OT: HS track

golfaddict1

Carthage and West Feliciana are about the same size schools for the most part.

Both won football state championships this past year. Anyone hear me say they are the best football team pound for pound in La because they can zoom on a track this year?

West Feliciana had 9 football commits this year as well.

If Carthage is all that you tell me what West Feliciana is?

I have never seen Feliciana in my life nor do I claim to know about some team I have never seen nor care to see.  I judge Carthage against the teams in Texas that I watch.  I don't care about Feliciana.  Hell I just found out this was School when I saw their 4x200 time for Track. 

Longview not being Desoto in Track is somehow a knock on them.  Who in La. is Desoto?

Have at it TexasBall this will get even more ridiculous real soon.  There is 1 fast team in La. Congrats to W. Feliciana for having no other competition to push them.  They would get worked in Texas in every relay and it will get worse from the 4X100 - 4x400

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I have never seen Feliciana in my life nor do I claim to know about some team I have never seen nor care to see.  I judge Carthage against the teams in Texas that I watch.  I don't care about Feliciana.  Hell I just found out this was School when I saw their 4x200 time for Track. 

Longview not being Desoto in Track is somehow a knock on them.  Who in La. is Desoto?

Have at it TexasBall this will get even more ridiculous real soon.  There is 1 fast team in La. Congrats to W. Feliciana for having no other competition to push them.  They would get worked in Texas in every relay and it will get worse from the 4X100 - 4x400

We don't care about Carthage either!

If Carthage ever does something elite in track get back with us.

That's what this thread is for, I thought.

NOT small TX football agenda.

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texasball looks like the weather is gonna be bad today in the area.  Where are you at today in the State and did you catch any meets in person this week? I see The Woodlands JV ran a 43.11 in their district meet.

I am at OKie state today working.

lets hit one of the good area meets next week.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

PEOPLE IN TEXAS THAT FOLLOW TEXAS FOOTBALL ALL WERE IN THE KNOW THEY WERE AMONG THE BEST IN TEXAS.  THAT TEAM WAS LOADED WITH THE BEST RB IN TEXAS.  

A LOADED 4A Carthage, TX football squad.

I don't EVEN know why I bother.......smdh

• Dee Bowens, Sam Houston State (football)
  • Ahmad Brown, Tarleton State (football)
  • Mekhi Colbert, Tyler Junior College (football)
  • Mykel Gates, Blinn College (football)
  • Dewaylon Ingram, Sam Houston State (football)
  • Keaontay Ingram, Texas (football)

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

I can name 30 teams easy that would've blown out Carthage last year and Longview is definitely one of them.

Yall have to remember, football speed and track speed ain't the same.

Speed is speed  and is why nearly every college football program is looking at track results.

go visit trackingfootball.com

go talk to college recruiters

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Of course you would....

That statement doesn’t have anything to with track or if they can beat Longview or not.

you never referred to a boxer being pound for pound the best?  This doesn’t mean small guy is going to beat the heavy weight.

jesus - what’s your f’ing problem?  I don’t think anyone is willing to put money on Carthage to beat Longview.  

• Like 1

http://finishedresults.trackscoreboard.com/#/results/meet/7878

Nice meet in Zona to check on, especially some of the collegiate events.   A highly rated Saguaro db last name Ringo ran a sub 11 100 in the prelims.  Interested to see what he can rip.   The 200m collegiate races heat 2 for the women and men are nicely stacked.   

22 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Hardly anyone compares to Desoto in track.  However, Longview is national top 100 in the three major relays right now.

I agree Lb for lb Carthage had incredible team.

