OT: HS track

golfaddict1

WVN no question.  I just finished watching his Lausanne race on dvr from today.  He ran the most relaxed 43.62, cruising in at the finish line.   He could very well run a sub 43 at World's.  

There was track airing on ESPN tonight.  Tracktown summer series.  Demps finished 2nd in the 100.  The most entertaining event was a character 'The Freeze' who dresses up in a stylish outfit and races spectators from 100 meters vs their 80 meters.  He finished 3rd this race.  The announcer mentioned his PR is 10.5 range and 21 and change 200 (see below vid)  so he can move and he definitely entertains the crowd.  It was funny seeing his top speed toward the end of the race vs everyone else. It really shows what a sprinter's speed looks like in comparison to others.  

Here's an example at a ballgame.  Lol.  Remember this is a 10.5/ 21 and change guy.  Imagine Demps or even better WVN (sub 20 200) running that guy down   Lol   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

WVN no question.  

Yeah, I'd probably agree.   It would have been an interesting, and it's something I'd still love to see, but even better in their primes.  Something tells me the competitor in Bolt would still make it a race though.  

Bolt has shown he can run sub 31 in the 300m (was a while back but in wet conditions) and WVN I think just ran his fastest (and I believe new WR) 30.81.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:51 AM, dan in daytona said:

Don't want to be a shallow and cude individual fellas, but checkout the "backside's" of those young Swiss ladies.......Oh my...

Track is where it's at :) ... sprinters to long distance to pole vaulters, the chicks attire and shapes are very fine.  

fyi, try college women's volleyball matches.  If you can handle that then try Beach volleyball, but don't say I didn't warn you lol.  

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Ararar said:

Wow.  Missed this mention.  Thx and a name to follow.  That's a sick time. 

Chad Johnson's daughter is 12 and is doing very well in the 400/800/1500 thus far.  Saw her mentioned with some AAU hardware and national record recently.  

MGX (Miami Gardens Express) 4x400 relay team of Brown (STA), Burns (MNW), Walton (Miramar) and Cooper (Norland) broke the 17-18 AAU record...  ever hear of AAU Westbank Eagle? :) 

They torched the "exclusive" USTAF only events record btw :) 

Any event with these 4 for an exclusive national record, it's theirs.   Had Tyquan Thornton ran from BTW instead of Brown, they likely run 3:03 and change like they did with the LA youngster.   

Will the IAAF.org site acknowledge this run as the top U20 4x400 this season?  Or will they keep a slower Japanese "club" team as the leader? Edit:  lol a Japanese HS team bested their club national, dipping from 3:09 to 3:08.  My luck... well plenty of club and all star teams on that IAAF list to see so take your pick.  This AAU time belongs at the top spot and is top 40 in the senior group too currently 2017.

IMG_2451.PNG

IMG_2452.PNG

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/216753-meet-the-2017-pan-american-junior-championships-track-and-field-team?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=article&utm_term=meetteam&rtid=&coverage_id=

USA Pan American junior championships roster for Peru this weekend with some common names we toss around here.  

Looks like Cooper will meet his Jamaican clone Christopher Taylor (Calabar HS, Jamaica) and race for the first time in the 200.  Both are better in the 400.  

23 hours ago, 954gator said:

Damn Taylor put it on Cooper.   Cooper hasn't really been able to progress much below 20.5.  

Walton's time is very impressive.

I was expecting the hs record in the 400 this year as well as regular sub 20.5's.  Still plenty of hardware this year.   He won't turn 18 until after the indoor season and the outdoor season he has a few events and even at 18 who cares.  It's hs age.    Now his senior year he still begins at 18 but I don't think he'll race hs events after another full year anyway.  I think Smoke has more hp coming but we will know soon enough next year.   Was he overworked or has he reached his peak?  He deserves a break after the 4x400 today... interested to see what time they put up in the finals.    

I have to laugh at you for a couple reasons.  First, I haven't posted in this thread for almost two months and you decided to drop my name, and then secondly the fact that you don't get that you just proved my point that the time from NM wasn't a record.  And considering I've actually coaches some AAU National Champions, I guess the questions isn't have I heard of it, but rather have you learned the difference between the AAU 17-18 age group and u18/u20?  Thanks for the entertainment though!

Way to focus on the amazing effort today. As a coach you probably belittle a kid for dropping a baton from 5 years ago.  

That irrelevant and very slow record that multiple media sources and myself got wrong yes... the red headed step sister of the 4x400 records I fully get and appreciate.  Now we have legit times thanks to the AAU and Pan Am Juniors recently.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 7:14 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Thomas Burns of MNW rips a 44.58 anchor and what a finish!   Gator, there's your answer on his prowess not jumping over hurdles.   Well done East Orange, NJ!  Takes down a strong MNW team.  

Burns with hurdles... takes the W.  

Gator, Thomas Burns moved to PA to live with his brother Artie.  Pine Richland plays on ESPN again this season.   

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2017/08/09/Artie-Burns-brother-Thomas-transfer-decommit-miami-recruiting-football-track-and-field-Pine-Richland/stories/201708090120?pgpageversion=pgevoke

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

wow that's random.  I wonder if he was having trouble with the depth chart at MNW?  They have a pretty loaded secondary. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

wow that's random.  I wonder if he was having trouble with the depth chart at MNW?  They have a pretty loaded secondary. 

Can only guess, but based on the article I think he is very tight with his brother and missed him.  The article mentioned that he almost moved last year.  Maybe this gives Penn St  an edge with regards to track and maybe football.  

• 7 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 12:49 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Yesterday was the prelims for the New Balance national indoors track portion, but the field events were in play and it was all about "Mondo", who's still just a junior!

U-20 world record and eclipsed 19 feet yesterday with a 19' 1" vault (first in HS to break 19)... kid is so calm and focused, I watched it live on runnerspace.com    What a future...  here is a video clip.

@westbankeagle @RedZone @Texasball

My first post on Mondo last year I believe...   I totally dig this guy's talent and ability fyi.  :)   I post hs football like track, I know FL better but I try to give all states a look and know the elites.  CA, TX, AZ, NJ, NY, GA, VA and LA (2 athletes) are among states of hs kids I've brought up on the forum prior off the top of my head.