they also ran 41.30 4x100

100m resultsS

10.41 JT

10.48 mesquite

10.64 Mes horn

10.65 Longview

10.69 JT

10.97 JT

i am pissed - headed for meeting tomorrow at OSU - staying the night at Holiday Inn express in Guthrie Oklahoma.  The dude in the room next to me is snoring loud enough that I can hear over the TV

DD - we have this kid in Brock that is 6’5 220 type JR class TE/DE-LB. His name is Baylor Everyone is recruiting him.  Tons of offers from all the big boys around the country...sounds like he is going to A&M,  I figured out last week this kid can run.  he kicks ass on both the 4x200 and 4x400.  Took the baton in the 4x200 and it looked like he was shot out of canon vs the competition they faced.  I was talking to coach Joey Mcquire Baylor/Cedar Hill few days after the meet and he was telling me that he is the 2nd best TE in the state - The top kid is from Dickinson going to Alabama.

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

3 kids from John Tyler posted sub 11 100m at 6A district 11 meet

they also ran 41.30 4x100

100m resultsS

10.41 JT

10.48 mesquite

10.64 Mes horn

10.65 Longview

10.69 JT

10.97 JT

i am pissed - headed for meeting tomorrow at OSU - staying the night at Holiday Inn express in Guthrie Oklahoma.  The dude in the room next to me is snoring loud enough that I can hear over the TV

DD - we have this kid in Brock that is 6’5 220 type JR class TE/DE-LB. His name is Baylor Everyone is recruiting him.  Tons of offers from all the big boys around the country...sounds like he is going to A&M,  I figured out last week this kid can run.  he kicks ass on both the 4x200 and 4x400.  Took the baton in the 4x200 and it looked like he was shot out of canon vs the competition they faced.  I was talking to coach Joey Mcquire Baylor/Cedar Hill few days after the meet and he was telling me that he is the 2nd best TE in the state - The top kid is from Dickinson going to Alabama.

I will surely be at the Region I meet let's get together there.   Lunch on me.  Also I might make the Area meet as well.   I should have took off and went out the 11-6A District meet.   Longview won 11-6A But 4A Atlanta, L.E. Pittsburg and Carthage all in Beast Texas will give them all they want head up as well as Texas High.   Beast Texas can Run Son :D for a bunch of Country Boys.  Longview still holds the Texas Relays 4x100 record with a 40.5.  

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The Woodlands JV ran 43.11 4x100 today

What's funny Longview will not see State in either Relay :D unless someone drops the Baton or gets DQ'd.  42.00 Flat in this region will not cut it and that is Elite HS 4x100 and they have very good 4X200 & 4x400 and still will not go to State.  I wish we had a minimum qualifying time and auto trip to state for running it.  That would be awesome.  And put the fastest regardless of Class in one Relay.    Best sport of the Summer,  just sat back get some Vitamin D and Chill.   

Sorta like if you run this qualifying time you go to State regardless of Class:

100m 10:7

200M 22:00

400M 48.5

4x100:  42:5

4x200: 1:28:00

4x400: 3:20:00

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

The 100th fastest so far in Louisiana has ran 45.66  4x100

The 655th fastest in Texas has ran 45.66

the 100th fastest 100m time so far in Louisiana has been 11.40

815th fastest time in Texas is 11.40

3 different freshmen 4x100 teams from Conroe ISD would be top 100 in Louisiana Varsity-  see district results from 6A district 12

conroe oak ridge freshman would be #51 in Louisiana 4x400

the woodlands freshman would be #55 in Louisiana 4x400

Those two schools would have 3 teams ranked in each event

cant wait to see all the district results from around the state.

• Haha 1

This is Texas 4A. What State are these little Schools not elite.  And they are not large in Students either.   Fastest kid in 4A has ran a 10.54 this year Ryan Martin from Stafford followed by Cedric Hayes from Carter with 10.62 and they are the fastest 4x100 in 4A and a Kid from Beast Texas has run a 10.68.   4A should be pretty good in the Regionals and State finals. 

The top 5 will get with anyone not from FL, GA, TX or CA.  And will give them hell too.  