Of course they did and everyone here that watched them agrees.  Silly this was never about them as a football team.  I posted to Golf about speed in East Texas and was showing him how the 4A schools were equal to Longview and battled them.  Carthage Pittsburg and LE were all mentioned It was not about their football team(s) I referenced to him Carthage who Pound for Pound was the best in Texas in football went Toe to toe with LV in a meet a week ago.  Only someone that can't understand would draw a different conclusion.  Go read the post with him and I. IT WAS ABOUT T&F not about how great they were in Football. But following Texas they are geeked to have Ingram hit the Campus this week.  I read the other RB's are having problems holding onto the ball and they expect him to contribute right away.  People that don't understand Track have no idea that a HS running a 42.75 somehow is slow when that makes them elite among 95% of the HS in the nation and means the kids avg about a 10.7 100m.  Ridiculous to say the least.  I was showing Golf how the 4A T&F in Beast Texas compare to LV which Is among the best. Only LV and JT are faster.  They are all faster than Lufkin in the 4X100.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

A LOADED 4A Carthage, TX football squad.

I don't EVEN know why I bother.......smdh

• Dee Bowens, Sam Houston State (football)
  • Ahmad Brown, Tarleton State (football)
  • Mekhi Colbert, Tyler Junior College (football)
  • Mykel Gates, Blinn College (football)
  • Dewaylon Ingram, Sam Houston State (football)
  • Keaontay Ingram, Texas (football)

Are you knocking this?

both Juco kids are D1 player

Sam Houston is damn good football

They have players behind them

they are basically the smallest 4A D1 school in the state

30 minutes ago, Texasball said:

That statement doesn’t have anything to with track or if they can beat Longview or not.

you never referred to a boxer being pound for pound the best?  This doesn’t mean small guy is going to beat the heavy weight.

jesus - what’s your f’ing problem?  I don’t think anyone is willing to put money on Carthage to beat Longview.  

I told you it was going to become a sideshow.  The conversation with Golf was about T&F comparing Beast Texas speed to the Big Boys LV and how those 4A kids from 3 other Schools are right there with them.  

16 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Are you knocking this?

both Juco kids are D1 player

Sam Houston is damn good football

They have players behind them

they are basically the smallest 4A D1 school in the state

There's Texas loaded then there is Louisiana loaded, I guess..

Run with that.....

One might say 1A/D1 Southern Lab (Baton Rouge) was loaded this year again and they have a new HC. Oh look, a RB committed to LSU. 9_9

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=True&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=11997

Southern Lab has 3 or 4 games scheduled with some of top big schools again this year.

How about Carthage? Playing any 5A or 6A teams this year. Ooops, never!

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

The 100th fastest so far in Louisiana has ran 45.66  4x100

The 655th fastest in Texas has ran 45.66

the 100th fastest 100m time so far in Louisiana has been 11.40

815th fastest time in Texas is 11.40

This is where you get silly.  You are comparing states that quadruple LA.  Why?  But then there is an excuse if I say compare any of those states against Jamaica.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

This is where you get silly.  You are comparing states that quadruple LA.  Why?  But then there is an excuse if I say compare any of those states against Jamaica.

Babbling nonsense is what it is.....

I talk about the La "elites" here every now and again if/when we have one, but these homers are off the charts with their BS.

Freakin Carthage....

Not to distract from Track.  I know what I see with my own eyes on a football field regardless of how many AAAAA's are behind the number.  What's up with MAXPREPS.  I Guess they don't know football either.

MaxPreps Football Tour of Champions celebrates Carthage High School.  They sucked so much that only 65 Teams in America was better. LMBAO 9_9

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/bsA_4oaAmEOVSKENoT9s1g/maxpreps-football-tour-of-champions-celebrates-carthage-high-school.htm

Carthage High School football team nationally ranked on the 2017-18 TOC.

The 13th Annual MaxPreps Tour of Champions presented by the Army National Guard passed through Texas on Thursday, Feb. 8 to honor Carthage (Texas) High School and its football team for winning a state championship and earning a high national ranking.

Having upended Kennedale 49-21 in the UIL Class 4A Division I state title contest, the 16-0 Bulldogs claimed their second straight state championship and earned a No. 66 ranking in MaxPreps' National Rankings! Located deep in the piney woods of East Texas, Carthage has been a powerhouse in Texas 4A football for years.

