OT: HS track

golfaddict1

On 4/29/2017 at 10:45 PM, Texasball said:

USA vs the world at the Penn Relay results

PL SCHOOL/AFFILIATION MARK ATHLETES ID  
1 USAr.gifUSA Red 38.87 LeShon Collins, Wallace Spearmon, Beejay Lee, John Teeters USAr  
2 JAM.gifJamaica 39.01 Kevaun Rattray, Oshane Bailey, Kavean Smith, Jevaughn Minzie JAM  
3 DOM.gifDominican Republic 40.32 Christopher Valdez, Juander Santos, Carlos Rafael Jorge, Melique Garcia DOM  
4 GUY.gifGuyana 40.52 Jeremy Bascom, Adam Harris, Winston George, Tevin Garraway GUY  
5 HAI.gifHaiti 43.29 Robert Moise, Marc Hebert-Desir, Donaldo Benjamin, Shnyden Pierre HAI  
  USAb.gifUSA Blue DNF Quentin Butler, Clayton Vaughn, Cordero Gray, Remontay McLain USAb  

That's a solid triple first name right there. 

• Like 1

AHP - hit a grand slam when they ran the 40.17 -  looking at all their meet results they run mostly between 40.60 and 41+

the year Ft Worth Wyatt set the national record they ran under 40 flat 4 different times.

Not sure if Port Arthur Memorial will run any faster than the 40.38 they ran recently...They have lowered their best time each of the last several meets.

District April 12 - ran  40.51

Area - April 20 - ran 40,42

Regional - April 28 ran 40.38

-----------------------------------

In all of AHP meets this year they have only ran faster than the above times 1 time  On March 30th - when they ran Prelim 41.09 then came back in the final with 40.17

AHP - District April 19 ran 40.64

Regional April 27 40.64

Dang Florida boys had to run against the wind in every single Sprint race during the state finals causing slower than usual times in every division.

In the 4x100 only one team in all the divisions ran under 41 flat - 40.97 

Texas State Finals will take place this Thursday - Friday.

Expecting good weather Friday and Saturday!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Dang Florida boys had to run against the wind in every single Sprint race during the state finals causing slower than usual times in every division.

I was really expecting a big time from their Anthony Schwartz but injures did him in.  

I'm expecting some big time speed from the Texas Championships.

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

Yup, pretty much... here are the results for others to check if interested.    

http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/5.5.17fhsaafinals/results/#tabs1-2

1 Smart, Chauncy            12 Auburndale HS          10.68      10.56  -3.0  10   
2 Cooper, Tyrese            10 Miami Norland HS       10.63      10.63  -3.0   8 

Smart found another gear and lowered his prelims to 10.56, while Cooper was max'd at 10.63 again.   Cooper took the 400 easily in 45.51

Finals                                                                          
  1 Cooper, Tyrese            10 Miami Norland HS       46.29      45.51   10   
  2 Bell, Duran               12 Hillsborough HS        47.01      46.41    8   
  3 Forbes, Leander           12 Leon HS                46.66      46.60    6   
  4 Toomer, Tiondre           12 Northwestern           47.41      47.08    5  
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

golf- Have you heard of Tyrees Moultou form Az.? He ran a 47.49 400 the other day in state meet. Have not followed this year as usual.

I haven't Jimbo, but I did catch Devon Allen's first pro race over the weekend... finished 2nd, tight race and he had good form being 7 months out from ACL surgery (2nd).  

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I haven't Jimbo, but I did catch Devon Allen's first pro race over the weekend... finished 2nd, tight race and he had good form being 7 months out from ACL surgery (2nd).  

I'll see if I can find out more of his times.

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

He's a junior from North Canyon HS. Personal bests are 46.62 (400), 21.36 (200) and10.70 (100).

On 5/8/2017 at 4:55 PM, TheRealCAJ said:

Not really earth shattering, but Rummel 4* WR JaMarr Chase won state in the long jump good enough for 18th nationally. His first season ever doing it. He's a nice basketball player too.

18. 11 JaMarr Chase*    24' 2.25 PR (1.4)  LA  Archbishop Rummel  May 06  LHSAA Class 5A State Championship

https://www.athletic.net/result/L6iqRegUzIMAvm6Cn/   This is a kid you need to keep reporting on... 9th grader Sean Burrell ripping a 46.29 in states with a very nice progression during the season.   Zachary HS.  That's currently the 6th best time this year.    

GA followers should keep an eye on Brian Herron, #5 in nation currently as a soph.  His best is 46.15 and he has states left.  

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.athletic.net/result/L6iqRegUzIMAvm6Cn/   This is a kid you need to keep reporting on... 9th grader Sean Burrell ripping a 46.29 in states with a very nice progression during the season.   Zachary HS.  That's currently the 6th best time this year.    

I was going to post about it, but went with the Rummel story,,,,Sean Burrell is a football player too, played on the Zachery freshman team last year..

On 5/8/2017 at 9:59 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Yup, pretty much... here are the results for others to check if interested.    

http://www.halfmiletiming.com/live-results/2017/5.5.17fhsaafinals/results/#tabs1-2

1 Smart, Chauncy            12 Auburndale HS          10.68      10.56  -3.0  10   
2 Cooper, Tyrese            10 Miami Norland HS       10.63      10.63  -3.0   8 

Smart found another gear and lowered his prelims to 10.56, while Cooper was max'd at 10.63 again.   Cooper took the 400 easily in 45.51

Finals                                                                          
  1 Cooper, Tyrese            10 Miami Norland HS       46.29      45.51   10   
  2 Bell, Duran               12 Hillsborough HS        47.01      46.41    8   
  3 Forbes, Leander           12 Leon HS                46.66      46.60    6   
  4 Toomer, Tiondre           12 Northwestern           47.41      47.08    5  

Florida has some good 400m kids this year.

8 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Always loaded with 1/4 milers ( an old goat ). Think the hurdler from Miami Northwestern Thomas Burns will follow in the footsteps of the great American 400m hurdlers, Edwin Moses and Bershawn "Batman" Jackson (Miami Central). 

Miami just wants him for track, so he decommitted for now.  He may decide on Miami if he opts to pursue track only.  He still has an interest to do both in college, but imo if he does well enough this summer in track his last year of football will be at MNW.   I enjoyed reading that he won't attend spring football and continue to work on track for now. Too many nice events upcoming to do spring ball.  Smart move.