OT: HS track

golfaddict1

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

How fast are the speed demons from Texas going to run when it's 36 degrees with 23mph winds.  

The fastest girls in Texas wouldn't have placed in SC, NC, VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, CO, WA, GA, AL, MS and I could go on.  That eliminates that 95 percent right there.  

I remember Dontre Wilson supposed to be the fastest thing that OSU ever seen and he gets to Columbus and he turns out to be just another fast guy and not the fastest on the team.

That was the Ohio st coach blowing smoke up peoples asses.  Fact is Wilson was not even the fastest kid at Desoto.  He was fast in the 200m he has ran 21.15 for his best time. Didn't even run the 100m except when he was soph and he never ran under 11 flat.

The problem with Wilson is his size and he has been injured some at ohio st....Fact is he was on the field at The Ohio State from the word go his freshman year until he got hurt.  So that is saying something and I believe that team won the national championship too.

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

That was the Ohio st coach blowing smoke up peoples asses.  Fact is Wilson was not even the fastest kid at Desoto.  He was fast in the 200m he has ran 21.15 for his best time. Didn't even run the 100m except when he was soph and he never ran under 11 flat.

The problem with Wilson is his size and he has been injured some at ohio st....Fact is he was on the field at The Ohio State from the word go his freshman year until he got hurt.  So that is saying something and I believe that team won the national championship too.

Ohio St plays a bunch of freshman and did so his freshman year.  And you were on the other board talking about how fast Wilson was so don't back track now.  

31 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let the season progress -  for example last season in the 100m -  Texas had 22 of the top 100 wind legal times and Florida had 11

Yet when put on the same track with some of the best sprinters in America - For example at the the great southwest meet - kid from Texas who had slower time in the 200 coming into the race actually out ran the cooper kid.

The remainder of the meets in Texas will all have wind readings - so look for those numbers to change.

2015 100m top wind legal times -  6 are from texas  and 26 of the top 100 are from Texas and 14 are from Florida

11 Devin Duvernay   10.27 PR (1.8) TX Garland Sachse May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
2. 12 Ryan Clark   10.32 PR (-.7) GA Banneker Apr 11 23rd Annual Taco Bell Track & Field
3. 11 TJ Brock   10.34 (1.8) CA Chaminade Jun 06 California State Championship Finals
  12 John Lewis   10.34 PR (.8) TX Willis May 16 UIL 5A State Championships
5. 12 Xavian Marks   10.39 PR (.8) TX Richmond George Ranch May 16 UIL 5A State Championships
6. 12 Chris Ntreh   10.40 (1.8) TX Plano East May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
  11 Brandon Taylor   10.40 (1.8) TX Clear Brook May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
8. 12 Ian Mack   10.45 (.1) NV Green Valley May 02 NIAA Southern Div 1 Regionals
9. 12 Tyreik Gray   10.46 PR (1.8) TX Houston Lamar May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
10. 11 Noah Lyles   10.47 (1.3) VA T C Williams Jun 06 VHSL 6A Outdoor State Championship

Now we talking about letting the season progress.  That is funny playa.

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Ohio St plays a bunch of freshman and did so his freshman year.  And you were on the other board talking about how fast Wilson was so don't back track now.  

he is fast - when going to ohio st he is just another fast guy.  It's not like Ohio is only getting kids from Ohio either and they are not just shipping any ole athlete

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

How fast are the speed demons from Texas going to run when it's 36 degrees with 23mph winds.  

The fastest girls in Texas wouldn't have placed in SC, NC, VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, CO, WA, GA, AL, MS and I could go on.  That eliminates that 95 percent right there.  

I remember Dontre Wilson supposed to be the fastest thing that OSU ever seen and he gets to Columbus and he turns out to be just another fast guy and not the fastest on the team.

He wasn't the fastest thing in Texas either.   When you say the Fastest girls from FL, CA and TX would not have placed that is not what I said. I said they would be elite runners in 95% of the country.  I Will take on S.C. which is a fast state as proof.  They would be top 10% out of 1358 Boys in South Carolina which is faster than the other states you listed what would not make them elite. Hell 11.24 is fast for a boy. 

The fastest 100M Girls from FL, and TX as an example

Both are among the top 10% of the list of Boys in SC in the 100m.  

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Event.aspx?DivID=81898&Event=1&type=4

Symone Mason  11.24 100m Miami Southride   She would be the 74th fastest boy in South Carolina> How the hell is that not among their elite when over 1300 are listed and she is faster than a lot of their big school sprinters

Sha'Carri Richardson  11.36 Dallas Carter She would be 113th among the fastest boys in that State.

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

He wasn't the fastest thing in Texas either.   When you say the Fastest girls from FL, CA and TX would not have placed that is not what I said. I said they would be elite runners in 95% of the country that is still true.  I Will take on S.C. which is a fast state as proof.  They would be top 100 out of 1358 Boys in South Carolina which is faster than the other states you listed and since boys listed are considered elite what would that make them.

