1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Staying with the same theme in the 4x400

Texas holds down the following national rankings

7 0f the top 10

15 of the top 25

29 of the top 50

38 of the top 70

54 of the top 100

Again better than the entire rest of the nation.

Florida has 16 in the top 100 of the 4x400

Florida has 19 in the top 100 of the 4x100

Staying with the same theme in the 4x400

Texas holds down the following national rankings

7 0f the top 10

15 of the top 25

29 of the top 50

38 of the top 70

54 of the top 100

Again better than the entire rest of the nation.

It's the magical Relays wind here in Texas it magically shifts behind the Kid with Baton.  That is the only explanation that vs. the Nation Tx per Capita is ridiculous. LOL

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It's the magical Relays wind here in Texas it magically shifts behind the Kid with Baton.  That is the only explanation that vs. the Nation Tx per Capita is ridiculous. LOL

Per DyeStat in the 4x100 

Texas owns 51% of the top 100 spots in this event up to this point

Texas has 1145 teams with recorded times on the web-site 

The rest of the Nation has had 9066 teams with recorded times on the web-site

I am still waiting for the northern teams to make impact on the national 4 x100 national rankings.

It's nearly May now.

Texas still holds down

7 of the top 10

15 of the top 25

31 of the top 50

40 of the top 70

51 of the top 100

When you are better than the entire rest of the nation, I guess the per capita BS doesn't really matter

Florida holds down 19 spots in the national top 100 in the 4x100

California holds down 7 spots - proving being a big state is not the only factor for producing elite teams.

What has happened to California?  Mark my words this is some evidence that California Football has been on the down slide in overall quality of it's high school football.  In football this state is down to the one small league of teams mostly private recruited schools that play high quality HS football.  I am not going to knock down those teams as several of them are really good  - CC - SJB - DLS - MD and some others-  All in all track is a very good indicator that the level of athlete is down in this state.

18 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Florida holds down 19 spots in the national top 100 in the 4x100

California holds down 7 spots - proving being a big state is not the only factor for producing elite teams.

What has happened to California?  Mark my words this is some evidence that California Football has been on the down slide in overall quality of it's high school football.  In football this state is down to the one small league of teams mostly private recruited schools that play high quality HS football.  I am not going to knock down those teams as several of them are really good  - CC - SJB - DLS - MD and some others-  All in all track is a very good indicator that the level of athlete is down in this state.

One of the dumbest things you've ever posted and I knew you were trending this way.  

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Did you watch any of the IAAF relays old friend and what did you think about the USA overall?

I watched all the footage you and Golf posted.  Great races, but underwhelming times imo.  I expected the 4x100 m to be faster in both the men and women.  4x200 times were great when you take into consideration the wet track.  I think we all are sleeping on what Canada has going on right now.  De Grasse  is the man right now.  I can't wait to see how low Wade can go this summer as well.

• Like 1

Just now, nptb17 said:

I watched all the footage you and Golf posted.  Great races, but underwhelming times imo.  I expected the 4x100 m to be faster in both the men and women.  4x200 times were great when you take into consideration the wet track.  I think we all are sleeping on what Canada has going on right now.  De Grasse  is the man right now.  I can't wait to see how low Wade can go this summer as well.

Yes but many thought Canada would win the 4x100 as well.   I feel better about the future of USA track.  I do think Jamaica has about a year left with Bolt dominating then it will be USA, Canada and Japan.  Still don't understand why they didn't send their big 4 to this event.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes but many thought Canada would win the 4x100 as well.   I feel better about the future of USA track.  I do think Jamaica has about a year left with Bolt dominating then it will be USA, Canada and Japan.  Still don't understand why they didn't send their big 4 to this event.

Yea, we are pretty solid for the future.  There were a ton of big dogs not present at this meet so I shouldn't have expected any records.  Still that 4x100 for our men was average.

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

Yea, we are pretty solid for the future.  There were a ton of big dogs not present at this meet so I shouldn't have expected any records.  Still that 4x100 for our men was average.

Indeed but also they were not really pushed either in the final. At least the 4 got the Baton around which is always a risk with us. Did you see our ladies 4x100 where the 1st leg fell in the curve.  Terrible.

12 hours ago, nptb17 said:

One of the dumbest things you've ever posted and I knew you were trending this way.  

Colquitt County ran the 4x100 7 times thus far this season, going from 47.98 to 44.68 ...   AHP has the nation leading time of 40.17

They played last year, 17-14 AHP won in a tight contest late.   A placekicker had a tad more to do with the outcome than a smooth baton handoff.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Indeed but also they were not really pushed either in the final. At least the 4 got the Baton around which is always a risk with us. Did you see our ladies 4x100 where the 1st leg fell in the curve.  Terrible.

Yeah it looked like she clipped the girl in the lane below her.  She was really straddling the line before the exchange.

8 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Yeah it looked like she clipped the girl in the lane below her.  She was really straddling the line before the exchange.

