4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Burns is running the 4x400

4x400 Relay
1.     Tiondre Toomer
Thomas Burns
David East
Fred Gonsalvies
3:10.56a Mar 30 Pepsi Florida Relays
2.     Relay Team 3:12.12a Mar 3 Sam Burley Hall of Fame I..
3.     Thomas Burns
David East
Tiondre Toomer
ernest balkman

Yeah I'm just saying I couldn't find a record of him, East, or gonsalvies ever running an individual 400m.   Found that a bit wierd, especially since they have the nations fastest 4x400.

• Like 1

Just now, 954gator said:

Yeah I'm just saying I couldn't find a record of him, East, or gonsalvies ever running an individual 400m.   Found that a bit wierd, especially since they have the nations fastest 4x400.

The problem becomes they can run only so many events in each track meet and the relays are double the points so that is probably the deciding factor on which events they all run.

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

The problem becomes they can run only so many events in each track meet and the relays are double the points so that is probably the deciding factor on which events they all run.

Yeah I see, I'd just love to know what time he could manage if he ran it. Just weird I couldn't find one single time in the books 2016/17 etc.

33 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I mean I know the 400 sucks, but I mean the 300m hurdles and 800 hurt too.  I'm just saying wouldn't you as an athlete want to know how fast you are?  Burns could probably run a very fast time.

I hear you... I guess it depends on the interest of the athlete or coach to explore other events.  Remember in a points event and especially states a guy like Burns could run in 4 events like the 110m hurdles, 300m hurdles, 4x400 relay and 4x100 relay.   I see he competed in a long jump once last year.   

This year he's ran the 4x100, 4x200, 4x400 and 4x800...  along with his elite hurdling times.   He's been busy!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

DD - here are some more numbers for you.

100m  -  how fast is the 100th ranked athlete in each of the states we have been discussing.

Texas 10.78

Florida 10.89

GA 11.01

Cal 11.03

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200 ranked athlete

Texas 10.94

Florida 11.07

GA  11.18

CA 11.18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

300th ranked athlete

Texas - 11.03

FL - 11.19

CA - 11.27

GA - 11.29

not sure what this proves - find it interesting how close CA and Georgia really are 

also that Texas adds little more distance from Florida each 100 athletes 

Florida still has the #1 time in this event and the kid is only Jr.

Also, I could see that team from FL going under 40 this year or next 

You give the Cali, Florida and Georgia kids the Texas winds and everything would be equal in the 100m  Same for kids from Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.  

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

You give the Cali, Florida and Georgia kids the Texas winds and everything would be equal in the 100m  Same for kids from Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.  

at the end of the day, I am not buying it.  Isn't Illinois known as the windy state?

Florida and California doesn't have the wind blowing off the ocean?  

Florida HS coaches back in 98' was saying "know way Fort Worth Wyatt could run sub 40 in the 4x100".  So all they did was go to Florida run sub .40 and then turned around and set the national record in the 4x200 in the same meet.  

• Like 1

I am not on board that Texas has some major wind advantage either. If so the 4x100 would negate it since 2 runners run with and against the win.  Care to compare them to the Nation.  9_9  It negates self and Texas dominates the 4X100 is all about depth.   Cali sends teams to Texas and Florida has too at the Texas Relays and I watched Texas smoke them both.    I respect GA. FL, and CA very much in Track.  But Texas is the deepest state in Track and Field.   Look at the Field events and see how we compare to the other big 3.  As a matter of Fact Ga is the 3rd fastest boys taking over Cali.  

The same winds blow in La, Ok and NM, Ks and Ar. Yet they are not magically faster.  Look at the Great Southwest and how Texas performed.

We must have some special win Lets' look at our elite girls vs. the States above boys. xD

Mesquite Horn 45.27  Desoto 45.67 and Miami NW 45.60 Fl elite girls.  We have a reference the #4 Team Bullis MD ran in the Texas Relays with the same wind.  They didn't win it xD nor did they have the fastest time during the event.

Mesquite Horn would the 39th fastest Boys 4x100 in Ark tied with Junction city.  9_9 Desoto, 51st and MNW 49th. Same winds in Ark they are right next to Texas.

