Nike Commits Company Suicide Endorses Colin Kapernick

LiberalDonaldTrump

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Everything your son signs up for always put down your a minority. They cant challenge it

I understand the thought, but that is just not me....

And not something I would want to instill in my son...

Not to condemn anyone who does, but it is what it is.... 

BTW: For Native Americans it is WAAAY more complicated than that, you must be on a tribal role, and this requires DNA evidence above certain percentages.  On top of that my wife's 'tribe' is recognized by the state, but not the federal government, so that option was not even available for the Academy... 

39 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You have to take advantage of the system. I know it sucks but that as white people is what we have to do now

Would suck worse for me to compromise my principles or honor.  As I expect other to follow the rules, I do so myself...

Subversion of law is claimed by some to be a form of protest of what laws they think unjust....

The logic in my head tells me to fight for, or find, a better way.  Again that is just me.....

BTW: when I mentioned that I would not condemn those who felt differently, that is not to say that the are given a free pass...I still believe it to be wrong, and would have to tell you such. I believe you are 100% wrong in the statement above, but to each his own.

Just now, Troll said:

Would suck worse for me to compromise my principles or honor.  As I expect other to follow the rules, I do so myself...

Subversion of law is claimed by some to be a form of protest of what laws they think unjust....

The logic in my head tells me to fight for, or find, a better way.  Again that is just me.....

BTW: when I mentioned that I would not condemn those who felt differently, that is not to say that the are given a free pass...I still believe it to be wrong, and would have to tell you such. I believe you are 100% wrong in the statement above, but to each his own.

I agree with you. I was being sarcastic. Obv I dont believe my last post as I think it is utterly ridiculous

4 hours ago, Troll said:

What did I miss? Apologize??? for what? 

I took no offense to anything I read, and saw nothing wrong with what you posted (just clarified one point).

Tired so maybe I missed it, but no worries.... 

It may have been in the 9/11 thread. I was calling people stupid. And that's rarely helpful or worth saying.

So my apology was aimed at those guys in that thread, and to the board in general (for whatever such an apology may be worth), since this is a public space. 

I should't call people stupid.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, DarterBlue said:

And getting back to the original topic, Wall Street must be stupid, for based on how NKE has traded after the initial selloff, it is clearly bullish on the company. The stock's price is right back to where it was before the announcement. So at the worst, the ad is regarded as having no effect on the company's prospects. 

The true test of success will be in the next earnings report.  But looking at Nike's demographics, it's unlikely they will be negatively affected.  The new publicity will probably offset any past customers they may lose, and then some.

Plus, if Nike's Kaep campaign turns out to be better than expected, then Colin Kaepernick will get more endorsements from other companies.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, ohio said:

The true test of success will be in the next earnings report.  But looking at Nike's demographics, it's unlikely they will be negatively affected.  The new publicity will probably offset any past customers they may lose, and then some.

Plus, if Nike's Kaep campaign turns out to be better than expected, then Colin Kaepernick will get more endorsements from other companies.

That about sums up the company ships direction...…..pretty spot on

….And they won't look back much, nor do they ride on...…

the wake left behind...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, stanscript said:

Nike didn't get to be where they are by being dummies.  While there are no guarantees of a successful campaign using Colin Kaepernick, you can be sure that they did their due diligence to estimate the effect to the third decimal point.

An now for an opinion that was more thought out about the long-term effect on Nike stock:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nikes-colin-kaepernick-campaign-reward-risk-131301863.html

Nike stock is up $6 Billion in value since the Kaepernick ad and is nearing an all-time high.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nike-market-value-colin-kaepernick_us_5ba7693ae4b0375f8f9dcb09