POUND FOR POUND THEY WERE THE BEST IN TEXAS AND I SAW ALLEN MULTIPLE TIMES AND NO THEY WOULD NOT BEAT ALLEN.  BUT THEY WOULD HAVE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE MAJORITY OF TEXAS 5A AND 6A SCHOOLS LAST YEAR.  OH AND THIER 42.7 4x100 would Suck in La. >:(

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Not to distract from Track.  I know what I see with my own eyes on a football field regardless of how many AAAAA's are behind the number.  What's up with MAXPREPS.  I Guess they don't know football either.

MaxPreps Football Tour of Champions celebrates Carthage High School.  They sucked so much that only 65 Teams in America was better. LMBAO 9_9

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/bsA_4oaAmEOVSKENoT9s1g/maxpreps-football-tour-of-champions-celebrates-carthage-high-school.htm

Carthage High School football team nationally ranked on the 2017-18 TOC.

The 13th Annual MaxPreps Tour of Champions presented by the Army National Guard passed through Texas on Thursday, Feb. 8 to honor Carthage (Texas) High School and its football team for winning a state championship and earning a high national ranking.

Having upended Kennedale 49-21 in the UIL Class 4A Division I state title contest, the 16-0 Bulldogs claimed their second straight state championship and earned a No. 66 ranking in MaxPreps' National Rankings! Located deep in the piney woods of East Texas, Carthage has been a powerhouse in Texas 4A football for years.

We all got to see Carthage in the state championship games.  I don't remember every team off the top of my head but I think Carthage was one of the solid squads that played.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

We all got to see Carthage in the state championship games.  I don't remember every team off the top of my head but I think Carthage was one of the solid squads that played.

Sorry this was never about them in football I only mentioned them to show Golf how the little schools in Beast Texas have a lot of speed for being between mostly 300 - 900 students.  That's all it was about.  They would get beat by Elite 6A football and Track.  42.75 In HS is elite .  Ask any Track person if running sub 43's are not Elite.  If they say no leave that knucklehead immediately because he doesn't know anything about T&F.    Find a State with 20 Schools running that time regardless  of Class outside the Big 4.  That will let you know how fast that is.  Probably among the top 5 in most States. 

Jamaica is amazing in Track but some of those kids are 19 year olds.  Grades run from 7th -13.  Calabar and others are College fast.  But I will assure you TX and Fl would not be embarrassed on the field with those kids.  They have about 3-4 superb teams and the rest are no faster than Texas and Fl.

Penn Relays 2017.  Nothing that TX and FL can't run with for sure.  CALABAR ran a 39.08 in 2015 and a couple years ago 4 Texas HS kids ran a US HS record of 39.3 and a Group of Texas kids beat a Jamaican Relay heads up in that meet.  Smoked them as a matter of fact.  They are no faster than Texas and Florida.  if Fl or Tx were to stack a Private School and hit the Penn Relays like Calabar does.  What do you think would happen.  They would run toe to toe with them.

These are their elite 4x100 teams.  Texas would have smoked them in 2017.

LARGE SCHOOL RESULTS
1 Wolmer's Boys (Kingston, JAM) 41.71
2 Coatesville (Coatesville, PA) 42.12
3 DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, MD) 42.27
4 St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, NJ) 42.51
5 Christ Church (Christ Church, BAR) 42.71
6 Mount St. Joseph (Baltimore, MD) 43.07
7 IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) 43.23
8 East Orange (East Orange, NJ) 43.48

SMALL SCHOOL RESULTS
1 Papine (Kingston, JAM) 40.83
2 St. Catherine (St. Catherine, JAM) 41.11
3 Dinthill Tech (St. Catherine, JAM) 41.32

4 Phoebus (Hampton, VA) 41.42
5 Green Island (Hanover, JAM) 41.48
6 Bridgeport (St. Catherine, JAM) 41.70

7 Deptford (Deptford, NJ) 42.07

From Louisiana I've mentioned Mondo (Pole Vault), West Feliciana (4x100, 4x200), Sean Burrell (Zachary 400) and the spear thrower from Parkview Baptist. #1, #8, #2 and #1 nationally

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what this other BS is about or care...

Maybe some "elites" will be added today or tomorrow.

Later.....