Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Y'all always claim this, yet every time I ask for a source, they mysteriously cannot find one.  SO I ask AGAIN, please show me where "people" were saying that was DLS's best team ever?  It's true, everything is bigger in texas, including lies and excuses. 

Go back and look at what you underlined.  I said one of their best ever - NOT THEIR BEST EVER!

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Y'all always claim this, yet every time I ask for a source, they mysteriously cannot find one.  SO I ask AGAIN, please show me where "people" were saying that was DLS's best team ever?  It's true, everything is bigger in texas, including lies and excuses. 

Who is making excuses?  The # 1 excuse of all time on this board is that DLS would beat OOS teams they lost to if played later in the season.

The football gods try over and over again to give you people evidence of the depth and like always yall ignore them.

Trinity good enough to beat state CIF Division 1 champ DLS -  Yet gets beat in the 1st round!  Keep ignoring the truth like nooner 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

As usual some have amnesia.  Many were in fact saying this in Cali about that DLS team.  Hell Sammy claimed they would take a knee for Mercy on ET.  Well Lookie here.  Just ask them to read what this said.  I have more.  You may copy and paste at your leisure.  One of their best ever till Texas happened. 😆

https://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/12/top-10-de-la-salle-showdowns/

They opened as the preseason favorite at USA Today also.

I was surprised. Not only were they replacing 3 offensive linemen, but they didn't have many D1 recruits.

They had AsiAsi and Tagaloa. I can't remember any other highly recruited players from that team.

I think the pollsters were impressed that they were returning their QB and two RBs, who all had rushed for a 1,000 yards.

That's something, but I wouldn't think it was enough to justify ranking them No. 1.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Who is making excuses?  The # 1 excuse of all time on this board is that DLS would beat OOS teams they lost to if played later in the season.

The football gods try over and over again to give you people evidence of the depth and like always yall ignore them.

Trinity good enough to beat state CIF Division 1 champ DLS -  Yet gets beat in the 1st round!  Keep ignoring the truth like nooner 

Also good enough to beat TX 6A-D1 state champs.

Yeeeeeeepppp!

Ya'll always making the same gosh darn points out there in TX.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

As usual some have amnesia.  Many were in fact saying this in Cali about that DLS team. [...]

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

[...]

Without question Cal fans was saying that this one of the best DLS teams in many many years.

Yes, and I remember when a lot of TX fans were saying that ET was going to show Bellevue just how different TX plays HSFB. But then they lost. And then came the excuses.

And I remember when a lot of TX fans were saying that we should all bet the farm that Cedar Hill would cover the 20+ points they were given against BG, because Cedar Hill was a preseason favorite in TX and ranked No. 5 in the country at USA Today. But then they lost by 30. And then came the excuses. 

That's how it goes.

It doesn't prove anything, one way or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Yes, and I remember when a lot of TX fans were saying that ET was going to show Bellevue just how different TX plays HSFB. But then they lost. And then came the excuses.

And I remember when a lot of TX fans were saying that we should all bet the farm that Cedar Hill would cover the 20+ points they were given against BG, because Cedar Hill was a preseason favorite in TX and ranked No. 5 in the country at USA Today. But then they lost by 30. And then came the excuses. 

That's how it goes.

It doesn't prove anything, one way or the other. 

One team beating another is not a big deal unless the team beaten is the best in their State.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

So was DLS pops 

Without question Cal fans was saying that this one of the best DLS teams in many many years.

Only some posters  that appeared on this board. The vast majority of De la fans go no where near this board. Sammy knows very little about De La. As far as my opinion goes, and was even before the 2015 season, was that team would be better than 2014 Spartans, especially on D-line. I would put that 2015 team in the 6 or 7 range possibly,  as far as best Spartan teams, maybe a notch even lower. They definitely weren't on the same level as other spartan teams in certain areas. An excellent team though, no doubt.

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The most important question  to ask is this; Will Allen come to them ?  Huge, huge difference when you have to play oos early season game on the road in another state.  Early season games can be a crap shoot in state. Imagine how much more difficult traveling oos playing nationally elite programs.

