Nike Commits Company Suicide Endorses Colin Kapernick

LiberalDonaldTrump

13 minutes ago, Troll said:

Got it (had to run and couldn't really explain in the last post)

Exhibit A...

See the source image

No problem right?  You have really not figured it out yet?

If you are going to run around tossing out Black Panther salutes in protest, you might as well wear a white hood to your protest, or start giving Hitler salutes... 

I mean the whole 'misunderstanding' could really be settled in a second, If you could just point to the quote from Colin indicating where he thinks that it is not about being black, and where he's not accusing 'whites' of oppression or prejudice against him ...

Should be really simple...…. if he's not making it about 'black' from the go....

Show me the comparison of the Panthers and the Klan.  This should be amazing.  I also want you to post the charter and purpose of each and I want equal atrocities of each.  B4 you start sir can we wager 1,000.00 that your comparison is like her take on slavery not well informed.  If you are not ready to back up your assertion then we can stop our dialogue.  I'm ready

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The raised clenched fist is a symbol of solidarity and united resistance.  Now which one makes more got damn sense in the backdrop of a protest for justice, that description or black superiority?  

I may agree. but others don't see or hear that....

Thanks for a description tho, I think it's a much better one.

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

I may agree. but others don't see or hear that....

Thanks for a description tho, I think it's a much better one.

Why did the Panthers spur a group of whites to form the white panther party?  Look it up to fight racism and injustice

Why didnt the Klan create a Black KKK to lynch whites and terrorize them. I got more.  Horsefly is Mr. Banneker.  I'm 100% Nat Turner.  Same mindset different delivery.  

I want the 1K bet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Show me the comparison of the Panthers and the Klan.  This should be amazing.  I also want you to post the charter and purpose of each and I want equal atrocities of each.  B4 you start sir can we wager 1,000.00 that your comparison is like her take on slavery not well informed.  If you are not ready to back up your assertion then we can stop our dialogue.  I'm ready

Not going to argue which had more atrocities....that would be silly.

But as you asked for a comparison, at a base level they both believe in violence as a method to further racial causes....ie. same mindset, regardless of which group has historically held more power to enact such. 

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

But as you asked for a comparison, at a base level they both believe in violence as a method to further racial causes....ie. same mindset, regardless of which group has historically held more power to enact such. 

You sir made the comparison.  You equated a raised fist to a Cross Burning.  Think about that.  Do you know who came up with the raised fist and why? I have 1st hand knowledge and IT damn sure wasn't for racism. You can't tarnish that warriors image.  He would roll in his grave of the thought of the Klan and his fight for unity and against oppression.  1k still on the table.  Let's reveal the Panthers and Klan.  I am ready to educate the ignorant.

These false comparisons to incite ignorant whites are the cause of many atrocities and anger welled up in them out of sheer ignorance.  Here let a Warrior explain it.

Did you Know Kapernick started kneeling because a former White SF guy Nate Boyer advised him to.  Hate yourself for him taking tutelage to appease you.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003968/nfl-2017-ex-green-beret-nate-boyer-writes-open-letter-president-donald-trump-colin-kaepernick-nfl-united-states-america

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

You sir made the comparison.  You equated a raised fist to a Cross Burning.  Think about that.  Do you know who came up with the raised fist and why.  I have 1st hand knowledge and UT damn sure wasn't for racism. You can't tarnish that warriors image.  He would roll in his grave of the thought of the Klan and his fight for unity and against oppression.  1k still on the table.  Let's reveal the Panthers and Klan.  I am ready to educate the ignorant.

Please educate, that;s what this country needs....

But until they people are, Most people still gonna take a "BLACK POWER" salute as having just a little something to do with black supremacy….

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

Please educate, that;s what this country needs....

But until they people are, Most people still gonna take a "BLACK POWER" salute as having just a little something to do with black supremacy….

Again what did it come from,  why did it come into being and what did it do to whites other than piss them off that blacks are raising their hands high in a clinch fist as a means of defiance? See 1968 Olympics Mexico City.  Funny whites are in an uproar over a half black man kneeling in front of a flag but have no such mass uproar over  white Men Standing in mass around the symbol of Christ and burning that MOFO  up.  . No one cares about your hypocrisy after 400 years.  No one with any damn self respect or intelligence that's not hate that's intelligence.

Or riding around with treasonous flags of the South that oppressed blacks.  

What damn reality do you live in 1865. GTFOH

25 minutes ago, Troll said:

Then the formulation of your expression of co-equalness was silly.

As always thanks for the dialogue.  Banneker debated you Nat got your attention.  Remember if you would have listen to Banneker there would have never been a Nat Turner.

Knowledge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Again what did it come from.

Please do tell, I was very young in 68.

Please also include how it became universally accepted as a symbol of black power too.... and then you may begin to understand how some non-blacks might even find it offensive...or racially divisive...

Then you get the whole picture kinda thing...

Just now, Troll said:

Please do tell, I was very young in 68.

