Allen vs. East 52- 20

DevilDog

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A HS program doesn't have to have a wait room and strength & conditioning program like at IMG. The proof is in the numbers. More and more 4-5* recruits in GA and TX are choosing these privates over their local publics each year. This never happened years ago. 

Relying on high level transfers is not sustainable over the long run.  That’s not a program. They also need a lot more depth. 

We will get a better idea where they are when desoto plays dunne, I believe next week. 

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Not in the same league as the big boys no, but a pretty good small class team most years

I've seen some of the big name Georgia teams on TV, and they've always represented well.  I remember some ten years ago when I was in Baytown, TX when  I met a young couple that had just moved from Colquitt.  They turned me on to Georgia football.  

Interestingly, that's the same year I met a former North Shore Offensive linemen from the excellent 2003 championship team that Maxpreps says is he best team of the Maxpreps area. 

52 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm convinced that one day the privates below will be able to compete in every way with their instate power public brethren. 

GA: BT, GAC, Marist, Pius, Benedictine 

TX: PC, Dunne, Lynch, TC, Pius

One of them is going to go off the reservation, Biff Poggi style, and force the GHSA to blink.

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Are you convinced or hopeful they will eventually compete?  There is a difference. 

These people need to get off the TAPPS thing.  The elite of this Group is not better than 4A Elite.  I keep telling them this.

Melissa is ranked 15th in 4A an elite Team beat TAPPS DI #10 Liberty Christian 40 -32.  I was there the last 2 scores at the end made it close they absolutely dominated L.C. Gilmer hung 60+ on them last year.  

Trinity Christian (Deion's Bunch) is suppose to be loaded and smoked some Fl team last night.  They have Melissa in 2 weeks.  I will assure you the will have their hands full and are probably #1 or #2 In TAPPS with St. Pius X.   

Carthage, WOS, Gilmer, Stephenville, LaVega, Melissa,  Pleasant Grove, Brock along with 3A Newton would line up tomorrow and work the best of TAPPS.   How do I know because they have been.   Brock beat TC down last year. 🤣  L. C. plays 3A Brock this Friday

Last year L.C. played every TAPPS power to within 7 pts.  They lost to Dunne 36 -0 in playoffs but played earlier game 33-26.  Gilmer beat this team 60-7.  Gilmer did not win State in 4A.  

These teams can have 4 - 5 kids with Stars. The problem is the 4A elite have 3-4 kids but they have been together since the 3rd grade.  

They don't play with the same fire as those 4A Elite.  I know I saw it myself.  Elite rich crowd against boisterous Parents and student Bodies.  Big difference in Passion and Play.  Don't believe me just go watch.  

They could produce a super Team I assume but they damn sure are  closer to 4A elite than they are 6A Elite.

And yes they could on occasion beat elite 4A & 5A.  But you would be a fool to bet on this group against either.  

Dunne, St. Pius X, Prestonwood and Trinity Christian are their best.  Now tell me you would Take Prestonwood head up against Argyle.  2013 Nolan Catholic won State in TAPPS.  Argyle beat them 44-21 🤣

And 4A has gotten better and TAPPS have not all of a sudden Skyrocketed over them. 

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

TD Allen fade in end zone and got pooch kick.  #Bloodbath. 38 - 0

You Texas guys need to get over yourselves.  Crowing about a Tier 1/2 team boat racing a Tier 5/6 team at home is nothing special.  In fact its more of an embarrassment that your Tier1/2 team didn't schedule a like wise talented OOS Tier 1/2 team.... AGAIN.... this year.

(Cue reference to the DLS/Trinity game in 3.....2.....1....)

29 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You Texas guys need to get over yourselves.  Crowing about a Tier 1/2 team boat racing a Tier 5/6 team at home is nothing special.  In fact its more of an embarrassment that your Tier1/2 team didn't schedule a like wise talented OOS Tier 1/2 team.... AGAIN.... this year.

Why does he need to get over himself when he's describing what happened?  But guys like you can create daily threads on CA and teams of the century....lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Well I believe East only had a 1 off game vs Allen. So the phone lines are open for any Cali team to call Allen for next year...maybe reverse the phone charges....today seems like a good day to call.

