The Top 10 H.S. Football Dynasties since 03!!!

That DFB vs MNW game is one I wish i could have seen.   I remember people saying they thought robinson was in on the 4th and 2 that would have put it away, but have never been able to see any footage of that game :(.  It's one of those games that seems to have been erased from history.  Maybe one day it'll show up somewhere.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-12-08/sports/nw08_1_deerfield-beach-miami-northwestern-orange-bowl

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How do we REALLY know how good numbers 2-4 are. They've never played elite OOS competition. ET has my respect. 

This is a bad take.  If playing OOS is the only way for you to tell how good a team is, you do not know football and are not qualified to be judging how good any team is in the first place. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. LA has better players, but NJ has better TEAMS at the top. Since 2009, Nevada is the ONLY state with more MNCs than NJ (3). Not bad for a shitty hsfb state. Love the debate and passion tonight on the site!

You are wrong on a few different levels.  Stop trying to stir the pot because your C-level out of state matchup site doesn’t get traction in TX.  It’s embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bingham would've been Top 10 in the USA last season if they didn't play SFA in the Geico Series. And that would've been a travesty. OOS results are the great equalizer IMO. 

That's bc Bingham doesnt have strong competition in state, Texas does along with a few other states.  

Here are a few name brand teams texas has played (only 2 texas teams either won or played in the title game that season. TX went 14-10)  22/24 opponents went back and either won their state title or played in it.  

STA

plant

miami central

cocoa (2)

MNW

miramar

glades central

chaminade

bingham

bellevue (2)

DLS

Hoover

BG

union (6)

Jenks (2)

Bentonville, AR

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. LA has better players, but NJ has better TEAMS at the top. Since 2009, Nevada is the ONLY state with more MNCs than NJ (3). Not bad for a shitty hsfb state. Love the debate and passion tonight on the site!

CA has pieces of MNC in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

Wrong.....

The craze has always been there. You kids NOT so much.

Example: 2001

Evangel Christian vs Lufkin was the biggest OOS game that year. Evangel won that one 33-17 and finished 5th nationally and won 5A State here. Lufkin finished #6 nationally and won 5A State in Texas..

That was the OOS game of the year in 2001 while NJ was dicking around trying learn football and recruit teams.

2001 Rivals Poll

http://www.neshaminyfootball.com/history/notable_eras/2001_schmidt/final_rivals_high_rankings.htm

Plenty more....

Evangel v Lufkin May have been biggest OOS game but wasn’t even close the biggest travel game 

DLS travelled across the equivilant of 10 NJ’s to play in first ever national #1 v #2 game.......

...... reinforcing point that it’s not where you play but who you play 

“OOS” overhyped by people with small.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Someone needs to pull up the stuff from the old Texashs football board.  

You won't find comments from me on it back then.  I did read comments where some thought SLC was gonna romp.  I wasn't the only Texan that wanted their smug asses to lose.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bingham would've been Top 10 in the USA last season if they didn't play SFA in the Geico Series. And that would've been a travesty. OOS results are the great equalizer IMO. 

Not by many people. Most know where Bingham stands.

That 1 single game also doesnt mean EVERYTHING. Just because SFA beat them that badly doesnt mean anyone else couldve.

Matchups mean alot. Couldve been a shitty match up... Which it did appear to be... Bingham isnt a speed team, and SFA was... SFA ran around, past, and over them... Doesnt mean anyone else couldve. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You won't find comments from me on it back then.  I did read comments where some thought SLC was gonna romp.  I wasn't the only Texan that wanted their smug asses to lose.  

Oh I remember.  It was a lot more than a few Texans that wanted them to lose.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Oh I remember.  It was a lot more than a few Texans that wanted them to lose.  

Ironic exactly a decade later they hired Riley Dodge the QB in that game as their head coach.  I remember all the excuses too.  Well if Todd Dodge was still there.   Blah.  BLah blah.  That was suppose to be one of the best offenses for them 10 Sr's. Came back on offense.  MNW actually held them to 2 td's tbe other was a defensive fumble return .  I remember Nate Newton saying he told Trey think of a faster & bigger Lufkin who had some great playoff games with them but lost each time.