Dallas Carter 41.53  Elisha Hartfield, Johnny Gee, Michael Samihamba, Cedric Hayes

Stafford 41.80 Jaylon Hill Robert Wooten Tu'Shawn Wilson Ryan Martin

Atlanta 42.16  Reggie Blaylock, Austin Brown, Desmond Webster, Jawan King  (Beast Texas)

Dallas Lincoln 42.33a  Jarrion Patton, Gavin Gates, Drashaun Washington, Dennis Johnson

Brownwood 42.47 Patrick Nash Braden Jetton Gavin Jefferson AJ McCarty 

Waco La Vega 42.57 .Jeffrey Nickerson Taequan Tyler Mason Quintaveon Terrence Hogan  

40 minutes ago, Texasball said:

3 different freshmen 4x100 teams from Conroe ISD would be top 100 in Louisiana Varsity-  see district results from 6A district 12

conroe oak ridge freshman would be #51 in Louisiana 4x400

the woodlands freshman would be #55 in Louisiana 4x400

Those two schools would have 3 teams ranked in each event

cant wait to see all the district results from around the state.

Where would Desoto Girls be  :D

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Here is an example Carthage pound for pound was the best Football team in Texas last year.  They ran against Longview last week.  Carthage would be a top 10 4x100 team in 95% of the Country and they are not the fastest 4A in East Texas.

Longview is like 3-4 classes larger than Carthage.  But they are right there with them and so is 4A Pittsburg.

100 meters

D. Wells, Longview 10.78; J. Davis, Hallsville 10.78; J. Shepherd, Kilgore 10.88; D. Adaway, S. Hill 11.02; R. Garrett, Carthage 11.03; M. Thomas, Pittsburg 11.06; J. Jimmerson, Pittsburg 11.06; A. Hall, Longview 11.16; C. Busch, Pittsburg 11.18; K. Andrews, Pittsburg 11.18

200 meters

A. Hicks, Carthage 21.9; J. Shepherd, Kilgore 21.91; K. Monroe, Longview 22.05; D. Wells, Longview 22.20; J. Hawkins, Longview 22.26; C. Jones, Harmony 22.50; S. Taylor, S. Springs 22.64; T. Craer, H. Springs 22.68; M. Thomas, Pittsburg 22.68; C. Venters, Hallsville 22.79

400 meters

A. Hicks, Carthage 49.5; A. Medford, Tatum 49.63; C. King, H. Springs 50.86; T. Taylor, Longview 50.94; D.J. Turner, P. Pewitt 51.06; H. King, Longview 51.11; Henry, Spring Hill 51.24; C. Venters, Hallsville 51.50; A. McDaniel-Guillory, Longview 51.55; J. Williams, Carthage 51.8

400 relay

Longview 42.01; Carthage 42.7; Pine Tree 43.08; Pittsburg 43.19; Hallsville 43.30; Kilgore 43.32; S. Hill 43.56; Tatum 43:59; Carlisle 43.85; W. Point 44.09

I can name 30 teams easy that would've blown out Carthage last year and Longview is definitely one of them.

Yall have to remember, football speed and track speed ain't the same.

15 hours ago, RedZone said:

Longview sucks at track...

They've won every single track meet they participated in this year, plus they just won their district meet. lol 

If they suck, most everyone else does too.

I can see a couple of you guys get off to trying to prove Caj wrong and bashing LA in the process, although I'm not even sure why you are trying, he's just a troll.  Once again, let me remind you why comparing LA to TX is dumb. There are 255 6A schools in TX, there are 6-8 schools in LA with 6A enrollment (not sure how TX handles all boys enrollment) and a couple of them are dropping because new schools are opening up.  There are 253 5A schools in TX, there are 59 schools in LA that fit the profile for TX 5A. Note that if we included TAPPS schools, TX would be boosted by another 5-10 schools in those classes but I couldn't find reliable numbers on enrollment outside of wikipedia.  This is based on the most recent enrollment numbers.

This means that for every school in LA with TX 6A enrollment, there are over 31 schools in Texas.  For every school in LA with TX 5A enrollment, there are over 4 schools in Texas. Therefore, if you would like to see a better view of averages, start with the top 6A performer and remove the next 30 spots and repeat and compare that to the 8 6A schools from LA.  For 5A, start with the top performance then remove the next 4 (it's actually 4.3) performances.  I think if you did that the numbers you would come up wouldn't be so gawdy.

Your TX 6A schools from LA would be Lafayette, Dutchtown, West Monroe, Ehret, Byrd and Denham Springs.  Depending on how you do enrollment for all boys schools, Jesuit and Catholic would be there.  Crazy that those aren't even really the best 5A track schools in LA.  I think using the formula I provided earlier, TX vs LA track lb for lb would be pretty similar. 

