, March 1, 2018  ENTRY DEADLINE:  Regular Entry Deadline is:  Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @11:59 pm  Late Entry Deadline is:   Wednesday, May 30, 2018 @ 11:59 pm  ENTRY GUIDELINES:  This is an elite high school event, where outstanding track and field athletes will be accepted based on qualifying times and marks only. Underclassmen may compete as well, but will require prior approval from their state representative. This is a State vs State event. 

We will use National Scholastic Emerging Elite guidelines for entries.  As stated below do not enter and pay for an athlete to enter meet unless GATFClassic Seeding Committee can independently verify FAT times. We will reject any unverified entries. Once again as stated in rules below, no refunds for invalid entries!! Emerging Elite Guideline: https://www.nationalscholastic.org/nbon/guidelines/
ENTRY FEES: 
1. Regular Entry Fee is $60.00 per athlete. This covers all events.  2. Late Entry Fee is $70.00 per athlete. This covers all events.  3. All entries will be done online through athletic.net

Note:  Entry fees cover the cost of timing crew, officials, trainers, awards, t-shirts and facilities.  The GATFC organization does not compensate any athletes for their participation in this  event. As funding progresses, it may be possible for the States other than Texas to  receive Travel Vouchers. 

ENTRY PROCEDURE:  Purchase entries online through athletic.net  SPECTATOR ADMISSION:  $10.00 PER DAY PER ADULT ($25.00 FOR 3 DAY PASS)       $7.00 PER STUDENT (5-18 YRS.): (WITH STUDENT ID)($15.00 FOR 3 DAY PASS)    4YRS. AND UNDER FREE ADMISSION AWARDS:  1. Awards will be presented.  2.  Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event.  3. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Distance Events. 

4. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Field Events.  5. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Sprint Events.  6. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored Overall. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I am looking forward to this one in June:  State vs. State Track meet here in Lancaster.  I hope Florida kids come in droves along with Ga and Ca.  So we can get it on.   

2018 GREAT AMERICAN TRACK & FIELD CLASSIC BEVERLY HUMPHREY TRACK AND FIELD STADIUM LANCASTER, TEXAS THURSDAY-SATURDAY JUNE 7-9, 2018

ENTRY OPENING DATE:  Entry opening day is:   Thursday, March 1, 2018  ENTRY DEADLINE:  Regular Entry Deadline is:  Wednesday, May 23, 2018 @11:59 pm  Late Entry Deadline is:   Wednesday, May 30, 2018 @ 11:59 pm  ENTRY GUIDELINES:  This is an elite high school event, where outstanding track and field athletes will be accepted based on qualifying times and marks only. Underclassmen may compete as well, but will require prior approval from their state representative. This is a State vs State event. 

We will use National Scholastic Emerging Elite guidelines for entries.  As stated below do not enter and pay for an athlete to enter meet unless GATFClassic Seeding Committee can independently verify FAT times. We will reject any unverified entries. Once again as stated in rules below, no refunds for invalid entries!! Emerging Elite Guideline: https://www.nationalscholastic.org/nbon/guidelines/
ENTRY FEES: 
1. Regular Entry Fee is $60.00 per athlete. This covers all events.  2. Late Entry Fee is $70.00 per athlete. This covers all events.  3. All entries will be done online through athletic.net

Note:  Entry fees cover the cost of timing crew, officials, trainers, awards, t-shirts and facilities.  The GATFC organization does not compensate any athletes for their participation in this  event. As funding progresses, it may be possible for the States other than Texas to  receive Travel Vouchers. 

ENTRY PROCEDURE:  Purchase entries online through athletic.net  SPECTATOR ADMISSION:  $10.00 PER DAY PER ADULT ($25.00 FOR 3 DAY PASS)       $7.00 PER STUDENT (5-18 YRS.): (WITH STUDENT ID)($15.00 FOR 3 DAY PASS)    4YRS. AND UNDER FREE ADMISSION AWARDS:  1. Awards will be presented.  2.  Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event.  3. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Distance Events. 

4. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Field Events.  5. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored in Sprint Events.  6. A Trophy will be awarded to the state with the most points scored Overall. 

I think that meet is going to take a few years to take off. From what I understand they don't have state coaches like Great Southwest, they have someone from Texas organizing each state. Not sure how well that will work.

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you watch the vid I shared the other day?  New balance nationals last year Bullis B team ran a sub 46 and beat Desoto.   

I hope the Bullis girls are competing at the Penn Relays.   

Bullis is a great group no doubt.  But Desoto didn't run at NBN last year.  The girls of Mesquite ran there. Schools can't run at that meet. They have to go as a TC.  

1 hour ago, westbankeagle said:

I think that meet is going to take a few years to take off. From what I understand they don't have state coaches like Great Southwest, they have someone from Texas organizing each state. Not sure how well that will work.

They had it last year. I agree we also have the TOC where the Texas champs can run against each other regardless of class. Non UIL event. I feel Great S.W. is among the best of these after season meets. That pole vaulted and 400m kids from La. Would be good to see and a Helluva 4x400 relay squad

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

They had it last year. I agree we also have the TOC where the Texas champs can run against each other regardless of class. Non UIL event. I feel Great S.W. is among the best of these after season meets. That pole vaulted and 400m kids from La. Would be good to see and a Helluva 4x400 relay squad

The 4x4 is in the works from what I understand. It all depends on how the season ends. Sometimes the season doesn't end like the kid/coach expects and they just shut it down for some reason.  We could run 3:08 this year though.  Our 4x2 could be good too.

• Like 1