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was another that was rooting for MNW.  Don't really care all that much for SLC today either. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@RedZone  

Part of the Don Bosco Centennial Celebration doubleheader at Don Bosco....that's 100 years to you copper boy....

Don Bosco 10 Rummel 3

Neither team had 10 first downs or 200 yds of offense.....

Bosco finished with 187 yards of total offense to Rummel’s 185. In the first half, Rummel had 113 yards to Bosco’s 111.

St John Bosco, CA 56 St Peters's Prep 14

Another example of NJ shitting the bed largely.

#impressiveshit

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I was another that was rooting for MNW.  Don't really care all that much for SLC today either. 

I know and neither do I.  One of my former co-workers and friend a white dude who used to go to games with me.  Was suppose to watch the Skyline playoff with my girl and I at SMU.  He got there late and sat on their side.  We all remember the controversy in their win.  He told me it was disgusting the things their fans was calling the Skyline kids and fans.  Remember a coach calling a Desoto kid the Nword.  We were at that game as well.  My Girl can't stand them. She absolutely has disdain.  Plus you know how she is about dem damn Skyline Raiders. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I know and neither do I.  One of my former co-workers and friend a white dude who used to go to games with me.  Was suppose to watch the Skyline playoff with my girl and I at SMU.  He got there late and sat on their sidel.  We all remember the controversy in their win.  He told me it was disgusting the things their fans was calling the Skyline kids and fans.  Remember a coach calling a Desoto kid the Nword.  We were at that game as well.  My Girl can't stand them. She absolutely has disdain.  Plus you know how she is about dem damn Skyline Raiders. 

Yep, SLC is far from my favorite program, Highland Park is in that group too

😂.   Skyline might make a slight comeback this year.  They have solid pieces coming back.

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And the fact a urban based school with a bunch of minorities destroyed many stereotypes.  Talented well coached and played with tremendous discipline.  Those kids left here with the respect of many. Especially after that BS magazine article left at their hotel rooms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep, SLC is far from my favorite program, Highland Park is in that group too

😂.   Skyline might make a slight comeback this year.  They have solid pieces coming back.

I agree but I have seen great sportsmanship from HP.  Especially Jerry Jones grandson at QB.  That kid is ok with me after watching his actions in those playoff games.  I remember them being pissed about losing coin toss vs bEast Texas Marshall when Stratford was there and having the game in Tyler.  They rented tv space and broadcast game here.  Lol. Bitched about stadium size etc.  So yeah they are smuggled.

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How do we REALLY know how good numbers 2-4 are. They've never played elite OOS competition. ET has my respect. 

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not at all. IMO there's no other way to know how good a team like Allen (and the entire state of TX for that matter) REALLY is without being able to compare their OOS wins vs the OOS wins of other comparable "elite" teams. A few years back IMG, BG and Liberty NV all proved that the state was not THAT and may be overrated in this modern-age of hsfb. Not questioning the pomp and circumstance of TX hsfb, it's the best. Just that there's no better proof than OOS wins vs other Top 100 teams. And TX has one good win in the last five years (DLS). 

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bottom line: TX is 1-3 in its last four relevant OOS games. Not a good look for the supposed 'top' hsfb state in America. Time for the 'power' publics to put up or shut up, and start getting some quality wins vs the teams that matter. TX will never spawn another MNC team without these meaningful wins. If MNCs don't matter, feel free to stay the course. It's your prerogative. 

Like others have said, this wreaks of self-serving nonsense.

By your goofy logic, we should think that NV plays the best HSFB in the country, because BG has collected more MNC's than any other team in recent years and because they've racked up the OOS wins. 

It may be that TXs top teams haven't been quite as good as BG and IMG in the last 4 years or so. But that is likely true of every other team in the country. TX's losing to those teams certainly doesn't prove that TX is overrated.

And if I remember correctly, Liberty beat a TX team who had just lost their starting QB. 

• Thanks 1