Trinidad and Tobago DQ'd in the prelims of the 4x100.  STA grad St. Fort was waiting for the baton and it never came.  

DQ's are especially painful in Relays due to 1 person affecting 3 others.  

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Trinidad and Tobago DQ'd in the prelims of the 4x100.  STA grad St. Fort was waiting for the baton and it never came.  

DQ's are especially painful in Relays due to 1 person affecting 3 others.  

Right, it was a sloppy race all the way around.  US and Jamaica are at a disadvantage because the pool is so deep to draw from and there really isn't time to build a very good cohesive team.

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Agreed on Degrasse.   I think he might take the 100 and 200 in the next olympics.   

We got some young beast in the 200 and 400 so we shouldn't make it easy for him, but he trains with the Jamaicans along with Wade from South Africa.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Agreed on Degrasse.   I think he might take the 100 and 200 in the next olympics.   

If he's healthy and Bolt doesn't come back (Even Phelps may be getting antsy again lol) I think he wins both and Canada will have a good shot at the 4x100 also.  

Gatlin sure knows De Grasse speed right now...  I don't see anyone beating him at the World's (Olympics) 100 or 200.  World's will be tough with Bolt's swan song.  

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Colquitt County ran the 4x100 7 times thus far this season, going from 47.98 to 44.68 ...   AHP has the nation leading time of 40.17

They played last year, 17-14 AHP won in a tight contest late.   A placekicker had a tad more to do with the outcome than a smooth baton handoff.  

Also, it needs to be said, that only a couple of starters from the football team also start for track. A few of the underclassmen and a few guys on the football roster also run track though. Just not many of the starters. Shamburger is the first one that pops into my mind as a starter for both. Some of the fastest guys on the football team just don't run track here and this is while one of the football coaches is also a track coach.

As I said before, maybe the new track facilities that are currently under construction will attract more of the starter crossovers from the football program, and then we can find out first hand if there is a direct and noticeable translation to winning more games and/or producing faster track kids and teams. In all honesty, I'm interested to find out/know, after reading so much about it here.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, it needs to be said, that only a couple of starters from the football team also start for track. A few of the underclassmen and a few guys on the football roster also run track though. Just not many of the starters. Shamburger is the first one that pops into my mind as a starter for both. Some of the fastest guys on the football team just don't run track here and this is while one of the football coaches is also a track coach.

As I said before, maybe the new track facilities that are currently under construction will attract more of the starter crossovers from the football program, and then we can find out first hand if there is a direct and noticeable translation to winning more games and/or producing faster track kids and teams. In all honesty, I'm interested to find out/know, after reading so much about it here.

Participation does vary with the top schools we discuss here with regards to track, but let's have a look at GA's top 10  4x100 times thus far... with Grayson, Roswell and Valdosta added.  

1.  Westlake  2.  Cedar Shoals  3. Arabian Mountain  4.  Parkview   5.  SW Dekalb  6.  Grady  7.  Peach County  8.  Hillgrove (Cobb)  9.  South Gwinnett   10.  Archer

13.  Grayson  (41.69)  #44.  Roswell  (42.40)  ... and last but never least,  VALDOSTA!     #59 in state (42.62)

What's next, bench press reps to determine football superiority?   Athletes will be athletic.   Speed is one attribute.  So is weight... and the skill set kids are down on weight during track.  Once the season is over, they can't get to the gym and calorie intake fast enough.  Different mindset, different sport.  

Competition, getting used to the edge of performance and staying in shape... that's why football coaches like their kids participating in more than 1 sport.  Track, basketball, Lax, baseball, wrestling, etc.  doesn't matter.  Just be active and keep the competitive juices flowing.   

Imo, anything more than this correlation is simply bs.   Annually we go through with this and annually HS track thread turns into a TX relays overdose.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Participation does vary with the top schools we discuss here with regards to track, but let's have a look at GA's top 10  4x100 times thus far... with Grayson, Roswell and Valdosta added.  

1.  Westlake  2.  Cedar Shoals  3. Arabian Mountain  4.  Parkview   5.  SW Dekalb  6.  Grady  7.  Peach County  8.  Hillgrove (Cobb)  9.  South Gwinnett   10.  Archer

13.  Grayson  (41.69)  #44.  Roswell  (42.40)  ... and last but never least,  VALDOSTA!     #59 in state (42.62)

What's next, bench press reps to determine football superiority?   Athletes will be athletic.   Speed is one attribute.  So is weight... and the skill set kids are down on weight during track.  Once the season is over, they can't get to the gym and calorie intake fast enough.  Different mindset, different sport.  

Competition, getting used to the edge of performance and staying in shape... that's why football coaches like their kids participating in more than 1 sport.  Track, basketball, Lax, baseball, wrestling, etc.  doesn't matter.  Just be active and keep the competitive juices flowing.   

