OT: HS track

golfaddict1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I think Barnes gets him in a better lane.  Just my opinion though.

22 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I think Barnes gets him in a better lane.  Just my opinion though.

Barnes hadn't broken 21 prior to that race, so for sure he's peaking and benefited from a fast track.   Cooper I don't think is at full speed from tweaking his hammy prior to states.  He benefited from a fast Oregon track to run a pr.  I was expecting a sub 20.5 from Cooper and do expect him to run another pr this outdoor season along with giving the 400 a sub 45 go.  

Ronnie Baker took field in the 100. De Grasse finished 4th.  Gatlin 3rd of think.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Barnes hadn't broken 21 prior to that race, so for sure he's peaking and benefited from a fast track.   Cooper I don't think is at full speed from tweaking his hammy prior to states.  He benefited from a fast Oregon track to run a pr.  I was expecting a sub 20.5 from Cooper and do expect him to run another pr this outdoor season along with giving the 400 a sub 45 go.  

Ronnie Baker took field in the 100. De Grasse finished 4th.  Gatlin 3rd of think.   

Tori also won the 200 over the best field in the world.

On 5/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Great race.  Talk about some fast 200m times.   I just hope Cooper can get better and doesn't peak.   It's going to be hard to be able to hold off these faster 100m sprinters.   

• Like 1

Cooper will be facing more Texans this weekend... should be interesting.   Here he is with a pb of 20.51 last week and Christian Coleman just ripped a 19.85 in NCAA Eastern regionals lol!   He needs to run another 40.  The collegiate kids Kerley and Coleman are sure fun to watch right now.  

Team Texas beats Team USA in 4 x 200 relay at Great Southwest Relay.  Not sure who was running for either team.

Calls out Team Florida in the 4 x 400 - Pretty stupid cause Florida has good 400m kids at the event and don't see the best from Texas - we will see the results later tonight.

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

http://www.milesplit.com/videos/219499

After more review, I guess it was team Florida who said they will run 3:09 4x400 to win the race vs team Texas.  

It would be really cool to see the best from both states.  Maybe this will lead to bigger things in the future

I would think 3:09 would be a slow time for a "team Fl".   I mean Miami Northwestern ran what a 3:10 with maybe one semi elite 400m guy on the team.