The Top 10 H.S. Football Dynasties since 03!!!

22 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Damn rather than arguing you guys should appreciate what each State brings to the table.  The top teams from Cali and TX are usually the best IMO because they always have great QB's, execution, etc - real fun teams to watch especially offensively.  The South has by far the best defensive players and if the top teams there get a good defensive coach to make them a unit good luck (though this is rare) -  on offense they are typically inferior to Cali and TX because they just rely on speed and individual gamebreakers (usually awful QB and special team play - particularly in FL)    The midwest and east tend to be balanced & well coached just not quite as good overall.  These different regional attributes are to me what make  up the greatest game in the USofA!

I'm fortunate to see a great deal of HS ball - I'm a strength coach and also assist with recruiting for an FBS school

I liked your post because I agree that we should all just be able to appreciate what each state brings to the table, but...

I will disagree with some of the observation about qb and relying on speed from skill positions in Georgia. Recently Georgia is well on the upswing with producing higher rated qbs and of course in morphing away from the antiquated offenses of the past.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Or you just cant find a High School defense from California that can. California is not known for great defense.

However... Florida and Georgia are. 

Texas probably has some defenses too, like Allen. But when you think of Texas you also think of offense, not defense.

Bring the golden boys to the Southeast. 

I hear you.  I've definitely scene some defenses in the South that could very well shut down any HS team that I've seen.  (especially with the advantage of hindsight and seeing how many of the players now start in the NFL!)  That said, I find that HS kids are susceptible mental breakdowns and I watch that MD team in person.  They are very precise and the QB was extremely accurate great o-line play, etc.  The defensive team would have to be very well coached which I have seen in GA!  That  why GA teams is top tier - they have sick talent and many of the teams are well coached.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I liked your post because I agree that we should all just be able to appreciate what each state brings to the table, but...

I will disagree with some of the observation about qb and relying on speed from skill positions in Georgia. Recently Georgia is well on the upswing with producing higher rated qbs and of course in morphing away from the antiquated offenses of the past.

Hes been brainwashed in the West Coast mindset. People mistake more points scored in a game to better teams... When thats been proven to false.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree with you here bud .....I should have clarified.  I mention in the below post that I've been very impressed with teams I've seen from GA because the talent is top notch but the coaching and teamplay is solid as well....GA is an awesome HS FB State.   I was eluding more to the FL team in my above post - the amount of special teams blunders alone I've seen there in one game is enough to last a lifetime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I agree with you here bud .....I should have clarified.  I mention in the below post that I've been very impressed with teams I've seen from GA because the talent is top notch but the coaching and teamplay is solid as well....GA is an awesome HS FB State.   I was eluding more to the FL team in my above post - the amount of special teams blunders alone I've seen there in one game is enough to last a lifetime.

I kind of read it as that is what you meant, but, it was left a little open so that it could have meant both states. 

Thanks for the good posts either way. 

11 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Florida high schools simply dont pay enough to hang on to their top notch coaches. Georgia has been poaching them like crazy. So most, not all, Florida schools do rely mainly on talent ... Theres no denying that Florida is top notch when it comes to overall talent though....

A lot of their top teams are also lacking competent QBs. They place an Athlete back there and let him throw a bunch of 50/50 jump balls and hope their athlete can just out jump the other guy... And a lot of times, that works.. But its getting more difficult as coaching gets better and more teams stress better defense.

Ive been glad to see Georgias QB play rise dramatically along with the complexity of the offenses. 15 years ago, it was put all your best players on D, and hope the offense can break off a few big plays and score.

But GA has progressed well in all areas ... coaching, offenses, QBs, etc ... 

Im looking forward to this years OOS games.

I still dont believe many West Coast teams put a great defensive product on the field. Texas is starting to do better in this area. They seem to have a lot of good athletes on the defensive side of the ball, and they are slowly putting more of an emphasis on it.

this is a better list:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/CyL-hENBO0CuaGbUoW46xw/top-10-high-school-football-single-seasons-since-2003.htm

Top 10 high school football single seasons since 2003

Mater Dei's 2017 campaign graded best, but Southlake Carroll lands three separate teams on list.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Video: Mater Dei vs. De La Salle highlights
See the Monarchs finish off a season ranked the best single year since 2003.