Mesquite Horn Girls would be 72nd in La 4x100 Boys ahead of many 5A Boys. 9_9 They are a top 100 4x100 boys team as well as Desoto and MNW in La.  I am sure Ohio and Indiana would be the same.  They don't sniff that in Texas, FL, GA or Ca.  Hell 2A boys would beat them here at the top of that class.

Taxes continue tomorrow...  GN

Wind legal top 10's  (100/200/110m)

100:  9 not from TX  (6 from FL, 3 from CA)    Yes, I know about the 2.1 m/s times but them's the rules :) 

200:  8 not from TX  (top 5 FL)

400:  7 not from TX  (3 GA to tie TX,  FL with 2 but #1 and #3)

110m hurdles:  8 not from TX  (3 from CA)

300m hurdles:  TX 4, CA 3,  FL just one but #1 

4x100... having ranking site issues temporarily :)   FL has the top time.  Still having issues...  FL has 2 total, CA 1... still having issues. :)       7 from TX.  

4x400:   6 TX, 3 FL  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I am not on board that Texas has some major wind advantage either. If so the 4x100 would negate it since 2 runners run with and against the win.  Care to compare them to the Nation.  9_9  It negates self and Texas dominates the 4X100 is all about depth.   Cali sends teams to Texas and Florida has too at the Texas Relays and I watched Texas smoke them both.    I respect GA. FL, and CA very much in Track.  But Texas is the deepest state in Track and Field.   Look at the Field events and see how we compare to the other big 3.  As a matter of Fact Ga is the 3rd fastest boys taking over Cali.  

The same winds blow in La, Ok and NM, Ks and Ar. Yet they are not magically faster.  Look at the Great Southwest and how Texas performed.

We must have some special win Lets' look at our elite girls vs. the States above boys. xD

Mesquite Horn 45.27  Desoto 45.67 and Miami NW 45.60 Fl elite girls.  We have a reference the #4 Team Bullis MD ran in the Texas Relays with the same wind.  They didn't win it xD nor did they have the fastest time during the event.

Mesquite Horn would the 39th fastest Boys 4x100 in Ark tied with Junction city.  9_9 Desoto, 51st and MNW 49th. Same winds in Ark they are right next to Texas.

Mesquite Horn Girls would be 72nd in La 4x100 Boys ahead of many 5A Boys. 9_9 They are a top 100 4x100 boys team as well as Desoto and MNW in La.  I am sure Ohio and Indiana would be the same.  They don't sniff that in Texas, FL, GA or Ca.  Hell 2A boys would beat them here at the top of that class.

Golf below pulled up the wind legal numbers for me in the individual sprints.  Florida is killing everyone with the number of kids they have in the top 100 with wind legal times.  California will start to reel them in but won't catch them.  

I go to one of the best basketball ball tourneys in the country yearly, near Dayton, OH.  They bring in some of the best teams and talent from all around the country.  Ohio kids are the same type of athletes as anywhere else.  The same holds true in track and field.  

Texas is the king of the 4x200 and that can't be disputed.  I give them the advantage in the 4x100 overall because I like the stick game that all of the teams display.  You can tell that passing of the baton is really practiced a ton in Texas. 

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

If you think boys are going to let girls beat them, you are crazy.  You bring the fastest 4x100 meter boys team from Texas to Illinois, Indiana or Ohio in early march and run heat and I would bet my live they wouldn't dip below 42.00.  And if you took the best teams that Illinois, Indiana and Ohio had and let them run a meet in Texas, you'll get a Texas like result.  That is the part that you still haven't figured out.  It does matter where and when these meets are run.  The cream will rise to the top no matter where they are but a lot of these times are inflated.  

Some Carifta Games  (Caribbean) results from this past weekend in the U18 and U20 boys and girls   

U18 boys 100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F007.htm

U20 boys 100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F009.htm

U18 girls 100   http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F006.htm   (Kevona Davis is 16)

U20 girls 100   http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F008.htm   (winner STA grad, won the 200 also)

U20 boys 200  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F035.htm   (winner Jamal Walton, Miramar HS) no sub 21's.  