I think you answered the last part of this already. Allen has got 800 plus in the band and they are coming to every game there is no way they are not going...add drill teams and cheerleaders with family ..that's 4-5 planes add instruments, hotels, more family. How many hotels are near this mystery team for 3 days, will the school pick up everyone , going to need about 30 plus buses during the school day, back and forth for practice and to the game and airport, add food costs. I wouldn't even mention the team coming. Now would I like to see it happen sure.

22 minutes ago, State Champ said:

I think you answered the last part of this already. Allen has got 800 plus in the band and they are coming to every game there is no way they are not going...add drill teams and cheerleaders with family ..that's 4-5 planes add instruments, hotels, more family. How many hotels are near this mystery team for 3 days, will the school pick up everyone , going to need about 30 plus buses during the school day, back and forth for practice and to the game and airport, add food costs. I wouldn't even mention the team coming. Now would I like to see it happen sure.

Are you saying the band of 800 strong,  travels to all the away games even in Texas ?  That is a lot of overhead . To do an oos game it sounds like you would need to do a lot of car washes for sure, Lol !

49 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, that's certainly false.

But if you were right, it would just be more grist for CA's mill, since ET beat the best team in TX much more convincingly than they beat DLS.

I have explained this before the 2015 Katy Tigers was one of our best ever with quite possibly the best 6A defense ever.  NS lost to the 3 best teams they played and won the weaker 6A Division.  I was at the ET vs. NS at Baylor Stadium.  That was a 4qtr battle back and forth. 

Which is funny since Katy won some mythical National Championship in 2015.   Look at 2015.  Where is North Shore

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

17 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Are you saying the band of 800 strong,  travels to all the away games even in Texas ?  That is a lot of overhead . To do an oos game it sounds like you would need to do a lot of car washes for sure, Lol !

$2 million just to send the band to California to perform at the rose parade and a week to transport all the gear there and back

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

North shore was not the best team in Texas that year, Katy was, by a very large margin. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I have explained this before the 2015 Katy Tigers was one of our best ever with quite possibly the best 6A defense ever.  NS lost to the 3 best teams they played and won the weaker 6A Division.  

I'm so happy you guys brought this up.

I was working under the assumption, which I myself never believed, that a state's champion at the highest classification was that state's best team.

That's why I was saying that North Shore was TX's best team, since they won the state championship at the highest classification.

But in 2015, I believe that the best team in CA was SJB, who were the consensus No. 1 team in the country going into the CC game (consensus among major pollsters). I believe that they had an off night against CC, which happens. (Katy might have had an off night if they had had to play against teams in TX's highest classification.) And I believe that @dntn31 would back me up on that.

So to your own point, DD, DLS wasn't the best team in CA in 2015. 

So their loss to ET doesn't really matter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm so happy you guys brought this up.

I was working under the assumption, which I myself never believed, that a state's champion at the highest classification was that state's best team.

That's why I was saying that North Shore was TX's best team, since they won the state championship at the highest classification.

But in 2015, I believe that the best team in CA was SJB, who were the consensus No. 1 team in the country going into the CC game (consensus among major pollsters). I believe that they had an off night against CC, which happens. (Katy might have had an off night if they had had to play against teams in TX's highest classification.) And I believe that @dntn31 would back me up on that.

So to your own point, DD, DLS wasn't the best team in CA in 2015. 

So their loss to ET doesn't really matter. 

DLS won your State Championshio in 2015.  I give you an A for effort.  You're like Wiley Coyote you keep blowing up yet show up with more acme rockets.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

DLS won your State Championshio in 2015.  I give you an A for effort.  You like Wiley Coyote you keep blowing up yet show up with more acme rockets.

And North Shore won your state championship in 2015.

And thanks for the A. I do appreciate it. Every time I talk to you, I also have to talk to Horsefly, and every time I talk to Horsefly, I also have to talk to you. 

It's hard work.

You understand. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

And North Shore won your state championship in 2015.

And thanks for the A. I do appreciate it. Every time I talk to you, I also have to talk to Horsefly, and every time I talk to Horsefly, I also have to talk to you. 

It's hard work.

You understand. 