You forget that there are about 10 posters from LA on this board, and 9 of them have a brain. Don't knock LA just to spite that one guy. For a state our size we currently have 2 overall national track record and regularly produce the countries top pole vaulters and javelin throwers. Our state produced a girls 4x1 a few years back (yes it was an all-star relay but all in HS) that ran 44.x in the 4x1 and finished the year as the #3 junior time in the world, beating nearly every other COUNTRY. We won't win the numbers game, but knocking LA to make TX feel better is just silly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

I can name 30 teams easy that would've blown out Carthage last year and Longview is definitely one of them.

Yall have to remember, football speed and track speed ain't the same.

No doubt.  I said pound for pound in football and so did most football people in Texas. I'm talking track not football. I'm talking head up in track

18 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I can see a couple of you guys get off to trying to prove Caj wrong and bashing LA in the process, although I'm not even sure why you are trying, he's just a troll.  Once again, let me remind you why comparing LA to TX is dumb. There are 255 6A schools in TX, there are 6-8 schools in LA with 6A enrollment (not sure how TX handles all boys enrollment) and a couple of them are dropping because new schools are opening up.  There are 253 5A schools in TX, there are 59 schools in LA that fit the profile for TX 5A. Note that if we included TAPPS schools, TX would be boosted by another 5-10 schools in those classes but I couldn't find reliable numbers on enrollment outside of wikipedia.  This is based on the most recent enrollment numbers.

This means that for every school in LA with TX 6A enrollment, there are over 31 schools in Texas.  For every school in LA with TX 5A enrollment, there are over 4 schools in Texas. Therefore, if you would like to see a better view of averages, start with the top 6A performer and remove the next 30 spots and repeat and compare that to the 8 6A schools from LA.  For 5A, start with the top performance then remove the next 4 (it's actually 4.3) performances.  I think if you did that the numbers you would come up wouldn't be so gawdy.

Your TX 6A schools from LA would be Lafayette, Dutchtown, West Monroe, Ehret, Byrd and Denham Springs.  Depending on how you do enrollment for all boys schools, Jesuit and Catholic would be there.  Crazy that those aren't even really the best 5A track schools in LA.  I think using the formula I provided earlier, TX vs LA track lb for lb would be pretty similar. 

You forget that there are about 10 posters from LA on this board, and 9 of them have a brain. Don't knock LA just to spite that one guy. For a state our size we currently have 2 overall national track record and regularly produce the countries top pole vaulters and javelin throwers. Our state produced a girls 4x1 a few years back (yes it was an all-star relay but all in HS) that ran 44.x in the 4x1 and finished the year as the #3 junior time in the world, beating nearly every other COUNTRY. We won't win the numbers game, but knocking LA to make TX feel better is just silly.

Of course there is speed in L.A.  you can just use TX 4A against the State of La. Not 5A not 6A .  Just schools with 500 - 1050 kids and just throw in Longview for the hell of it. Lets compare the TX 4A to LA any class or your top 10 vs 4A.  I would bet 4A is just as fast as the elite of LA. 

That would be about 200 schools total.  Lb for Lb tx medium school elite vs the elite of LA regardless of class.  

You're right  no one's touching that pole vaulter you guys have.

• Like 1

I also invite anyone who wants to see what organized chaos looks like, come to New Orleans during track season.  There are literally only 3-4 public tracks in the ENTIRE city. 5 schools have their own "tracks" that they can use (Rummel and Shaw use cinder tracks), but the rest of the city (probably 40+ schools, not including the middle schools and colleges either) are all at these 3 tracks dodging each other, dodging implements being thrown, people doing hurdles, etc.  It's madness.  

Any given day in March you will have 20 teams practicing at the City Park track.  I always got a kick out it when you could watch something like Leonard Fournette doing 100s in Lane 1 while some 80 lb girl distance runner from a small all-girls school is jogging in lane 4.  

Also note there is not a single public high jump pit in the city of New Orleans.  Think about that for a second.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Of course there is speed in L.A.  you can just use TX 4A against the State of La. Not 5A not 6A .  Just schools with 500 - 1050 kids and just throw in Longview for the hell of it. Lets compare the TX 4A to LA any class or your top 10 vs 4A.  I would bet 4A is just as fast as the elite of LA. 

That would be about 200 schools total.  Lb for Lb tx medium school elite vs the elite of LA regardless of class.  

Texas would edge LA in that matchup, but this isn't the strongest event in LA right now.  LA has 7 kids under 48 for the 400.  Same thing for Texas all classes combined. The open 4 is where the LA talent is this year.