The fastest 100M Girls from FL, and TX as an example

Both are among the top 10% of the list of Boys in SC in the 100m.  

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Event.aspx?DivID=81898&Event=1&type=4

Symone Mason  11.24 100m Miami Southride   She would be the 74th fastest boy in South Carolina> How the hell is that not among their elite when over 1300 are listed and she is faster than a lot of their big school sprinters

Sha'Carri Richardson  11.36 Dallas Carter She would be 113th among the fastest boys in that State.

What's your definition of elite?

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

What's your definition of elite?

We were talking about Texas speed they are not elite among TEXAS, GA, FL, Cali boys.  But they damn sure would be smoking a lot of boys in those other States.

You are a track guy you know 11.24 and 11.36 is moving pretty damn good and the majority of boys are not running sub 11's in H.S. either.  Those girls would do very well.  I will agree the fastest 5 boys in each state should beat them.   You will not have to skim down a States list too far to find boys running low 11's outside the big 4.  Good discussion we can always disagree admirably.  Have a good day sir and keep up the track news.  Take care.

Looking at Ohio 100m times

9 athletes out of 1513 have posted times under 11 flat (regardless of wind)  With fastest kid so far running 10.7 (had no wind reading)

Not one kid has ran sub 11 with legal wind reading.

The 4th fastest wind legal time in Ohio is 11.21 with +2.0  so far this year.

The 20th fastest regardless of the wind clocked 11.08 with +4.8 wind

I doubt very seriously running with +10.0 is going to put ohio in the same class as Texas.

I hope you understand - that none of this is to say that on Ohio is not going to produce some big timers on any given year.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at 2016 numbers is more fair to Ohio - since they probably haven't been running very long this year as of today.

100m last year all conditions - they had 58 kids run sub 11 flat out 2933 different athletes.

The fastest time was 10.46

The 2nd fastest time was 10.5 with +2.9 wind 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is based of 2016 numbers and athletes with registered times on dyestat

If you triple the number of athletes in ohio 2933 x 3 = 8799 total athletes in this event and triple the number of athletes who ran sub 11 - 58 x 3= 174

now compare that to Texas -  Texas has had 7560 athletes register times and 312 of them ran sub 11 flat.

now compare that to florida also - Florida had 3933 athletes with registered times and had 163 run sub 11 flat

The % for Texas and Florida are pretty close 

what about California -  They had 13,783 athletes with registered times on dyestat last year and only 184 of them ran sub 11 flat

California is proof that just being large state doesn't mean that you will automatically be the best. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

Interesting numbers right here between Texas and Florida.

See above the number of athletes and the number of athletes that ran sub 11 flat from both states in 2016

now lets look at 2015 numbers

Florida had less kids participate in 2015 - 3547 - difference of 386 athletes and their number dropped from 163 to 141 number kids that ran sub 11 flat (all conditions "FAT")

Texas had less kids participate in 2015 - 7409 - difference of 151 athletes and their number went up to 313 from 312 number kids that ran sub 11 flat (all conditions "FAT")

California on the other had in 2015 had more kids 13,947 and less kids who ran sub 11 flat - 176

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just way too many kids providing quality time in Texas as compared to others to say it's only because of the wind.

Interesting facts about wind legal 100m times from Texas and Florida in 2016

Florida had 2123 athletes post wind legal times

Texas only had 836 athletes post wind legal times

Florida had 102 athletes post wind legal 100m times under 11 flat

Texas had 102 athletes post wind legal 100m times under 11 flat.

#1 in Florida ran 10.37 with +1.2

#1 in Texas ran 10.41 with +.1   - who is really the fastest here?

#51 in Florida ran 10.85 with +1.0

#51 in Texas ran 10.82 with +1.5  - who is really the fastest here?

# 102 in Florida ran 10.99 with +2.0

# 102 in Texas ran 10.99 with +1.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

top 20 combined time for both states

Texas 2:10.98

Florida 2:11.98  I added this 3 times to make  sure and there was 1 damn sec between them 20 deep

Florida and Texas had the wind advantage 10 times each (1 vs 1) thru (20 vs 20)

In the top 10 - Florida had the wind advantage 6 times -yet only had the time advantage 1 time in those races - Texas had the time advantage in 19 of the top 20

One problem that i have when looking at only wind legal timing on the HS level it doesn't always truly include the fastest kids.  

I really like this kid Champion Allison From George Ranch - He is a gamer IMHO

Last year at the New Balance Nationals in North Carolina 

He won the 100 and 200 in the top division  - He posted faster times than the Cooper Kid from FL - who didn't run in the top division

He also won the 5A state championship in the 400m -  

Here some updated numbers nationally in the 4x100

number of teams running under 41, 42, and 43 Flat - top states plus I added Ohio and Arizona for the hell of it.