U18 boys 4x100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F041.htm   (Jamaica 39.97 breaking own record, first in Games to run sub 40)

33 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

If you think boys are going to let girls beat them, you are crazy.  You bring the fastest 4x100 meter boys team from Texas to Illinois, Indiana or Ohio in early march and run heat and I would bet my live they wouldn't dip below 42.00.  And if you took the best teams that Illinois, Indiana and Ohio had and let them run a meet in Texas, you'll get a Texas like result.  That is the part that you still haven't figured out.  It does matter where and when these meets are run.  The cream will rise to the top no matter where they are but a lot of these times are inflated.  

If you don't think Desoto, Cedar Hill, Waxahachie and FBM are not running sub 42's then my friend I will not even debate you. I watch a lot of track and.  There is no way in Hell Indiana and Ohio are running with TX in the 4X100 anywhere. I keep saying I go to the Texas Relays and watch the top teams from OK, Ar, Ca, and sometimes FL come here running against Texas.  Guess what they run the same damn times they ran in their state and got smoked.  Texas have left and smoked people in the 4X100 in Fl and they destroy in the Great Southwest every year running against stacked teams.  Let me know when IL which is good in track beat them head up including sending their girls here before in the 4X100.  Only Fl, CA and Ga are running head up with Texas.  No 10 schools in OH or In or IL are running with Texas anywhere and anytime. 

The 4x100 negates wind as 2 runners run in opposite directions. 

There is no special 5 mph here propelling Texas kids to false speed levels. And yes Mesquite Horn and MNW girls will smoke a lot of slow ass HS Boys in the 4X100.  That's like saying the elite girls in the 100m wouldn't beat boys in the 100. That is crazy you have girls running 11.4's in HS and a helluva lot of slow ass boys not running that and putting a girl on the track with him will not propel him.  I will assure you the fastest 100M girl's in TX, FL, CA will be elite 100m runners in 95% of America.  Times don't lie my friend. We can debate what Football team would win a hypothetical game but Track is the one sport that we have verified proof with FAT.  A 2.4 mph wind is not that excessive force over 2.0 mph.  I will bet you right now whatever amount you want Texas  will smoke the elite U.S. squads in the Great Southwest in the 4X100.  Do you think the NM air made them run a 39.23 fastest time ever by 4 HS kids?  Nope they are just damn fast in NM, IL, TX, or OH. 

Do you really think Oh would run with TX in the 4X100 if they came to OH tomorrow?  They would smoke those schools.  

Why is FL, TX, CA and GA the 4 fastest states every year and no one else is close?  I will give you my answers all are among the top in population of African American Kids with similar weather and history of great Track traditions.   Good discussion though.

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Some Carifta Games  (Caribbean) results from this past weekend in the U18 and U20 boys and girls   

U18 boys 100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F007.htm

U20 boys 100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F009.htm

U18 girls 100   http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F006.htm   (Kevona Davis is 16, 

U20 girls 100   http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F008.htm   (winner STA grad, won the 200 also)

U20 boys 200  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F035.htm   (winner Jamal Walton, Miramar HS) no sub 21's.  

U18 boys 4x100  http://www.cfpitiming.com/liveresults/2017_Outdoor/Carifta_2017/170415F041.htm   (Jamaica 39.97 breaking own record, first in Games to run sub 40)

Fast boys.  But TX and FL can run with those kids and have proved it.  I would love to see the best 4X100 and 4X400's from TX and FL run against them.

Here are the OOS teams that ran the 4X100 in the Texas Relays.  NPTB they should have much faster times in Texas than their own state. That is your assumption.

Edmond Memorial fastest school in Oklahoma 4X100 ran @ Texas Relays against faster competition. What happened

03/23/2017 ran 42.13 in Oklahoma at their Showcase meet and won fastest time in their state

03/30/2017 ran a 42.5 in Texas relays and got smoked finished 19th in prelims where many Texas teams ran to just qualify. 

Long Beach WIlson ran a freaking 43.90 @ Texas Relays finished 50th in prelims and ran a 43.09 2 weeks before in Cali they have ran a 42.48 this year. They also have ran the 4x200m in Cali faster than they did in the Texas Relays running a 1:28:64 and finished 19th in Prelims yet that is the 8th fastest time in the whole State of Cali.  How did they get smoked in Texas? Oh their fastest time in cali is 1:28:54 damn near the same they ran in Texas.  In the 4x400 they ran a 3:18:28 yet their fastest time in Cali is a 3:18:47.  Sorta destroys your magical wind arguments and they got smoked in Texas in the 4x400 in the finals they finished 6th in prelims with a 3:18 which is damn fast unless you are running against TX or FL kids.  Look at the finals.  They got dusted.  Yet that 3:18:28 is the 2nd fastest time in Cali this year behind Rancho Verde's 3:15:15.  Good times. Now tell me how Manvel, Desoto and Lancaster would not run sub 3:15's in Cali right now without the magical Tx winds? 9_9

