OT: HS track

golfaddict1

This is why their stick game in the Relays are the best in the world.

100M HS Kids Japan National Qualifiers

100 Meters  Mark-RegionalQualifyingRound - Finals x

1. 11 Satoru Fukushima   10.41a PR Toyama - Shogyou Sr
2. 11 Daisuke Miyamoto   10.49a Kyoto - Rakunan Jr-Sr
    Ryouma Nakamura   10.55a Kyoto
    Yuuya Nakawaki   10.55a Mie Prefecture
5. 12 Yuusaku Takahashi   10.57a PR Gunma - Takasaki HS
    Taiki Nakamichi   10.59a Shizuoka Prefecture
    Kazushi Okada   10.60a Saitama Prefecture
    Kazuki Tamura   10.61a Yamaguhi Prefecture
    Kouki Ikeoka   10.62a Ishikawa Prefecture
    Kensei Shimotai   10.63a Aomori Prefecture
10. 12 Soushi Mizukubo   10.63a PR Miyazaki - Miyazaki ...
10. 12 Tatsuya Hanada   10.63a PR Shimane - Taisha
10. 11 Motoki Kuroki   10.63a

Tokyo1 - Tokyo

200m Japan HS kids

1. 11 Yoshinobu Imoto   20.97a Kyoto - Rakunan Jr-Sr
2. 12 Ryuuga Matsuo   21.09a PR Hiroshima - Pref. Ka...
    Kazuki Tamura   21.13a Yamaguhi Prefecture
4. 11 Ryouhei Saitou   21.25a PR Yamagata - KunoriGak...
    Naoki Kitadani   21.36a Hyogo Prefecture
5. 11 Satoru Fukushima   21.36a PR Toyama - Shogyou Sr
7. 11 Yuuto Takimoto   21.37a PR Osaka - Kansai U Hok...
8. 12 Ryouto Murakami   21.42a PR Shizuoka - Hamamatsu...
9. 11 Daisuke Miyamoto   21.47a PR Kyoto - Rakunan Jr-Sr
    Shinya Furuta   21.48a Aichi Prefecture
10. 12 Soushi Mizukubo   21.48a Miyazaki - Miyazaki ...
    Takumi Iiduka   21.49a Shizuoka Prefecture

That HS Kyoto-Rakunan Has the fastest kid in Japan in the 100m with a 10.49 and the fastest kid in the 200m with a 20.9.  That is why they ran a sub 40.00 and with their handoffs.  If the kids in TX and Fl could master that I believe we would have a few sub 40's.  People don't understand how crucial that is when you are talking seconds. For instance Valodosta running a 42.5 could easily beat a 41.8 school on any day of the week.

30 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Great story no doubt.  And here it is to relive:  A freaking 3:09. Got damn Goosebumps watching this race. Best damn Spectator sport in the World. GOAT 4X400 .

• Like 1

Another view. Crazy Poly's 3rd leg had the slowest split but ran the most incredible leg IMO.   I wish the best of Ca, Fl. and Tx could participate in this meet. In Texas we are having the Regionals and Cali runs the latest Track Schedule.  Great Job Poly a beast of a Program.  Know to play a lil football as well.  

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That HS Kyoto-Rakunan Has the fastest kid in Japan in the 100m with a 10.49 and the fastest kid in the 200m with a 20.9.  That is why they ran a sub 40.00 and with their handoffs.  If the kids in TX and Fl could master that I believe we would have a few sub 40's.  People don't understand how crucial that is when you are talking seconds. For instance Valodosta running a 42.5 could easily beat a 41.8 school on any day of the week.

I think that the Texans do really focus on the handoffs in the relays.  Texasball does a great job of keeping us all informed on all of the relay times.  The Jamaicans have more than a few high school squads that dip under 40.00 every year and will this week at the Penn Relays.  That is why I know they aren't going anywhere even when Usain hangs up his spikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

I read that as well.  I didn't realize Blake was a 400m guy.  

We are surely a minority here lol... I thought the same thing initially.  I do recall Bolt running the 400 well, looks like on IAAF he ran a 45.28 once 10 years ago.  Can you imagine his kick if he trained for the 400?  Shit.   

The Penn Relays will have an excellent 400 field, but not Van Niekerk (yea, Wayne is easier lol).  