Please also include how it became universally accepted as a symbol of black power too.... and then you may begin to understand how some non-blacks might even find it offensive...or racially divisive...

Then you get the whole picture kinda thing...

I tell you what . I have 1st hand knowledge of it and I was only 5 in 1968.  But in 1998 I was 35.  See if you can solve that. This isn't a debate you should have with me.  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Then the formulation of your expression of co-equalness was silly.

As always thanks for the dialogue.  Banneker debated you Nat got your attention.  Remember if you would have listen to Banneker there would have never been a Nat Turner.

Knowledge

Never said they were co-equals as groups, as they were certainly not.  What I said was you might as well use one calling card sign or another...the signals serve the same purpose and are equal in meaning, regardless of which group was worse.... 

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

Never said they were co-equals as groups, as they were certainly not.  What I said was you might as well use one calling card sign or another...the signals serve the same purpose and are equal in meaning, regardless of which group was worse.... 

What do you think was the purpose of Black Power? What do you think was their message during the CR movement? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I tell you what . I have 1st hand knowledge of it and I was only 5 in 1968.  But in 1998 I was 35.  See if you can solve that. This isn't a debate you should have with me.  

I never mind losing a debate, so no worries....

I was just relating to Horsefly the answer to his question, on point, about why others see Kap in that light, and how he has 'made it about black' which you bemoan.

Whether others (those judging Kap on what they see) are right or wrong in their beliefs is another question, that for the 3rd time you are invited to answer..

No skin off my back, as in if there are any mis-enterpretations I would prefer to know... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What do you think was the purpose of Black Power? What do you think was their message during the CR movement? 

Again, I would defer to your expertise as I'm sure you are much more well versed, and think an explanation may help many others besides just me. 

But not to avoid the question I think what is left of the definition stands on it's own today.  People see for what it is....two words...

Black Power......and everyone fills in the blanks on what those words mean to, or for them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

I never mind losing a debate, so no worries....

I was just relating to Horsefly the answer to his question, on point, about why others see Kap in that light, and how he has 'made it about black' which you bemoan.

Whether others (those judging Kap on what they see) are right or wrong in their beliefs is another question, that for the 3rd time you are invited to answer..

No skin off my back, as in if there are any mis-enterpretations I would prefer to know... 

I will bow out  Don't want to go further for a reason sir.  Appreciate the dialogue though. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Troll said:

Again, I would defer to your expertise as I'm sure you are much more well versed, and think an explanation may help many others besides just me. 

But not to avoid the question I think what is left of the definition stands on it's own today.  People see for what it is....two words...

Black Power......and everyone fills in the blanks on what those words mean to, or for them.

They shouldn’t “fill in the blanks” there is a history to what it meant and why it came about in the 60s during the civil rights movement.  It’s obvious at that time that blacks were oppressed, legally, politically and economically.  The black power movement was a political ideology to bring about pride and self sufficiency to ensure that our collective interests were being addressed.  (Because they literally weren’t being addressed) 

Coming from a position of oppression and 2d class citizenship it’s hard to make the leap to supremacy and superiority as we’ve never had the position of supremacy.  That’s a stark contrast to white power b/c we’ve been under a system of apartheid, bondage  and actual white supremacy.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They shouldn’t “fill in the blanks” there is a history to what it meant and why it came about in the 60s during the civil rights movement.  It’s obvious at that time that blacks were oppressed, legally, politically and economically.  The black power movement was a political ideology to bring about pride and self sufficiency to ensure that our collective interests were being addressed.  (Because they literally weren’t being addressed) 

Coming from a position of oppression and 2d class citizenship it’s hard to make the leap to supremacy and superiority as we’ve never had the position of supremacy politically nor economically.  That’s a stark contrast to white power b/c we’ve been under a system of apartheid and actual white supremacy.  

This country was South Africa in 1968 when I was a child yet they have more historical amnesia than an Alzheimer's patient.  It's an affront to educated black people.  I really feel they do believe we are a bunch of lazy poor people on welfare and dumb as hell. 

Don't their arguments and proliferation of falsehoods not verify it.  

Then you and I drop a pebble in their shoes and give them some uncomfortability about themselves.  😁

You know like prove what you say.  Imagine that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This country was South Africa in 1968 when I was a child yet they have more historical amnesia than an Alzheimer's patient.  It's an affront to educated black people.  I really feel they do believe we are a bunch of lazy poor people on welfare and dumb as hell. 

Don't their arguments and proliferation of falsehoods not verify it.  

Then you and I drop a pebble in their shoes and give them some uncomfortability about themselves.  😁

Exactly!   Black power=pride and self worth in the face of 400 yrs of oppression, degradation and bondage

white power=white supremacy with 400 yrs of practical application. 

These never were interchangeable!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly!   Black power=pride and self worth in the face of 400 yrs of oppression, degradation and bondage

Although I'm jumping into a discussion at the end without having read what's gone on before it, I don't want to miss a chance to register my agreement with you, since we've disagreed on so much in the past.

If I'm understanding, it's the same with homosexuals. 