4x400 Relay  HS Division II - Finals x

1.   Relay Team   3:12.08a Manvel
2.   Relay Team   3:13.11a Lancaster
3.   Relay Team   3:13.14a Richmond George Ranch
4.   Tairyn Ross
Cameron Neely
Angel Deloney
Kevin Modesto
  3:13.60a DeSoto
5.   Relay Team   3:19.06a Alief Taylor
6.   Relay Team   3:19.51a Wilson (Long Beach)
7.   Relay Team   3:19.72a Humble Atascocita
8.   Relay Team   3:23.40a Richmond Foster
9.   Trent McDonald
Kyle Pruitt
Marcus Fricks
Mark Trevino
  3:24.88a Mansfield Legacy

46 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you don't think Desoto, Cedar Hill, Waxahachie and FBM are not running sub 42's then my friend I will not even debate you. I watch a lot of track and.  There is no way in Hell Indiana and Ohio are running with TX in the 4X100 anywhere. I keep saying I go to the Texas Relays and watch the top teams from OK, Ar, Ca, and sometimes FL come here running against Texas.  Guess what they run the same damn times they ran in their state and got smoked.  Texas have left and smoked people in the 4X100 in Fl and they destroy in the Great Southwest every year running against stacked teams.  Let me know when IL which is good in track beat them head up including sending their girls here before in the 4X100.  Only Fl, CA and Ga are running head up with Texas.  No 10 schools in OH or In or IL are running with Texas anywhere and anytime. 

The 4x100 negates wind as 2 runners run in opposite directions. 

There is no special 5 mph here propelling Texas kids to false speed levels. And yes Mesquite Horn and MNW girls will smoke a lot of slow ass HS Boys in the 4X100.  That's like saying the elite girls in the 100m wouldn't beat boys in the 100. That is crazy you have girls running 11.4's in HS and a helluva lot of slow ass boys not running that and putting a girl on the track with him will not propel him.  I will assure you the fastest 100M girl's in TX, FL, CA will be elite 100m runners in 95% of America.  Times don't lie my friend. We can debate what Football team would win a hypothetical game but Track is the one sport that we have verified proof with FAT.  A 2.4 mph wind is not that excessive force over 2.0 mph.  I will bet you right now whatever amount you want Texas  will smoke the elite U.S. squads in the Great Southwest in the 4X100.  Do you think the NM air made them run a 39.23 fastest time ever by 4 HS kids?  Nope they are just damn fast in NM, IL, TX, or OH. 

Do you really think Oh would run with TX in the 4X100 if they came to OH tomorrow?  They would smoke those schools.  

Why is FL, TX, CA and GA the 4 fastest states every year and no one else is close?  I will give you my answers all are among the top in population of African American Kids with similar weather and history of great Track traditions.   Good discussion though.

How fast are the speed demons from Texas going to run when it's 36 degrees with 23mph winds.  

The fastest girls in Texas wouldn't have placed in SC, NC, VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, CO, WA, GA, AL, MS and I could go on.  That eliminates that 95 percent right there.  

I remember Dontre Wilson supposed to be the fastest thing that OSU ever seen and he gets to Columbus and he turns out to be just another fast guy and not the fastest on the team.

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here are the OOS teams that ran the 4X100 in the Texas Relays.  NPTB they should have much faster times in Texas than their own state. That is your assumption.

Edmond Memorial fastest school in Oklahoma 4X100 ran @ Texas Relays against faster competition. What happened

03/23/2017 ran 42.13 in Oklahoma at their Showcase meet and won fastest time in their state

03/30/2017 ran a 42.5 in Texas relays and got smoked finished 19th in prelims where many Texas teams ran to just qualify. 