Kamara is freaking superman...  watch his interesting high jump move lol.   Just craziness with athleticism these kids.  Cook's stock went down for the draft I read perhaps?   Watch this vid, lol.  If the Giants take him I won't be sad.  OT preferred, but their running game sucked for too long.  

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

We are surely a minority here lol... I thought the same thing initially.  I do recall Bolt running the 400 well, looks like on IAAF he ran a 45.28 once 10 years ago.  Can you imagine his kick if he trained for the 400?  Shit.   

The Penn Relays will have an excellent 400 field, but not Van Niekerk (yea, Wayne is easier lol).  

If Bolt trained to run the 400, 200 like I though he would as a youngster, he would have that 400m record looking ridiculous.  I feel very confident in saying that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

If Bolt trained to run the 400, 200 like I though he would as a youngster, he would have that 400m record looking ridiculous.  I feel very confident in saying that.

Yea, hard to put anything against Bolt...  The World's this summer setup the dates ideally and on purpose to set up 200/400 double attempts for the men and women.  

Bolt, Wayne, de Grasse 200 final this summer?  We can hope!   

Great stuff here lately.  Man L.B. Poly ran a helluva 4x400.  That 3rd leg handled his business and I never new Blake ran the 400m in H.S.   Looking forward to the Penn Relays will tape it I will be at the 6A region 1 and 5A region II Finals here in Arlington this weekend.  Should be some great times and yes NPTB17 we have had some crazy winds here the last week. Again good stuff from both of you and TexasBall.  I will give him a call soon and hopefully we can watch some T&F together this weekend.

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I wish Japan sent their kids to the Penn.  I know that is a helluva trip but damn did you see their 4x100 times.  18 teams under 41:00 and a sub 40:00.  They are not going away either. 

The Penn Relays would be a great meet for Japan to send some of their schools to.  It has become a pro Jamaican crowd which makes it a blast imo.

We are F'd with the USATF.TV  being a paid site for the live stream.  I do see NBC Sports listed so I will check some times for the TV airings of the Penn Relays.  I will edit/add here. 

OK, looks good...  NBC Sports will air live tomorrow from 5:30 - 6:30 EST and Saturday from 12:30 - 3:00 EST also live.  Afterwards, NBC Sports will air the Drake Relays (Iowa) from 3 - 5 EST.  

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Great stuff here lately.  Man L.B. Poly ran a helluva 4x400.  That 3rd leg handled his business and I never new Blake ran the 400m in H.S.   Looking forward to the Penn Relays will tape it I will be at the 6A region 1 and 5A region II Finals here in Arlington this weekend.  Should be some great times and yes NPTB17 we have had some crazy winds here the last week. Again good stuff from both of you and TexasBall.  I will give him a call soon and hopefully we can watch some T&F together this weekend.

I was asking a couple of weeks ago about a strategy in the 4x400.  I was mainly asking you and golf.  Do you think it would be good to put your two fastest 400m guys 1st and 3rd in the 4x400?  I was thinking that your top guy could get out to a nice lead and your second guy would just hold the lead.  I would have my fastest guy going third to really open it up and let my 4th leg coast.  I'm talking about the really good squads and not the b and c teams.

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I was asking a couple of weeks ago about a strategy in the 4x400.  I was mainly asking you and golf.  Do you think it would be good to put your two fastest 400m guys 1st and 3rd in the 4x400?  I was thinking that your top guy could get out to a nice lead and your second guy would just hold the lead.  I would have my fastest guy going third to really open it up and let my 4th leg coast.  I'm talking about the really good squads and not the b and c teams.

I like my 2 fastest on the 1st and 4th.  I like the 2nd leg as my weakest.   The 4x400 is such a mental and more strategic.  I feel just the opposite I need my Anchor to be a horse.  Interesting.  I would have set mine up like the L.B. Poly coach went more times than not.  Who are the best U.S. Teams in the Penn this year?  T.C. Williams did not embarrass us last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I like my 2 fastest on the 1st and 4th.  I like the 2nd leg as my weakest.   The 4x400 is such a mental and more strategic.  I feel just the opposite I need my Anchor to be a horse.  Interesting.  I would have set mine up like the L.B. Poly coach went more times than not.  Who are the best U.S. Teams in the Penn this year?  T.C. Williams did not embarrass us last year.

I like you usually like the beast 1st and 4th but I have been thinking about different strategies.