Which team had the greatest single season of any high school football team since 2003? Last year's Mater Dei squad? The 2016 Bishop Gorman team? Any one of a few teams from Southlake Carroll in the early 2000s?

While fans could debate for a long time … OK, forever … MaxPreps partner Ned Freeman at CalPreps.comhas produced dynasty ratings that rank the top seasons by a single football team.

Freeman factors in results, strength of schedule and opponents and takes into account games going back to 2003, giving fans and readers and unmatched look at the high school football landscape over the past 15 years.

Here are the top 10 single-season, according to Freeman. 

Top 10 single season football teams since 2003
e3e34c93-dc94-e811-80c8-d763c7c5c244_ori
Graphic by Ryan Escobar
1. 2017 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)
Rating: 97
National ranking: No. 1
Opponent's W-L record: 128-57
Strength of schedule: 67.2
Top 100 wins: 10 — No. 3 St. John Bosco (Bellflower), No. 3 St. John Bosco (Bellflower), No. 13 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), No. 15 De La Salle (Concord), No. 17 Mission Viejo, No. 19 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, N.J.), No. 49 Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita), No. 70 Long Beach Poly (Long Beach), No. 88 JSerra (San Juan Capistrano), No. 98 Orange Lutheran (Orange).

2. (tie) 2011 Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.)
Rating: 90.7
Opponent's W-L record: 86-40
Strength of schedule: 49.8
Top 100 wins: 6 — No. 16 St. Joseph Regional (Montvale), No. 17 Manatee (Bradenton, Fla.), No. 21 Bergen Cartholic (Oradell), No. 21 Bergen Cartholic (Oradell), No. 66 Mission Viejo (Calif.), No. 69 St. Edward (Lakewood, Ohio).

2. (tie) 2006 Carroll (Southlake, Texas)
Rating: 90.7
Opponent's W-L record: 122-70
Strength of schedule: 52.7
Top 100 wins: 7 — No. 3 Trinity (Euless), No. 7 Allen, No. 9 Colleyville Heritage (Colleyville), No. 9 Colleyville Heritage (Colleyville), No. 26 Westlake (Austin), No. 85 Permian (Odessa), No. 96 Grapevine.

4. 2017 IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Rating: 90.5
National ranking: No. 2
Opponent's W-L record: 86-22
Strength of schedule: 69.1
Top 100 wins: 7 — No. 12 Centennial (Corona, Calif.), No. 26 Chandler (Ariz.), No. 27 Northwestern (Miami), No. 28 Venice, No. 35 Hoover (Ala.), No. 52 Central (Miami), No. 54 East (Salt Lake City).

5. 2005 Carroll (Southlake, Texas)
Rating: 88.6
Opponent's W-L record: 120-65
Strength of schedule: 52.6
Top 100 wins: 6 — No. 5 Plano, No. 8 Katy, NO. 11 Lufkin, No. 24 Abilene, No. 34 MacArthur (Irving), No. 70 Allen.

Rating: 87
Opponent's W-L record: 140-60
Strength of schedule: 56.2
Top 100 wins: 5 –— No. 7 De La Salle (Concord), No. 11 Mater Dei (Santa Ana), No. 11 Mater Dei (Santa Ana), No. 37 Centennial (Corona), No. 74 Alemany (Mission Hills).

7. 2016 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)
Rating: 86.8
Opponent's W-L record: 115-58
Strength of schedule: 37.2
Top 100 wins: 6 — No. 2 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.), No. 7 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), No. 36 Cedar Hill (Texas), No. 55 Kahuku (Hawaii), No. 73 Cocoa 9Fla.), No. 78 Liberty (Henderson).

8. 2004 Colerain (Cincinnati)
Rating: 86
Opponent's W-L record: 98-68
Strength of schedule: 43.7
Top 100 wins: 4 — No. 20 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati), No. 58 Elder (Cincinnati), No. 58 Elder (Cincinnati), No. 61 Centerville.

