OT: Charlie Strong Fired @ Texas

DevilDog

Die hard Longhorn fan and supported Strong. But you can't have 3 losing seasons in a row at UT and include shutout loses to Iowa State and then lose to Freaking Kansas making Texas the laughingstock of College football.  Enjoy the 10 mil buyout get another job but for now lets get this program back to where it belongs.  I don't care who they hire as long as he fits the culture and has a proven track record.  Charlie seemed to focus more on being a social worker and Father figure than a head coach.  He was hired to win football not change lives that's what others are hired to do there. 

CyMu1ihVIAA4sNu.jpg

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Texas hired Herman. You seem to have been impressed with UH over last two years. You buying?

He has a history with UT.  And dude convinced the only 5 star recruit to sign with a non power 5 school @ Houston. Yes I know they lost 3 games to Navy, SMU and Memphis but He also is the only coach to mudstomp 2 top 5 teams this year.   Recruits will stay because of him and I see on social media they are wanting him to keep ex Gilmer Coach Jeff Traylor from Charlie's staff because he recruits Beast Texas and kids there love him>  Here is one below from a Beast Texas Recruit.

@LagaryonnCarson

Eylau Tx|DE| #88|Ut Commitment|#LetsRide #RealLifeGoon#ESPN300 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Recruits Texas still in good yal quit playing and let's go pop this thing off ?#squadup #HookEm

2. ??...

CyM_tNmUAAAEg6s.jpg

Retweet

More
  3. Lagaryonn Carson Retweeted Justin Wells

We gotta keep coach fs ?#beastTexas

Lagaryonn Carson added,

CyM1S34VEAED4BI.jpg
    Justin Wells @justinwells2424
    For the record, nobody recruited Big 12 like @CoachTraylor. Nobody. And those in the know are aware of this. #HookEm

• Like 2

Herman has a deep track record in Texas:

"They hadn't had football there in 12 years. He offered me $5,000 and a cafeteria card for one meal a day, so I packed up my Honda Civic and went, sight unseen."

After a year, Herman landed a bigger gig while getting a master's degree in education.

"I learned football from [then-offensive coordinator] Greg Davis at the University of Texas," he says. "That was back in the I-formation days, and they were handing the ball to Ricky Williams 35 times a game in iso and power. That's what I believed in."

After two years, Herman landed his first full-time gig at age 26: receivers and special teams coach at Sam Houston State. Ron Randleman, while ending a nearly 25-year stretch as SHSU's head coach, introduced a variable into Herman's belief system.

“There, I had some experience with the shotgun spread offense.”

That changed everything.

"You've gotta run the football. Have to, have to, have to. We're just going to do it from the shotgun, from spread formations. We're basically a two-back run team that just happens to run from the shotgun. We gain an extra advantage with the QB."

Herman spent four years at SHSU, with his stay punctuated by an 11-3 season and a trip to the I-AA semifinals. Those Bearkats were pass-heavy -- they averaged over 350 yards through the air -- but Herman was meshing his Ricky Williams beliefs with a shotgun scheme.

In 2005, Texas State head coach David Bailiff brought Herman to San Marcos as coordinator. He found his quarterback template in Houston transfer Barrick Nealy, who threw for 2,875 yards and rushed for 1,057, manufacturing 34 touchdowns and leading the Bobcats to a I-AA semifinal.

"Once we got to TSU, and I inherited Nealy in 2005, we jumped all in with the shotgun spread."

His staffs can compete with anybody in recruiting

Last cycle, the Cougars landed five-star Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver, becoming one of only a handful of midmajors to ever land a five-star. Oliver went on to become maybe the country’s best freshman lineman, keying an attack that sacked Lamar Jackson 11 times in UH’s upset of Louisville.

That’s just one example. Herman’s 2016 class ranked No. 36 in the 247Sports Composite, miles ahead of UH’s nonpower peers.

10 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Texas jumps from one "hot" coach to another.  All hat, no cattle??  They might need to leave the Big 12 to succeed.

The Longhorn Network did Texas in.

Network of Doom.

The Network started in 2011. They talked about it for months in 2010.

Texas troubles start in 2010.

Ditch that loser Network and Big Hat attitudes. Thing is losing millions anyways.

College Football has changed dramatically over the last 20 years.  Alububba is the exception to the rule.  The old Blue bloods are not what they used to be especially

in the big football states with the expansion of teams and kids playing OOS.  For instance back during the old SWC and early Big 12 Days.  There probably were at the most 6 -7 DI Teams in Texas hell there are probably 13 or more now.  And yes they get kids that would be backups at TX, A&M and Tech in the old days. Now UT have to hit on that big QB recruit because in the old days there would be 3 behind him.  Not anymore those kids don't come to sit they come to play and look around the country with Texas QB's.  The Longhorns are not choosing kids like the old days they are in serious recruiting wars with Teams they used to looked down on.  Hell Darryl Royal used to refer to TCU as cockroaches.  Which team now look like cockroaches?  It can be done but it will take some serious work and a change of ideology.  Strong came in without any knowledge of the Big 12 and by year 3 he tried to adapt and it was too late.  He fired 8 coordinators,  waited to year 3 to adopt the spread which Texas kids are weaned on and he had no idea how to defense it.  And he did not have a QB which is the death nail if you are in the Big 12.  The best team here always have the stud QB or the good teams.  You can win in other conferences without that but not in the BIG 12.   

Herman has roots here and with what he did in State with UH. Talk about SMU, MEMPHIS AND NAVY all you want but don't forget his COOG's Mudstomping FSU, MobileHoma and Louisville.  Now on what day would Charlie Strong and his horns beat any of them and I am talking about this group SMU, MEMPHIS AND NAVY.  LOL

We became Kansas' bottom bitch. Damn

21 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Die hard Longhorn fan and supported Strong. But you can't have 3 losing seasons in a row at UT and include shutout loses to Iowa State and then lose to Freaking Kansas making Texas the laughingstock of College football.  Enjoy the 10 mil buyout get another job but for now lets get this program back to where it belongs.  I don't care who they hire as long as he fits the culture and has a proven track record.  Charlie seemed to focus more on being a social worker and Father figure than a head coach.  He was hired to win football not change lives that's what others are hired to do there. 

CyMu1ihVIAA4sNu.jpg

They can't do this damn it!!! Black lives matter!!!:(