Given the actual history, it makes sense for gay people to express publicly that they're not less valuable than other human beings despite their sexual preferences. Call it gay pride. 

But given the actual history, it makes little sense for heterosexuals to do the same thing. To organize and shout "Straight pride!" in the streets would likely run against gay people's efforts to have their human dignity widely recognized. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Sorry for the delay, had an errand to run.

Your expressions and customs will never have the same meaning as it will for people you exclude from your group. Especially if you are trying to set the definition for the other's side. But I will run with your definitions anyway.... 

I left DD a little nugget that sounded cracked the other day (about applying history to present day, and the amount of relevance required) that I knew would come in handy.  I'll apply it here to provide perspective...

His note of historical amnesia is a very good one....but therein lies the conundrum. what to do when the world 'just does not understand' your protest?  Well let's just all take the 'cracked' approach......and see how that one goes...

So assuming history is totally irrelevant (in the sense that yes people actually live in the present, and could care less of history) where do we actually STAND TODAY?!?

AWE HECK lookie there,  just got back to that old outstanding question of "Why do we have a Civil rights act of 1964" that is TODAY only allowed to be abused and tossed away when it comes to one side....like how is that even legal.... TODAY???  Now I could easily posit that the 'black on white oppression' began right around your very same 1968, with the conveniently ignored Philadelphia laws enacted and spreading from there..... certainly not Lynching in the street oppression, but oppression non the less. Apathetic whites could ignore this for years (being so advantaged and all). So sticking to Today, how many do you think there are left that feel they can still afford these disadvantages institutionally written into our Laws?  Sure ya got 400 years of oppression and think your actions justified by it, but can you ever really justify oppressive inequality in the rules themselves? 

TODAY's population got hit with the 45 year make-up call flag from the ref, and that's what they feel like they are living today...

When EQUALITY is the topic and you start complaining, TODAY'S situations are what people are forced to live by...…while you claim oppression, they already have yours against them, in their face....

...and a black power fist pump ain't gonna help you bridge any gaps

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They shouldn’t “fill in the blanks” there is a history to what it meant and why it came about in the 60s during the civil rights movement.  

BTW: I DO agree with this statement...

And also things viewed from too narrow a scope won't produce the best results, so there is a definite relevance to including 'history'....

The issue most have is that everyone's history is different, not as 'groupable' as you might think, and certainly not understood universally.

Basically just not the best driver for policy.  

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Sorry for the delay, had an errand to run.

Your expressions and customs will never have the same meaning as it will for people you exclude from your group. Especially if you are trying to set the definition for the other's side. But I will run with your definitions anyway.... 

I left DD a little nugget that sounded cracked the other day (about applying history to present day, and the amount of relevance required) that I knew would come in handy.  I'll apply it here to provide perspective...

His note of historical amnesia is a very good one....but therein lies the conundrum. what to do when the world 'just does not understand' your protest?  Well let's just all take the 'cracked' approach......and see how that one goes...

So assuming history is totally irrelevant (in the sense that yes people actually live in the present, and could care less of history) where do we actually STAND TODAY?!?

AWE HECK lookie there,  just got back to that old outstanding question of "Why do we have a Civil rights act of 1964" that is TODAY only allowed to be abused and tossed away when it comes to one side....like how is that even legal.... TODAY???  Now I could easily posit that the 'black on white oppression' began right around your very same 1968, with the conveniently ignored Philadelphia laws enacted and spreading from there..... certainly not Lynching in the street oppression, but oppression non the less. Apathetic whites could ignore this for years (being so advantaged and all). So sticking to Today, how many do you think there are left that feel they can still afford these disadvantages institutionally written into our Laws?  Sure ya got 400 years of oppression and think your actions justified by it, but can you ever really justify oppressive inequality in the rules themselves? 

TODAY's population got hit with the 45 year make-up call flag from the ref, and that's what they feel like they are living today...

When EQUALITY is the topic and you start complaining, TODAY'S situations are what people are forced to live by...…while you claim oppression, they already have yours against them, in their face....

...and a black power fist pump ain't gonna help you bridge any gaps

It's people like you and Bellybob who might disagree but each of you always provide your context with honest discourse. I can't speak for Horsefly but I try to explain the cause so you can understand the problem.  Actually I would only take time with you two on matters such as this.  If you know why I arrive at my grievance you may better understand my actions.    The irony iis neither him or I would kneel.

When you can explain which black protest no matter the method was accepted by those you claim are offended by it.  I would buy your Black fist argument and vehemently back you.  Unfortunately you can't revise your history in America and it's rotten to the core.  How did praying begging and kneeling work for MLK.?  It's not the gesture its the hue behind the Gesture. 

Read any comments about Kapernick including that swine eating Teacher.

May arthritis and trichinea wear her hateful ignorant ass out. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Damn did Banneker just go Turner.

Sir that is a powerful statement.

Clearly not ready for the next level. That is Baldwin type wisdom. 😎  Is this not the appropriate emoji for him?