9. 2013 Allen (Texas)
Rating: 85.9
National ranking: No. 2
Opponent's W-L record: 138-59
Strength of schedule: 51.7
Top 100 wins: 5 — No. 3 DeSoto, No. 9 Cedar Hill, No. 25 Coppell, No 35 Carroll (Southlake), No. 74 Westfield (Houston).

10. 2004 Carroll (Southlake, Texas)
Rating: 85.8
National ranking: No. 5
Opponent's W-L record: 121-66
Strength of schedule: 51.6
Top 100 wins: 6 — No. 5 Lufkin, No. 9 Ryan (Denton), No. 9 Abilene, No. 9 Ryan (Denton), No. 15 Smithson Valley (Spring Branch), No. 68 Lee (Midland).

On 7/28/2018 at 3:03 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Wait, where is ga?  ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol you think that’s bad look at the rest of the list lmao yea and their a top 3 football state

48495219-AA49-47B8-B738-E33A700D7CA4.png

03B5415B-7D61-4B92-B7F5-89621C09D8FB.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dude we all already knew all this but it does make it nice to once in a while post the proof.  Pathetic.

22 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Damn rather than arguing you guys should appreciate what each State brings to the table.  The top teams from Cali and TX are usually the best IMO because they always have great QB's, execution, etc - real fun teams to watch especially offensively.  The South has by far the best defensive players and if the top teams there get a good defensive coach to make them a unit good luck (though this is rare) -  on offense they are typically inferior to Cali and TX because they just rely on speed and individual gamebreakers (usually awful QB and special team play - particularly in FL)    The midwest and east tend to be balanced & well coached just not quite as good overall.  These different regional attributes are to me what make  up the greatest game in the USofA!

I'm fortunate to see a great deal of HS ball - I'm a strength coach and also assist with recruiting for an FBS school

Agreed and I have been trying to tell these fools the same thing but they refuse to listen to reason. 

I'm of the opinion that the rules and ebb and flow of talent in Georgia is the reason they aren't placing any teams in the top 50 of that dynasty rating. No single program rides at the top of the state year after year after year after year like is allowed to happen in a lot of other states. It's called top flight parity. Something most states know little about. 

Anyway... Carry on. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm of the opinion that the rules and ebb and flow of talent in Georgia is the reason they aren't placing any teams in the top 50 of that dynasty rating. No single program rides at the top of the state year after year after year after year like is allowed to happen in a lot of other states. It's called top flight parity. Something most states know little about. 

Anyway... Carry on. 

Parity means lack of greatness where athletics is concerned 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It means not one team is allowed to run the state, not that there isn't great teams in the state annually. 

What do you mean allowed 😂 either you’re great or you’re not.Texas has great teams that dominate is that because they are “allowed” 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Ararar said:

What do you mean allowed 😂 either you’re great or you’re not.Texas has great teams that dominate is that because they are “allowed” 😂

I mean the rules don't allow a team to reload/stack every single year. While it can happen that a team in a talent rich area can stay at or near the top for several years, it never lasts. The rules aren't conducive to it. 

Don't be a Dallas Jackson with the parity means you can't be good as a state crap. You see he's some comic book nerd now. Don't become a comic book nerd. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mean the rules don't allow a team to reload/stack every single year. While it can happen that a team in a talent rich area can stay at or near the top for several years, it never lasts. The rules aren't conducive to it. 

Don't be a Dallas Jackson with the parity means you can't be good as a state crap. You see he's some comic book nerd now. Don't become a comic book nerd. 

Don’t change the subject.you avoided my Texas example.Allen was dominate with 3 championships and are still considered at or near the top like a dynasty.Same public dominated state.So what’s wrong with GA?

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Don’t change the subject.you avoided my Texas example.Allen was dominate with 3 championships and are still considered at or near the top like a dynasty.Same public dominated state.So what’s wrong with GA?

There are geographical and growth differences bro. It's not that difficult. Just because it's a public dominated state doesn't make it the same as Georgia. New schools opening in the major metro sapping talent and shifting which schools kids go to etc. Lot's of differences. 

It's official. You are a DJ. A comic book nerd. xD