1 minute ago, State Champ said:

You seem to wish a lot in life.....Well the day is not over.....do call.

Actually I wish for very little in life, and even less when it comes to Texas D1 scheduling.  My wish is a single wish.....That Allen High (which has been and continues to be a very good Top 3 Texas program), make a concerted effort resulting in a game vs. a TOP 5 OOS opponent.  Not a steep hill to climb as EVERY other Top 5 team seems to be able to get it done at lease once.

9 hours ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

The Trinity/DLS game was one play from being a reversed outcome, hardly what I'd call proof of dominance.  Not only was the game one play from an opposite outcome, it was also an away game for DLS that traveled some seventeen hundred miles to play.  Homefield advantage is a real phenomenon in human psychology as we preform more to our potential in environments we are familiar with.  DLS had never experienced that environment in their entire lives and competed.  

Euless Trinity traveled around two thousand miles to Bellevue, WA in an overtime defeat [31 - 24] in 2012.  What kind of offense does Bellevue run?  Interestingly, that game was also one play from being it's opposite outcome.  I only mention this to give some perspective that might be lost through bias. 

I was at that Trinity vs Bellevue game.  The best team in Bellevue history wins game against probably one of the worst Trinity teams I have witnessed,

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just a reminder that 9 of the last 10 MNCs are these teams that you despise so much. Get used to it. Not changing anytime soon. 

By now you should know I don't give a damn about MNC, I never talk about it I don't get involved in the tier talk either.  It's all bs.  So there is nothing for me to get use to.  So enjoy the MYTHICAL titles. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

The Trinity/DLS game was one play from being a reversed outcome, hardly what I'd call proof of dominance.  Not only was the game one play from an opposite outcome, it was also an away game for DLS that traveled some seventeen hundred miles to play.  Homefield advantage is a real phenomenon in human psychology as we preform more to our potential in environments we are familiar with.  DLS had never experienced that environment in their entire lives and competed.  

Euless Trinity traveled around two thousand miles to Bellevue, WA in an overtime defeat [31 - 24] in 2012.  What kind of offense does Bellevue run?  Interestingly, that game was also one play from being it's opposite outcome.  I only mention this to give some perspective that might be lost through bias. 

You have to factor couple of things.

Trinity was not state champs as was both Bellevue and DLS

Trinity loses OT vs Bellevue - they also got beat 2 other times by teams who did not win state,  Meanwhile Bellevue rolls to state championship

Trinity knocked out in first round the year they beat DLS.  Meanwhile DLS rolls to state championship

DLS was #1 team in the nation returning most of team and defending state champ.  Has played in many big games over the years including games in Florida.  I am not buying your philosophy about playing up to potential.

what beat Trinity at Bellevue is they broke the huddle with the least talented RB in modern Trinity football history.  They got beat because they simply was not at the level that they had been.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Do you see me commenting on OOS teams and since you used the reference.. What does Euless Trinity and East High School have in common? Besides the Island kids.  

Cue 3, 2, 1.  What the Hell is a tier 1 team anyway?  I only care about 3A - 6A.  And none are part of any damn tiers.  I can never watch another out-of-state team play football and I'll be perfectly fine with that.  There are 30 East high schools in Dallas Fort Worth

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do you see me commenting on OOS teams and since you used the reference.. What does Euless Trinity and East High School have in common? Besides the Island kids.  

Cue 3, 2, 1.  What the Hell is a tier 1 team anyway?  I only care about 3A - 6A.  And none are part of any damn tiers.  I can never watch another out-of-state team play football and I'll be perfectly fine with that.  There are 30 East high schools in Dallas Fort Worth

I think this is what gets them bent outta shape.  We come in on Fridays, talk about the Texas games, then leave and not participate in the million other threads on this and that rankings, etc,  

im like you, I never have to watch another OOS game and would be fine.  My passion was not created from other states.  I'm quite content, while they are in a frenzy to prove whatever it is they are trying to prove. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nobody is excited about this Allen win over east.  A lot of teams down here would have beat them. 

It’s know different than MD beating a sorry BG team in my eyes.

It doesn’t change the fact that this Allen team is super elite.

• Like 1