OT: HS track

golfaddict1

1 hour ago, westbankeagle said:

Golf, 0-2?

Right now indeed but that youth site doesn't update often.  Not sure why the IAAF site doesn't reflect the 3:03.35 time in either the 2017 timed list (should be 18th) or the top U20 time.  

Last year's 39.20 by the Texas 4 at the same event shows.  All star hybrid times from Florida Relays show there, so it's odd to me.  I may need to contact them to set them straight. Lol.  When all 4 are wearing a USA logo on their chest,  Cayman Islands doesn't much matter one would think.  

As per the milesplit writer, it's a youth American record.  I feel the same way, whether official, unofficial, hybrid, whatever.  No team of 18 or under has ever ran faster.  If the USATF wants to honor that they can update the site.  If not, so be it.   

I can deal with 1-1.  I may ban the IAAF site until it's posted. :) 

https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/relays/4x100-metres-relay/outdoor/men/senior/2016    #63 best in world time by the Texas 4 last year.

#5 U20 in the world last year...  https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/relays/4x100-metres-relay/outdoor/men/u20/2016

Jamal Walton is far left... the jersey doesn't say Cayman Islands.  It was a USA effort and should be noted on that site as was last year's all-star Texas squad.  

Here is the current 2017 U20 4x400 rankings list... https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/relays/4x400-metres-relay/outdoor/men/u20/2017

USA's 3:03.35 blistered those times.   

Here is the current 2017 4x400 rankings list (senior)  https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/relays/4x400-metres-relay/outdoor/men/senior/2017

You will notice #2 Empire Athletics (all stars), Altis right below at #3, US Red #16, Pure Athletics #31, Akan track club from Jamaica #55, GC Striders Jamaica #61...

I rest my case.  They belong.  

7 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

You know that wasn't a USATF USA squad right? That was a meet organized USA squad. It has no bearing on Team USA.

It was an american youth record unless you can share a better time historically.  All-star or not.  

7 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I rest my case at 2-0. No "feelings of belonging" involved. Just straight facts.

...and yet the Texas squad was listed on the IAAF site... go figure.   Not bowing to IAAF site yet. :)  0-2 with facts.  

On 6/12/2017 at 1:35 AM, Texasball said:

Damn Florida wins NCAA title by 2 points over A&M and they won 1st place in both the Triple Jump and Long jump by recruiting El Paso Texas Athlete KeAndre Bates who won both!!!

Just saying!

Both outstanding programs... UF won the recruiting war for Bates, nothing more to say.  I'm sure A&M wouldn't mind having Holloway.   

The women's final was just as exciting as it came down to the 4x400... STA grad Kendall Ellis (JR) just came up short in the anchor for USC in a hotly contested race with Oregon (who won the title by needing to finish first).  Both Ellis and the Oregon anchor ran well under 50 splits.   Ellis took 3rd in the 400 final.  

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Both outstanding programs... UF won the recruiting war for Bates, nothing more to say.  I'm sure A&M wouldn't mind having Holloway.   

The women's final was just as exciting as it came down to the 4x400... STA grad Kendall Ellis (JR) just came up short in the anchor for USC in a hotly contested race with Oregon (who won the title by needing to finish first).  Both Ellis and the Oregon anchor ran well under 50 splits.   The two finished 2nd and 3rd in the 400 finals earlier.  

Doesn't Oregon have big time 400m girl from Houston?  She won 3 or 4 titles already

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

Doesn't Oregon have big time 400m girl from Houston?  She won 3 or 4 titles already

Raevyn Rogers is the 800m champ from Texas, but she ran the anchor vs. Ellis in the 4x400.   I watched so late I didn't realize it was Rogers even running.  She's a fierce competitor.  

29 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Raevyn Rogers is the 800m champ from Texas, but she ran the anchor vs. Ellis in the 4x400.   I watched so late I didn't realize it was Rogers even running.  She's a fierce competitor.  

I believe Rogers has won 6-8 National titles in different events of the years.  Maybe more both Indoor and outdoor.

They had another girl from TX on that 4x400 team - I believe but not confirmed.

17 hours ago, Texasball said:

Raevyn Rogers was the only Texan on the Oregon 4x400

However, they had 2 from Atlanta GA and the other was from NY

Oregon does not discriminate.  I would go to Oregon if I was a big time athlete.  You should see all the gear my cousin has.

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/214636-full-brooks-pr-invitational-entry-list?utm_campaign=Brooks2017PRInvitational&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=article&utm_term=fullentrylist

Cooper not in 400... that sucks.  Still a very nice 100 and 400 field. 

Horne Jr and Walton will play football for Miramar this season.