3 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I also invite anyone who wants to see what organized chaos looks like, come to New Orleans during track season.  There are literally only 3-4 public tracks in the ENTIRE city. 5 schools have their own "tracks" that they can use (Rummel and Shaw use cinder tracks), but the rest of the city (probably 40+ schools, not including the middle schools and colleges either) are all at these 3 tracks dodging each other, dodging implements being thrown, people doing hurdles, etc.  It's madness.  

Any given day in March you will have 20 teams practicing at the City Park track.  I always got a kick out it when you could watch something like Leonard Fournette doing 100s in Lane 1 while some 80 lb girl distance runner from a small all-girls school is jogging in lane 4.  

Also note there is not a single public high jump pit in the city of New Orleans.  Think about that for a second.

Not one Texan responded with La. Sux in track.  Track is a big deal here all the way to 1A.  We have 3A schools hitting 41s on occasion.  You could just take the country boys from BEast TX alone.  Those are all small town kids but like football they have good tracks to run on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

Texas would edge LA in that matchup, but this isn't the strongest event in LA right now.  LA has 7 kids under 48 for the 400.  Same thing for Texas all classes combined. The open 4 is where the LA talent is this year.

LA has some great 400m kids. I'm a track guy I keep up with it nationally as well.  Wold love to see that 4x100 and 4x200 from W. Feliciana run against TX elite.  they would get pushed and probably run much faster. That's one elite team

Another problem in LA is that so few football coaches and strength and condition coaches in this state respect track.  I've worked with a few local schools strength programs and you'll see at many schools that the football coaches don't want kids doing track for one reason or another and strength coaches have no clue how to incorporate speed into the spring training.  It's sad.  So much track talent wasted on bad coaching.

7 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Another problem in LA is that so few football coaches and strength and condition coaches in this state respect track.  I've worked with a few local schools strength programs and you'll see at many schools that the football coaches don't want kids doing track for one reason or another and strength coaches have no clue how to incorporate speed into the spring training.  It's sad.  So much track talent wasted on bad coaching.

Respect your track acumen and your postings throughout here on the track forum. And I respect your 🏈. I'm a fan of West Monroe. Great program.  La is still one of the top 10 track states in America. Small state great athletes every year. Lobos are a very good track program 

• Like 1

one thing about it is we have a great high school track season going on all across the country. yeah the kid in Louisiana the poll voter you have AHP in Florida in the 4x100  along with the woodlands and DeSoto. and that girls 4x100 from Georgia all underclassmen. They could hit 44s this year and be the 1st non Cali or TX team to do it.  The kid from Fl. In the 100 running 10.1s.  Good stuff

We are in good hands.

I don't care about the babbling nonsense and stand by post.

Saying Carthage is the best football team in TX pound for pound because they can compete with those poor track times at that  event is silly.

I guess 3A West Feliciana would BE the best football team in TX with their track times. Smdh 9_9

Anyone want to compare Carthage and West Feliciana track and football this past season?

I suppose NOT.

• Like 1

No one is talking about Carthage track making them pound for pound in football.  They Were the best pound for pound team in Texas last year and their track times would be among the best big Schools in La.  I guess a 42.7 sucks in the 4X100 9_9. I wonder how that sorry time would rank in La.. This really should just be a discussion among track guys.  Just go to the 2:40 Mark.  PEOPLE IN TEXAS THAT FOLLOW TEXAS FOOTBALL ALL WERE IN THE KNOW THEY WERE AMONG THE BEST IN TEXAS.  THAT TEAM WAS LOADED WITH THE BEST RB IN TEXAS.   Nothing to do with Track.  They went head up with Longview who we all just discovered suck in Track and would get killed in LA..  Carthage would be elite in Track in La in the sprints.  They were being compared to Longview head up in a TRACK MEET.

Arguably the best Pound for Pound in the State last year in Football by many Texans.  I will assure you I watched them in Person along with all the 6A Powers in State.  There were not 30 teams in Texas better than that team.  I judge teams on what I see in Person.  Anyone that saw that team in person will agree with me here in Texas.  Matter of Fact 4A DI arguably with 6A DI was the best in Texas last year.  And no they can't beat Allen/Lake Travis and neither can anyone in La.

Just go to the 2:40 mark.  I am sure these guys like myself go watch a lot of football.  But someone that has never seen one game of this team knows all about them.  That team was loaded for 4A.

http://www.texasfootball.com/bracket-breakdown-class-4a-division/