Who won the Championship in 2015 below the Open Bowl.  That is the equal to NS that year.  We also had 11 other Champs.  2 in each Division.  Next DLS is gonna be a Team from Southern Oregon. Katy Mythical 2015 N.Cs yet you keep insisting N.S. was the Best in Texas. Now I admit we have depth but damn you are giving us way too much credit considering 3 others beat them too. 😎

23 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Yes they do, you get the whole show. You might be late to the discussion but every year the same questions come along. Now during some of the playoffs there is band competitions all over the state and bands go to that if they are any good and miss the games and the drill teams would dance with recorded music. So does Cali teams bring bands ect.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Who won the Championship in 2015 below the Open Bowl.  That is the equal to NS that year.  We also had 11 other Champs.  2 in each Division.  Next DLS is gonna be a Team from Southern Oregon. 😎

Who knows.

Who cares.

DLS and North Shore both won state championships in their respective state's highest classification. 

If you want to say that North Shore wasn't the best team in TX, that's fine.

It just means that CA gets to say the same thing, which is no big deal, right? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Yes they do every Friday night.  If the can afford to get the Rose Bowl they damn sure can get to Coppell, Plano and McKinney every Friday Night. 🤣

One band's $1.2 million ticket to play the Rose Parade

https://www.marketplace.org/2015/12/30/economy/it-cost-band-12-million-play-rose-parade

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Who knows.

Who cares.

DLS and North Shore both won state championships in their respective state's highest classification. 

But DLS won your State Championship at the Highest Level.  Let me try this again. They Destroyed Cali and Centennial was ranked #1 in the nation going into that game because they Beat SJB the week Before. I HOPE THIS HELPS

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=ff4e851c-3d59-495b-ad8a-3cbaf1fe0ede

Date    Opponent    Result
8/29 8:00p  Trinity (Euless, TX) (L) 26 - 21
9/4 @ Serra (San Mateo, CA) (W) 37 - 21
9/11 Servite (Anaheim, CA) (W) 52 - 15
9/19 Orange Lutheran (Orange, CA) (W) 41 - 3
10/2 @ Granite Bay (Granite Bay, CA) (W) 37 - 0
10/9 San Ramon Valley (Danville, CA) (W) 48 - 0
10/16 Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, CA) (W) 52 - 6
10/23 Del Oro (Loomis, CA) (W) 41 - 3
10/30 James Logan (Union City, CA) (W) 57 - 14
11/6 California (San Ramon, CA) (W) 56 - 0
11/20 California (San Ramon, CA) (W) 47-0
2015 CIF North Coast Section High School Football Playoff Brackets - Division 1Box Score
(W) 47 - 0
11/27
7:00p Pittsburg (Pittsburg, CA) (W) 70 - 14 
2015 CIF North Coast Section High School Football Playoff Brackets - Division 1Box Score

7:00p Foothill (Pleasanton, CA) (W) 35 - 0

12/19 Centennial (Corona, CA) (W) 28 - 21
Game Details: Sacramento State
2015 CIF State Football Championship Bowl Games - Open Division

16 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Who knows.

Who cares.

Not quite the same thing Bob.  SJB actually lost within the SAME tournament as DLS.  North shore and Katy although in the SAME class played in different divisions.  However, there were common opponents. Katy won that comparison 

i also believe a claim should be supported by others.  Where are the other end of season rankings that had SJB ranked higher than DLS? 

• Like 1

Meanwhile 3 weeks after beating the #1 Team in America.  E. T. Struggled with 5A Lancaster 🤘

Now look what DLS did to Cali and Check out Trinity. DLS was hanging 40 and 50 on everyone🤣

9/12
2:00p @ Lancaster (Lancaster, TX)
Game Details: AT&T Stadium
(W) 26 - 14

Then Next week they caught hell from N.S. 

9/18
7:00p
North Shore (Houston, TX)
Game Details: McLane Stadium
(W) 42 - 32

3 Weeks Later they caught more Hell from SLC 

10/16
7:30p
Carroll (Southlake, TX)
Game Details: Pennington Field
(W) 37 - 35

3 Weeks later the Texas Hell caught up with them. 

11/13
7:30p
South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX)
2015 UIL State Football Championships - 2015 Football Conference 6A D1Box Score

(L) 24 - 21