Long Beach WIlson ran a freaking 43.90 @ Texas Relays finished 50th in prelims and ran a 43.09 2 weeks before in Cali they have ran a 42.48 this year. They also have ran the 4x200m in Cali faster than they did in the Texas Relays running a 1:28:64 and finished 19th in Prelims yet that is the 8th fastest time in the whole State of Cali.  How did they get smoked in Texas? Oh their fastest time in cali is 1:28:54 damn near the same they ran in Texas.  In the 4x400 they ran a 3:18:28 yet their fastest time in Cali is a 3:18:47.  Sorta destroys your magical wind arguments and they got smoked in Texas in the 4x400 in the finals they finished 6th in prelims with a 3:18 which is damn fast unless you are running against TX or FL kids.  Look at the finals.  They got dusted.  Yet that 3:18:28 is the 2nd fastest time in Cali this year behind Rancho Verde's 3:15:15.  Good times. Now tell me how Manvel, Desoto and Lancaster would not run sub 3:15's in Cali right now without the magical Tx winds? 9_9

4x400 Relay  HS Division II - Finals x

1.   Relay Team   3:12.08a Manvel
2.   Relay Team   3:13.11a Lancaster
3.   Relay Team   3:13.14a Richmond George Ranch
4.   Tairyn Ross
Cameron Neely
Angel Deloney
Kevin Modesto
  3:13.60a DeSoto
5.   Relay Team   3:19.06a Alief Taylor
6.   Relay Team   3:19.51a Wilson (Long Beach)
7.   Relay Team   3:19.72a Humble Atascocita
8.   Relay Team   3:23.40a Richmond Foster
9.   Trent McDonald
Kyle Pruitt
Marcus Fricks
Mark Trevino
  3:24.88a Mansfield Legacy

Let me know where Long Beach Wilson finishes in California this year.  I will assure you they aren't the best in California.

Where was STA finishing when they had Arman Hall?

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

Let me know where Long Beach Wilson finishes in California this year.  I will assure you they aren't the best in California.

Where was STA finishing when they had Arman Hall?

I will assure you Wilson will be top 4 in State in 4x400 and will place in the 4x100 most likely.   They are elite in Cali in both Relays and would only be above average in Texas. 

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Taxes continue tomorrow...  GN

Wind legal top 10's  (100/200/110m)

100:  9 not from TX  (6 from FL, 3 from CA)    Yes, I know about the 2.1 m/s times but them's the rules :) 

200:  8 not from TX  (top 5 FL)

400:  7 not from TX  (3 GA to tie TX,  FL with 2 but #1 and #3)

110m hurdles:  8 not from TX  (3 from CA)

300m hurdles:  TX 4, CA 3,  FL just one but #1 

4x100... having ranking site issues temporarily :)   FL has the top time.  Still having issues...  FL has 2 total, CA 1... still having issues. :)       7 from TX.  

4x400:   6 TX, 3 FL  

Let the season progress -  for example last season in the 100m -  Texas had 22 of the top 100 wind legal times and Florida had 11

Yet when put on the same track with some of the best sprinters in America - For example at the the great southwest meet - kid from Texas who had slower time in the 200 coming into the race actually out ran the cooper kid.

The remainder of the meets in Texas will all have wind readings - so look for those numbers to change.

2015 100m top wind legal times -  6 are from texas  and 26 of the top 100 are from Texas and 14 are from Florida

11 Devin Duvernay   10.27 PR (1.8) TX Garland Sachse May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
2. 12 Ryan Clark   10.32 PR (-.7) GA Banneker Apr 11 23rd Annual Taco Bell Track & Field
3. 11 TJ Brock   10.34 (1.8) CA Chaminade Jun 06 California State Championship Finals
  12 John Lewis   10.34 PR (.8) TX Willis May 16 UIL 5A State Championships
5. 12 Xavian Marks   10.39 PR (.8) TX Richmond George Ranch May 16 UIL 5A State Championships
6. 12 Chris Ntreh   10.40 (1.8) TX Plano East May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
  11 Brandon Taylor   10.40 (1.8) TX Clear Brook May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
8. 12 Ian Mack   10.45 (.1) NV Green Valley May 02 NIAA Southern Div 1 Regionals
9. 12 Tyreik Gray   10.46 PR (1.8) TX Houston Lamar May 16 UIL 6A State Championships
10. 11 Noah Lyles   10.47 (1.3) VA T C Williams Jun 06 VHSL 6A Outdoor State Championship