Imo, anything more than this correlation is simply bs.   Annually we go through with this and annually HS track thread turns into a TX relays overdose.   

golf I agree with you on this. But would be interested to look at the Schools in the big 4 that runs 42.00 and under in the 4x100 and see how many are football powers. For the other football states Like LA, AL, SC, PA, OH 44:00 and under because only the big 4 are capable of having multiple teams running sub 42's.  As you know that is quite fast for HS 4x100.  Would be interesting to see what type of schools would fall into this category as far as their Football pedigree goes.  Believe me Valdosta running a 42.62 @ #59 in State is sort of a misnomer when that would probably put them among the fastest top 10 in every state not named Ga. Tx, Fl, and Ca and if those 4 kids play football I think they would be a difference maker with speed.  Not saying this makes you a great football team.  Just interest to me with what you posted. 

• Like 1

Just a quick look Valdosta's 42.62 would be tied for 10th in La. with Southern Lab,  J.C. has the fastest time @ 42.03.    They would be 7th in SC where Byrnes leads with a 41.76 the only school in that State under 42.00.  In AL they would be 11th just under Hoover with a 42.57 alot of football schools on that Bama list for what it's worth.  Ohio has football schools on its top 10 list. Valdosta would be 5th in Ohio just behind Sycamore's 42.62 and #1 is Lincoln with a 41.,77 the only sub 42. in that State.

What I am saying VALDOSTA is elite with their speed.  That tells you that Ga, like the other big 3 have some fast ass kids. 

I don't know if this a coincidence or not. Maybe Hawg or one of the Ga. guys can give more info.

Our kids did well,” said Valdosta head track and field coach Adam Carter. “We’ve pushed them as hard as we can since January…”

In its first season back in Class 6A, and with a dedicated track coach once again, the Wildcats are having a program resurgence.

Carter coached region-title winning track and field programs at Tift County and Camden before he joined Valdosta’s football staff as the defensive coordinator last year.

But for Carter, track and field isn’t just a way to fill his time outside of football season, he wants to push the team towards greatness.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nptb17 said:

We got some young beast in the 200 and 400 so we shouldn't make it easy for him, but he trains with the Jamaicans along with Wade from South Africa.

Man, I don't think anyone's gonna touch Van Niekerk.   The guy smoked two of the worlds best in the 400 like it was nothing.   I'm still shocked when I see the replay.  That shit was not human.

8 hours ago, nptb17 said:

This is why I am big on the Japanese and they already have the youngest relay team out there in the 4x100.  Look at their HS National qualifiers.   These kids can fly and not one of their asses play football xD

1.   Relay Team    39.93a  Kyoto - Rakunan Jr-Sr
    Relay Team    40.24a  Tokyo
3.   Relay Team    40.36a  Miyazaki - Miyazaki ...
    Relay Team    40.47a  Gifu Prefecture
    Relay Team    40.50a  Hyogo - Takigawa #2 HS
    Relay Team    40.55a Osaka Prefecture
    Relay Team    40.61a Hiroshima Prefecture
    Relay Team    40.68a Mie Prefecture
8.   Relay Team    40.68a Kumamoto - KyushuGak...
10.   Relay Team   40.70a Toyama - Shogyou Sr
11.   Relay Team   40.77a Tokyo1 - Tokyo
11.   Relay Team   40.77a Tokyo6 - Hachioji Sr...
    Relay Team   40.78a Yamanashi Prefecture
13.   Relay Team   40.78a Tochigi - Sakushin G...
    Relay Team   40.85a Kyoto
16.   Relay Team   40.86a Aichi - Okazaki Johs...
    Relay Team   40.88a Chiba Prefecture
18.   Relay Team   40.91a Saitama - Sakae Jr S...
    Relay Team   40.93a Aichi Prefecture
    Relay Team   41.01a Fukuoka Prefecture
    Relay Team   41.02a

Osaka Prefecture

There HS 4X400. 

1.   Relay Team    3:10.98a  Kyoto - Rakunan Jr-Sr
2.   Relay Team    3:11.24a  Kanagawa - Soyo Jr-Sr
    Relay Team    3:11.78a  Osaka Prefecture
4.   Relay Team    3:11.88a  Chiba - Narita Sr
    Relay Team    3:12.12a  Chiba Prefecture
          Hyogo - Takigawa #2 HS
7.   Relay Team    3:12.79a Tokyo1 - Tokyo
    Relay Team   3:13.23a Kyoto
9.   Relay Team   3:13.24a Kanagawa - Hosei - 2
    Relay Team   3:13.70a Tokyo
11.   Relay Team   3:14.03a Kumamoto - KyushuGak...
12.   Relay Team   3:14.15a Kagoshima - Kagoshim...
    Relay Team   3:14.35a Yamagata Prefecture
14.   Relay Team   3:14.49a Hyogo - Himeji Comme...
    Relay Team   3:14.55a Miyazaki Prefecture
    Relay Team   3:14.75a Kumamoto Prefecture
    Relay Team   3:14.83a Fukuoka Prefecture
    Relay Team   3:15.03a Mie
    Relay Team   3:15.05a Fukuoka Prefecture
20.   Relay Team   3:15.13a Iwate - Morioka Minami