Tx  - under 41 = 8,  under 42 = 41,  under 43 = 203

FL - under 41 = 3,  under 42 = 20,   under 43 = 76

GA - under 41 = 0,  under 42 = 20,  under 43 = 83  - Thought was interesting that GA was little deeper than FL 

CA - They suck - 1                   7                        40   -  I truly believe that Cali football has dropped big time in last 10 years- They are down to the 1 league that is worth a damn plus dls - and the only schools that are worth anything are the recruited up privates.

OH - has 0 in the first two columns and 4 that have run under 43 total - probably should have looked at their 2016 numbers - ok I did they had 27 schools in the state run under 43

AZ -  0 - 3 -12    only 12 damn schools in the entire state have run under 43.

Shot Put numbers - Athletes that have thrown over 60, 55, and 50 ft

Texas  - 9 over 60',  24 over 55',  110 over 50'

FL         0                  3                     27

CA        5                  11                   76

GA       2                   6                     16

High Jump numbers -  Athletes that have cleared at least 7', 6'5", and 6'2"

Texas -  7' = 1,  6'5" = 63,  6'2" = 299

FL -             0              18             77

CA               0              28            127

GA              0              14              87   

7 hours ago, Texasball said:

Looking at Ohio 100m times

9 athletes out of 1513 have posted times under 11 flat (regardless of wind)  With fastest kid so far running 10.7 (had no wind reading)

Not one kid has ran sub 11 with legal wind reading.

The 4th fastest wind legal time in Ohio is 11.21 with +2.0  so far this year.

The 20th fastest regardless of the wind clocked 11.08 with +4.8 wind

I doubt very seriously running with +10.0 is going to put ohio in the same class as Texas.

I hope you understand - that none of this is to say that on Ohio is not going to produce some big timers on any given year.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at 2016 numbers is more fair to Ohio - since they probably haven't been running very long this year as of today.

100m last year all conditions - they had 58 kids run sub 11 flat out 2933 different athletes.

The fastest time was 10.46

The 2nd fastest time was 10.5 with +2.9 wind 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is based of 2016 numbers and athletes with registered times on dyestat

If you triple the number of athletes in ohio 2933 x 3 = 8799 total athletes in this event and triple the number of athletes who ran sub 11 - 58 x 3= 174

now compare that to Texas -  Texas has had 7560 athletes register times and 312 of them ran sub 11 flat.

now compare that to florida also - Florida had 3933 athletes with registered times and had 163 run sub 11 flat

The % for Texas and Florida are pretty close 

what about California -  They had 13,783 athletes with registered times on dyestat last year and only 184 of them ran sub 11 flat

California is proof that just being large state doesn't mean that you will automatically be the best. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which makes those 2 girls from FL and TX  what in Ohio right now xD  E L I T E

16 hours ago, Texasball said:

Interesting facts about wind legal 100m times from Texas and Florida in 2016

Florida had 2123 athletes post wind legal times

Texas only had 836 athletes post wind legal times

Florida had 102 athletes post wind legal 100m times under 11 flat

Texas had 102 athletes post wind legal 100m times under 11 flat.

#1 in Florida ran 10.37 with +1.2

#1 in Texas ran 10.41 with +.1   - who is really the fastest here?

#51 in Florida ran 10.85 with +1.0

#51 in Texas ran 10.82 with +1.5  - who is really the fastest here?

# 102 in Florida ran 10.99 with +2.0

# 102 in Texas ran 10.99 with +1.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

top 20 combined time for both states

Texas 2:10.98

Florida 2:11.98  I added this 3 times to make  sure and there was 1 damn sec between them 20 deep

Florida and Texas had the wind advantage 10 times each (1 vs 1) thru (20 vs 20)

In the top 10 - Florida had the wind advantage 6 times -yet only had the time advantage 1 time in those races - Texas had the time advantage in 19 of the top 20

One problem that i have when looking at only wind legal timing on the HS level it doesn't always truly include the fastest kids.  

read the above again

There were 65 male track and field athletes participating in the 2016 Olympic Games...  TX had 4 (one from Trinidad and Tobago but attended HS in TX so I counted him).  FL had 5 from what I see... which means 86% were other :)  

TX:  Long jump, pole vault, high jump and 400m hurdles

FL:  100/4x100, 100/4x100, 100/200/4x100, 400, 4x400

NJ had more sprinters  track speed reps (2) than TX did (1).  

Men's breakdown of the events other than 800 meters and above

100:  FL, FL, FL

200:  FL, CA, VA

400:  VA, VA, OK

4x100:  FL, FL, FL, KY, MO

4x400:  VA, VA, FL, OK, AR

110m hurdles:  NJ, NJ, AZ 

400m hurdles:  TX, VA, AR

Decathlon:  OR, WA, IL  

Hammerthrow:  CA, GA, NY

Discus:  NC, MI, CO

Shotput:  PA, PA, OK

Javelin:  NJ, OR, ND

High jump:  TX, OH, MS

Long jump: TX, CT, AR

The Onion reported in HS shoelace tying ... TX had 41 of the top 102 best times.  They also had 22 attempts vs most states 1 in ideal conditions. :)

• Like 1